Modded ALC662 & Sigmatel 9223 with codec verbs

OcciJano

140 posts in this topic

One more thing...

I need to boot with -f to have working sound...

if not i got message System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Plugins/HDAEnabler.kext not properly installed...

can you tell me what is wrong.....did chmod chown with AppleHDA.kext.....repaired permissions....

thanks for any help...

hello again

can someone help with this???

hello again

can someone help with this???

Hi Pietruszka:

Every AppleHDA.kext I've posted here contains a HDAEnabler.kext inside, so you need to remove the one that is inside your /System/Extensions/, also remove ALCInject.kext.

Once removed, if you don't have Kext Helper, drag the AppleHDA.kext inside /System/Extensions/, then in terminal:

chmod -R 755 /Volumes/Tiger/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/Tiger/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

rm /Volumes/Tiger/System/Library/Extensions.mkext

diskutil repairPermissions /Volumes/Tiger/System/Library/Extensions/

Replace Tiger with the actual name of the partition containing your MacOS.

I bought an Asrock 4CoreDual-SATA2 mobo with ALC662 audio. The HCL for 10.4.8 on the wiki states http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=36520&st=0&p=259784entry259784" thread has a driver for ALC662, and that "Everything works" with it. Yet, the topic title says it's for ALC88x. And, 3 different drivers are on that page, which one are you supposed to install? :blink: Has anyone had luck with this?

I bought an Asrock 4CoreDual-SATA2 mobo with ALC662 audio. The HCL for 10.4.8 on the wiki states http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=36520&st=0&p=259784entry259784" thread has a driver for ALC662, and that "Everything works" with it. Yet, the topic title says it's for ALC88x. And, 3 different drivers are on that page, which one are you supposed to install? :blink: Has anyone had luck with this?

Well, there is also a modded AppleHDA for Sigmatel 9223, but, ALC662 has been harder to get done, that's the reasons for several attempts to get it right.

Try first the one from Post #12

You can also try from Post #6, Post #25, and Post #1

The thread you refer was a very good one, but, using azalia (ALCInject) only gives sound out.

Well, there is also a modded AppleHDA for Sigmatel 9223, but, ALC662 has been harder to get done, that's the reasons for several attempts to get it right.

So, do you think there's an error on the HCL, then?

Try first the one from Post #12

You can also try from Post #6, Post #25, and Post #1

I'd love to, but can you tell me how to remove/uninstall it if it does NOT work?

So, do you think there's an error on the HCL, then?

I'd love to, but can you tell me how to remove/uninstall it if it does NOT work?

To remove any of my kexts simply remove the AppleHDA.kext out of your MacOS /System/Library/Extensions/

Then install any other AppleHDA.

Edit 1:

Oh... I didn't pay attention to your first post, yes, there are some ALC88x, you're right, but I haven't tested. Don't know if they work in ALC662 :blink:

Edit 2:

To remove others ALC662, remove AppleHDA.kext and probably you need to remove also HDAEnabler.kext or ALCInject.kext.

I just tried from post #12. Great Job!! Except Mute does NOT work, neither does my Front Panel. Any way to fix, at least, mute?? Actually, my Front Panel will NOT work in Windows, either, but it works in Knoppix and Linux. Also, System Profiler will NOT show Device or Audio ID.

To OcciJano

I modified your AppleHDA.kext for getting headphone auto switch. Front speakers will be muted, if headphone plugs in the front jack. However, cannot get 4 channels. I made it as another option.

Note: Front audio panel should support HDA.

How I did;

1. change 21471e01 (Line Out) to 21471e11 (Internal speaker)

2. change 21b71d4c to 21b71d40 (Misc = 0; jack detection supported. Got knowledge from reading Microsoft's Pin Configuration Guidelines for High Definition Audio Devices.)

3. edit pathmap, see my posted AppleHDA.kext

4. I use LineIn (freeware) for using my old CD player from Line In port pass through front speakers. http://www.rogueamoeba.com/freebies/

Working: Line Out/Internal Speaker(Green), Line In (Blue), Rear Mic(Pink), Front Headphone (Green), Optical Output; tested on ONKYO S5105

Not Working: Front Mic (Pink)

*** If you want 5.1 analog output, please go to post #50.

Edited on 12/10/2008

AppleHDA662_945GCM_S2L.kext.zip

To OcciJano

I modified your AppleHDA.kext for getting headphone auto switch. Front speakers will be muted, if headphone plugs in the front jack. However, cannot get 4 channels. I made it as another option.

Hi,

please post your moded AppleHDA.kext

I have a Wolfdale1333-D667 R2.0 mobo and the driver installs fine with kext helper and i removed the ones you said to remove but im only seeing hi definition in audio output and nothing in input any ideas?

Ok i have the devices listed now but no front audio any ideas now?

To OcciJano

How I did;

1. change 21471e01 (Line Out) to 21471e11 (Internal speaker)

2. change 21b71d4c to 21b71d40, and compare to 21471d40 (I have no idea how because I saw from karaakeha1's AppleHDA.kext for 889a. I also made this kext to get 5.1 anolog and headphone auto switch.)

3. edit pathmap, see my posted AppleHDA.kext

4. I use LineIn (freeware) for using my old CD player from Line In port pass through front speakers. http://www.rogueamoeba.com/freebies/

Working: Line Out/Internal Speaker(Green), Line In (Blue), Rear Mic(Pink), Front Headphone (Green), Optical Output; tested on ONKYO S5105

Not Working: Front Mic (Pink)

Edited on 11/30/2008

Well, I'm glad :) that you have autoswitch working, I tried the AppleHDA that is working for you, but it only turns off speakers then on intermittently, I tried several Madtux/The King codec verbs and layouts getting the same results as with yours, now I understand that there are diferences in the way that some mobos handles the ALC662, Taruga says that we need a more universal HDA driver http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=974889.

Well, I'm glad ;) that you have autoswitch working, I tried the AppleHDA that is working for you, but it only turns off speakers then on intermittently, I tried several Madtux/The King codec verbs and layouts getting the same results as with yours, now I understand that there are diferences in the way that some mobos handles the ALC662, Taruga says that we need a more universal HDA driver http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=974889.

Does your front audio panel support HDA? After I read your message, I tested on my front audio panel (of a cheap case) that does not support HDA, then my headphone got sound intermittently. Currently, I use Silverstone FP32 front panel, bought if 7 months ago, which is compatible in AC97 and High Definition audio (Azalia) standard.

• 2 weeks later...

A good news :)

I edited OcciJano's AppleHDA.kext in order to getting 5.1 analog output.

What are working? Based on GA 945GCM-S2L

1. Green back port as Internal Speaker

2. Blue back port as Line Out

3. Pink back port as Internal Microphone

4. Green front port as Headphone

5. Digital Output

*** Pink front port is still not working.

This is a file. 945GCM_S2L_5.1_AppleHDA.kext.zip

Date: 12/10/2008