Update: file chameleon in chameleon.zip should become your /boot if you use "easy install method" for Chameleon. If you don't know how to install Chameleon chances are you may screw this up. But reinstall of Chameleon should cure. Still I take no responsibility. Try at your own risk
Update: relaxed some sanity checks due to the problem on Superhai's mobo. Thanks him for testing
chameleon.zip 76.15K 12455 downloads
Update: I've just added two options to control DSDT override. First one is DSDT=<filename> which let you specify DSDT file to load. Second one is DropSSDT. If you write DropSSDT=y then all SSDT tables (additions to main DSDT) will be hidden from OSX. If you need to patch SSDT just reunite it with SSDT and override DSDT dropping SSDT. Debug version is also in the archive
Hello. Some people were experiencing problems because of the incompatible DSDT. So I've written a patch to Chameleon which looks for the file named /DSDT.aml and if it finds one it overrides the DSDT with contents of this file. Micro-howto.
sudo cat /proc/acpi/dsdt > dsdt.dat sudo aptitude install iasl iasl -d dsdt.datThen correct your dsdt.dsl. (Look at http://forum.insanel...showtopic=90505)
iasl -ta dsdt.dslthen put dsdt.aml to DSDT.aml in the root of your macos partition.
Install Chameleon (any Chameleon install method should do. I personally load it with GRUB)
On my system this had mixed results: I now can use vanilla AppleACPIPlatform and AppleAPIC (before I had to use old JaS kexts) but when I try to boot with cpus=2 I recieve a crash (but significantly later than before). Perhaps I have to fix my DSDT some more, perhaps my new problem isn't DSDT-related or perhaps my patch has some problems.
This patch is really fresh, I've just written it and I tested it only on my machine . So any bug is possible.
You try this patch on your own risk. I take no responsibility of any possible damage.
But if you try please leave a comment in this thread
Just for the people using search: DSDT replacement solves different problems. One of them is the problem "using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers" (like http://forum.insanel...showtopic=78235 except that you get both cores working)
EDIT: Removed old version. Put new which should support more configurations