• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Hi

I have an

ECS Geforce6100PM-M2 Mobo
with iDeneb 1.3

Have tried 0.3 forcedeth....

Once I have entered the last line into terminal and hit enter (sudo kextload -v forcedeth.kext), the "found new ethernet interface" pops up but I lose mouse and keyboard and it seems like a system freeze. The thing is, the graphic blue pulsating light-dim background of one of the buttons is still animating, and when I pulled a piece of hardware out, it removed from the task bar so I am pretty sure it is actually not a freeze or a kernel, just losing mouse and keyboard functionality.

Any ideas as what to try next?

Cheers

Dougie

eno

eno

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Hi

I have an

ECS Geforce6100PM-M2 Mobo
with iDeneb 1.3

Have tried 0.3 forcedeth....

Once I have entered the last line into terminal and hit enter (sudo kextload -v forcedeth.kext), the "found new ethernet interface" pops up but I lose mouse and keyboard and it seems like a system freeze. The thing is, the graphic blue pulsating light-dim background of one of the buttons is still animating, and when I pulled a piece of hardware out, it removed from the task bar so I am pretty sure it is actually not a freeze or a kernel, just losing mouse and keyboard functionality.

Any ideas as what to try next?

Cheers

Dougie

Try the non-sticky nForceLAN driver found on this forum.

douggy12345

douggy12345

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Try the non-sticky nForceLAN driver found on this forum.

Can you give me a link to the page where it is to save me scoring through 37 pages?!

Cheers

Dougie

eno

eno

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Can you give me a link to the page where it is to save me scoring through 37 pages?!

Cheers

Dougie

its currently at the top of the non-stickies: http://forum.insanel...p?showforum=152

Guys, I have a problem.

I've managed to get stable internet connection with the forcedeth 0.61.2 driver, only the torrents dont work!

OSX is completely stable, it can run for days, I use FF, Yahoo mesenger, Safari... etc, but when I start Vuze or Transmission, my computer freezes almoust instantly, within a minute or two :star_sunglasses:

I've tried reducing download speed from 700 kbps to 500, 400, even 200 kbps, nothing helped.

Does anybody have a suggestion, I dont know what else could I do? This is the only thing that doesnt work on my hackintosh, based on DFI nf4 AM2 board and AMD CPU...

TIA

That is really odd. Do torrents work ok for you in other oses?

BTW, nForceLAN discussion should be moved to that forum and there is a newer version (0.62.3n).

Zvejkus

Zvejkus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello all,

yesterday I installed my first Mac OSX, Leo4All 4.1 version. Configuration of my PC is this:

AMD 64X2 6000+
MSI K9N SLI Platinum with nForce 570
2x Gigabit LAN with Vitesse chipset(if i remember correctly its VCS-8601 or so)
ATI HD3870
SATA HDD

After some customizing(setting of sound and graphics drivers, let default 9.5 kernel and chose network to forcedeth-v, where is writen something like "recomended for nforce") the instalation finished succesfully, everything works except network.

Between PC and router I have Zyxel switch, which should prove, that no configuration is needed and IP configuration will go automaticaly thru DHCP(at least on WinXP it works like that). So I chose automatic configuration thru DHCP in the System preferences, DNS left empty, as well as other things. But It says, it cannot retrieve ip address and tell me to define that manually. So I set the configuration manually as: IP 192.168.1.33, DNS 192.168.1.2, mask 255.255.255.0 and router IP as 192.168.1.1. After clicking Continue button, it writes Configuring... and after a while shows error.

Please, does someone know, where can be the problem and how to handle that? Or is my network card unsupported on Mac OS-X?

eno

eno

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Hello all,

yesterday I installed my first Mac OSX, Leo4All 4.1 version. Configuration of my PC is this:

AMD 64X2 6000+
MSI K9N SLI Platinum with nForce 570
2x Gigabit LAN with Vitesse chipset(if i remember correctly its VCS-8601 or so)
ATI HD3870
SATA HDD

forcedeth.kext probably does not support your card. Try nForceLAN instead.

Zvejkus

Zvejkus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

forcedeth.kext probably does not support your card. Try nForceLAN instead.

Thanks for your answer eno, I will try that nForceLAN kext.

Yesterday I tryed both default kext in Leo4all, but with the same result... with manual set of IP address, mask and DNS it looks set well, but does not connect to internet and network properties are green except internet point and the one under that, they are both orange. When I try to ping or something, it says "no root to host" or something like that.

Rob_Quads

Rob_Quads

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
The latest driver seems to work well with the GigaByte GA-73PVM-S2 - Onboard Realtek 8211B.

Does this driver have a Wake On Lan capability?

When i run "pmset -g" it does not list womp as a capability

Norcalli

Norcalli

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I just wanted to add that I got this driver, or at least the version on the iPC OSx86 10.5.6 disc, to work on my 790i without any flags after some tweaking with the manual ethernet settings.

bickyb

bickyb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
I have an ECS GeForce 7050M-M motherboard running Kalway 10.5.2. The motherboard has a built in Broadcom AC131 ethernet driver. I wanted to see if anyone has had any luck getting this NIC to work on their hackintosh.

eno

eno

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

I have an ECS GeForce 7050M-M motherboard running Kalway 10.5.2. The motherboard has a built in Broadcom AC131 ethernet driver. I wanted to see if anyone has had any luck getting this NIC to work on their hackintosh.

it may work with the nForceLAN driver available here: http://forum.insanel...howtopic=125569

Check if the pci id is in the supported device list.

ObsidianX

ObsidianX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Hey folks, I was just wondering if anybody had an idea about the upload problem? I tried sending a file through Adium and it produced the same effect.

Uploading a random amount (usually a very small amount) causes the driver to go kaput. It doesn't mess up the state of the NIC as I can reload the driver and be back on, but uploading definitely causes problems. (which on a side thought might be related to the torrent issue as well)

bickyb

bickyb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Eno,
The drivers you pointed me to worked flawlessly. Thanks so much for your pointer!

cyber_tods

cyber_tods

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Hi,

I was just wondering if the nForce ethernet issue with dual boot (with Windows) is already fixed. I remember before that when I install OSX in my machine and it has windows as dual boot, I have to unplugged the power supply for 30 secs and replug to boot to a different OS in order for the ethernet to work (ofcourse nForce4 LAN). Do we still have that problem? I would really want to test but I don't want to reformat my computer just to see if it would work. Anyone?

Tnx

Johnnie Foxtrott

Johnnie Foxtrott

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi eno,

You know, I'm reaching my borders, I'm trying to get OSX running since December 23rd '08, and at the beginning I fought the fight, bought new HDD, installed over and over again so that I can use my OSX stable and hours long now, watching HD movies and so on.

But I still get a freeze screen if I use internet in any way, reset is the only option.

I use Kalyway 10.5.2. My system is in the signature.

What do I have to do exactly with the nForceLAN folder from the zip? I just copy n pasted it to /System/Library/Extensions, please just tell me if this is right :(

I also tried your forcedeth 0.3 with the method told by you.
Also tried turnind of sleep-functions, at all ... no success.

I'm a OSX/BSD noob, only know Windows.

eno

eno

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Hi eno,

You know, I'm reaching my borders, I'm trying to get OSX running since December 23rd '08, and at the beginning I fought the fight, bought new HDD, installed over and over again so that I can use my OSX stable and hours long now, watching HD movies and so on.

But I still get a freeze screen if I use internet in any way, reset is the only option.

I use Kalyway 10.5.2. My system is in the signature.

What do I have to do exactly with the nForceLAN folder from the zip? I just copy n pasted it to /System/Library/Extensions, please just tell me if this is right :ihw_wow:

I also tried your forcedeth 0.3 with the method told by you.
Also tried turnind of sleep-functions, at all ... no success.

I'm a OSX/BSD noob, only know Windows.

Discussion of nForceLAN should occur in the nForceLAN thread. This thread is for planetbeing's forcedeth.kext driver. That said. There are a number of reasons why you computer might be unstable. First, make sure all copies of forcedeth.kext and nForceEthernet.kext are removed from /System/Library/Extension/ . You can then install the nForceLAN.kext using any kext installer (I recommend UInstaller from http://######.com/in...=...9&Itemid=48 . Also, since you are running on an AMD I recommend upgrading to 10.5.6 (http://forum.insanel...howtopic=143434). Make sure to install the Voodoo XNU kernel

Johnnie Foxtrott

Johnnie Foxtrott

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks for the fast reply. I think I will try the kext+installer, and if this doesn't help I'll reinstall with 10.5.6. Thanks again! This Forum is awesome!

EDIT: eno you made my week! YAY I'm surfing with DSL 6000 for more than 35 minutes and still tiping now, NO freeze, thanks to your explanation!! THANK YOU!!! I'll look for an "How can I help insanelymac?"-thread. Yeeeha!

demigod

demigod

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
It works for me GA-K8N-51GMF-9 Mobo Nforce 430 MCP-C51

Thanks

vlad.ro

vlad.ro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I have some problems.... when i`m trying to configure my network and i click on apple all its freezing

lucassster

lucassster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Hi

msi-k9n69m2 (ms7309) mobo

nividia geforce mcp61p + nforce 430 chipset

1 sata 250 seagate

1 external 500 wd

1 ide 160 wd

1 Lite-on DVD multi

1 Lite-on Cd-rw

1 external LG Super Multi DVD-ram

Alright, I've spent many hours working on this. I'm tryin to get ethernet on my hackintosh to work, obviously.

I dl the last updated file, i ran all the commands successfully.. well to a point. When i run the loadkext command it goes through, it pops up sayin mac has found a new network interface.. and then the computer stops responding to mouse or keyboard input. The little button you click to go to network preferences still flashes blue, for a short time, and the time keeps up to date.. also for a short time. After a short time, the computer freezes and then I have to reboot.

I would post the output but I have no chance to save it because of its none responsiveness. The last bit of output it shows is finding of nforce4 lan, the mac address, and the phy thing.. then it just says data underrun about 5 times before freezing. any help would be greatly appreciated. My friend just put kalyway on his laptop, we just got his wifi working and it was exciting. Now i've damned determined to get my ethernet, and soon wifi working as well. Right now i'm just focused on ethernet..

With a working ethernet ,wifi and usb my install will be perfect. that is , none of those are working as of now.. anyways.. peace

EDIT:

Alright, I actually took the time to read about my post and saw that someone was haveing the same exact issue. I downloaded the new driver and am in the process of trying it out.. i will post my results in the thread about that particular driver

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy