Samsung NC 10

86 posts in this topic

Welcome Whitespace and thank you very much for your post!

Did you manage to get the headphone jack working?

Cheers,

Jabba

Wow! Not so fast ;) It just arrived and I'm rummaging around the house for a USB DVD-ROM drive.

i should have OS X running by 6PM PST.

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum, but I am expecting my NC 10 to arrive any moment now. I'm going to shoot for doing a dual boot, XP and OS X, as some folks have managed to do with the MSI Wind using Parted Magic. What I'm trying to decide is whether to use the ideneb or the msiwindosx86 installation for the OS X side of things. I'm curious because hcsaibot used the ideneb install, and claims he's gotten a lot of the stuff working - but then hasn't replied to specific questions about the audio, etc. (not that I'm too hopeful since no one has found an easy way to get the mic or headphones to work - and I mean an easy way since I am not a programmer at all....).

Any thoughts?

Is anyone else having a hell of a hard time getting the bottom cover off of this thing? The right side is off, but near the battery compartment and the left side (where the sound ports are) doesn't want to come off. I know the left side is because the sound ports are inside the case, so you have to have the right side off and then slide the cover towards the left to prevent flexing the board underneath, but the whole battery portion doesn't want to come off.

Obviously I removed the battery :P

Edit: I got it; there are four plastic tabs located along the battery side. Be careful to use something very thin to pop these open, like a butter knife.

The 3G sim reader isn't there nor is the 3G chip. I pretty positive one can be added (similar to what tnkgrl did here)

hey all, just doing some research of OSX on the NC10 and thought Id drop by and say Hi. A few people have been asking about it over on my Samsung NC10 blog so hopefully I can feed back a positive response and point them over here. I hope no one minds if I summarise some of the posts here.

Hope you are all enjoying your NC10s and if anyone is looking to buy then I will add another positive endorsement - I am really liking it in every way!

Cheers.

hi,

can anyone tell me whats working and whats not ?

so with leo4all and additional drivers:

working:

usb (100% ? <- so iphone sync will work ?)

sleep

sound

wifi (change card to dell xy)

not working:

lan

special keys

and ? ? ?

it's really important that usb is working 100%

could anyone confirm that