• Pip
  • 24 posts

kozlowski

kozlowski

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

66 views and no suggestions? It's probably something really simple, any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

Hey, i've seen this kind of problem before, in fact i have the same one myself with an output of 1440x900. But i always install SwitchResX and make a custom resolution for that.

palbence

palbence

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
i've got the same problem, as itsmeltc, i've already tried SwitchResX , but didn't work for me, the resolution is still 1024x768. my graphic card is an nvidia 8600gts.

pritthish

pritthish

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
intel gma 945??

welltry the GMA950 kexts or the GMA X3100 kexts...

mine is a intel gma 965 and im using the X3100 kexts :(

also, QE/CI wont work, neither will switch resX until you install the correct kexts for your video card :D coz atm, you are running on VESA graphics :)

also, do remember that if you install the wrong kexts, your display wont work after booting into osx... you will need to boot with -s and remove the offending kexts (alternatively, if you are dual booting with vista, just use macdrive to access your Leo partition and delete the offending kexts :D)

hope that helped :D

pritthish

pritthish

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
its not the right thing to do :D if you ask me, dont install any video drivers during the primary installation... install them after you got the installation working atleast ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy