• Please log in to reply
764 replies to this topic

msun2000

msun2000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Reporting not working, no link detected on switch and ifconfig en0 shows interface is inactive.

MCP55 chipset, vendor/device ID = 10DE/0373

Tried power off/unplug 30 seconds but did not help.

Azamic

Azamic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
I have a perfectly running built-in MAC lan on my Nforce 790i SLI Ultra with the attached Forcedeth kext. BTW I installed my 10.5.2 from Leo4Allv3. Although I have not installed the 10.5.3 combo update but I DID however updated all my kexts to 10.5.3 kexts.

Let me know if the attached kext helps someone :(

My current flags are -f cpus=1.

Attached Files

-iCE!HACKER-

-iCE!HACKER-

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
Hi i just bought the board [Asus Striker II Formula] 4 days ago and now am running 10.5.2 using iATKOS v2

It would be gr8 if i can get a solution from one of u gurus for my problem ; whis is the network cards dont show up i used the nForceEthernetController.kext which ended up showin me one lan and one wifi port i guess i used the wrong one..

and now i found this post , got forcedeath and my card is not comming up here is the o/p

[0]: forcedeth: Initializing.
[0]: forcedeth: Probing.
[0]: forcedeth: WARNING - your nVidia device 0x10DE:0x0373 is not known to work. Continuing anyway...
[0]: forcedeth: Starting.
[0]: forcedeth: PCI system 0x10DE:0x0373, subsystem 0x1043:0xCB84 opened.
[0]: forcedeth: Mapped from 0xEFFFA000 of length 4096.
[0]: forcedeth: Allocated 3072 bytes of contiguous memory for DMA: rx at 0x5aa60000, tx at 0x5aa60400, wired at 0x2fb6f000.
[0]: forcedeth: Found nForce4 LAN with MAC: 00:1F:C6:49:66:0B.
[0]: forcedeth: Found PHY 0x5040:0x0003 at address 1.
[0]: forcedeth: Initializing.
[0]: forcedeth: Probing.
[0]: forcedeth: WARNING - your nVidia device 0x10DE:0x0373 is not known to work. Continuing anyway...
[0]: forcedeth: Starting.
[0]: forcedeth: PCI system 0x10DE:0x0373, subsystem 0x1043:0xCB84 opened.
[0]: forcedeth: Mapped from 0xEFFF7000 of length 4096.
[0]: forcedeth: Allocated 3072 bytes of contiguous memory for DMA: rx at 0x5abd2000, tx at 0x5abd2400, wired at 0x2ed70000.
[0]: forcedeth: Found nForce4 LAN with MAC: 00:1F:C6:49:70:99.
[0]: forcedeth: Found PHY 0x5040:0x0003 at address 1.
[0]: com_triton_forcedeth: Ethernet address 00:1f:c6:49:66:0b
[0]: forcedeth: Enabling... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[0]: forcedeth: Starting transmit/receive engines
[0]: forcedeth: Network link down.
[0]: com_triton_forcedeth: Ethernet address 00:1f:c6:49:70:99
[0]: forcedeth: Enabling... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[0]: forcedeth: Starting transmit/receive engines
[0]: forcedeth: Network link down.

and also this is needed i guess

Warnings
{
"Kext has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style" = true
}

kextload: extension forcedeth.kext appears to be loadable
kextload: loading extension forcedeth.kext
kextload: forcedeth.kext loaded successfully
kextload: sending personalities to kernel:
kextload: from extension /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext:
kextload: IONetworkStack
kextload: Kernel Debugging Driver
kextload: from extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOPCIFamily.kext:
kextload: IOPCI2PCIBridge-Name
kextload: IOPCI2PCIBridge-i386
kextload: IOPCI2PCIBridge-PCI
kextload: from extension /Users/macosx/Desktop/forcedeth/build/Release/forcedeth.kext:
kextload: nForce 4 LAN
kextload: sending 6 personalities to the kernel
kextload: matching started for forcedeth.kext

pls tel me what i need to do

thedude26

thedude26

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Hi,

After many tests i made 3 little scripts to make my MCP61 Ethernet work.
I used forcedeth driver from Andrewneo (but my computer froze when I downloaded a file)
I used forcedeth 0.3c from planetbeing (but it froze my computer when i launched the driver (both forcedeth & forcedeth-nockd)

Now i melt the two driver and my connection work (without the cpus=1 flag)
Just unzip the attachement on desktop and it works fine, launch the Internet, internet 2 & internet 3 scripts.

I'm looking for an easier solution, so if you can help me...

Attached Files

SteelWings11

SteelWings11

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello Im new at this. I just got os x leopard running on my computer WOooHOoooo! But I had no networking. So I tried version 3 and 2 of the driver posted and when i tried version 3 I got to step 9 and when i entered the command a window apeared saying "A new network interface has been detected" :blink: then everything froze :( . Whats wrong? I tryed it like 5 different times and the same thing happens. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

daftpunk

daftpunk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
come on, please help. I get an error saying that i dont have permission/acces. But i have already done read&write on all folders.

Rhys28

Rhys28

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
I have an Asus M2NPV-VM board with onboard nForce4 NIC that I can not for the life of me get working... The device ID isn't in the plists in forcedeth, so I added it (0x026910DE), and it recognizes the card, picks up the MAC address and everything, but the link never comes up. It works fine in Windows, so I know it's not a physical problem. Any suggestions???

Thanks!

thedude26

thedude26

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Does my solution works for you ?

Dob

Dob

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello. Dude26 your solution is working for me. I have Asus M2N motherboard and Kalyway 10.5.2 amd installed. Both cores working, no freezing since yesterday. Planetbeing's 0.3 forcedeth-nock used to work with this MB with Zephyroth's 10.5.2 installed. Anyway thx for this.

wattleferdz

wattleferdz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
what did u guys do to avoid the freezing? thanx

MadHorab

MadHorab

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
My computer doesnt freeze, it just seem to mess up my USB drivers so neither my Keyboard or Mouse will work :S

JerseyF1

JerseyF1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all

Very new to this so please be gentle :thumbsdown_anim:

Basically I have a Nforce controller which I have seen in Everest on Vista (number of which however I can't find). However in OS X (Kalyway 10.5.2) I am not seeing this in System Preferences Network. I am trying to connect by PPPoE and nothing appears in the Ethernet drop box.

All is well in Vista and this as far as I know is the only problem which I seem to have within OS X. Everything else seems to have worked extremely well (sound works, resolution fine, speed to my knowledge similar to actual Macs albeit a little yet mainly unnoticeable)

My specs are below:
Acer Aspire E360 - N873
AMD Athlon 64 3500+
240 GB HDD (Vista on 200GB drive, OS X on 40GB drive)
2GB RAM
GeForce FX6600 256MB

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

JerseyF1

EDIT:

Reinstalled the OS and checked the forcedeth box as a installable addon. I can set up Ethernet now however it still isn't connecting to the router. The router is connected to another PC running Win XP, would any sharing need to be done or could I just connect to the router somehow? I have set up a manual IP, the WINS is setup, tried DCHP but still nothing. The router is Zyxel

I have also checked in Network Utility. Packets are being sent, a small amount is received and the link is shown as 100mbps so I would guess it has picked up something. Could it be the router and not the Mac OS itself.

Thanks in advance for help. Have been trying google all day and had no luck.

luiz86

luiz86

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I recommend loading it and unloading it manually with the command (in Terminal):

kextload -v <path to forcedeth.kext>

Before that, you should (in a separate Terminal window), type "tail -f /var/log/system.log", so that you can get the debugging output from the kernel. If necessary, unload it later by:

kextunload <path to forcedeth.kext>

Load it and tell me all the messages from forcedeth. It looks something like this for me (this is how it should work):

forcedeth: Initializing.
forcedeth: Probing.
Starting.
forcedeth: PCI subsystem 0x1043:0x8141 opened.
forcedeth: Mapped from 0xD2100000 of length 4096.
forcedeth: Allocated 3072 bytes of contiguous memory for DMA: rx at 0x34d22000, tx at 0x34d22400, wired at 0x2902e000.
forcedeth: Found nForce4 LAN with MAC: 00:15:F2:50:EF:C6.
forcedeth: Found PHY 0x3080:0x000c at address 9.
com_triton_forcedeth: Ethernet address 00:15:f2:50:ef:c6
forcedeth: Enabling
forcedeth: Network link down.
forcedeth: Link speed now 100Mbps, code 0x10064.

This should all appear in quick succession, though a second or two is needed before the last link is displayed and the network is established.

What I'm specifically curious about is whether forcedeth ever gets to the "enabling" part.

EDIT: I've changed the driver a little so it's slightly more verbose, also I removed an tx/rx control flag that wasn't supposed to be there.

Jun 24 21:07:39 luiz-santls-mac-pro kernel[0]: forcedeth: Initializing.

Jun 24 21:07:39 luiz-santls-mac-pro kernel[0]: forcedeth: Probing.

Jun 24 21:07:39 luiz-santls-mac-pro kernel[0]: forcedeth: WARNING - your nVidia device 0x10DE:0x0269 is not known to work, but it could be supported in the future. Please contact the coder. Continuing anyway...

Jun 24 21:07:39 luiz-santls-mac-pro kernel[0]: forcedeth: Starting.

Jun 24 21:07:39 luiz-santls-mac-pro kernel[0]: forcedeth: PCI system 0x10DE:0x0269, subsystem 0x103C:0x30B7 opened.

Jun 24 21:07:39 luiz-santls-mac-pro kernel[0]: forcedeth: Mapped from 0xC0008000 of length 4096.

Jun 24 21:07:39 luiz-santls-mac-pro kernel[0]: forcedeth: Allocated 3072 bytes of contiguous memory for DMA: rx at 0x2df79000, tx at 0x2df79400, wired at 0x169fb000.

Jun 24 21:07:39 luiz-santls-mac-pro kernel[0]: forcedeth: Found nForce4 LAN with MAC: 00:1B:24:4F:B7:C5.

Jun 24 21:07:39 luiz-santls-mac-pro kernel[0]: forcedeth: Found PHY 0x0700:0x0032 at address 1.

Jun 24 21:07:39 luiz-santls-mac-pro kernel[0]: com_triton_forcedeth: Ethernet address 00:1b:24:4f:b7:c5

Jun 24 21:07:39 luiz-santls-mac-pro kernel[0]: forcedeth: Enabling... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Jun 24 21:07:39 luiz-santls-mac-pro kernel[0]: forcedeth: Starting transmit/receive engines

Jun 24 21:07:39 luiz-santls-mac-pro kernel[0]: forcedeth: Network link down.

Jun 24 21:07:40 luiz-santls-mac-pro kernel[0]: forcedeth: Link speed now 100Mbps, code 0x10064.

it seems to activate; however its still an address of 169.254.**.** and subnet of 255.255.0.0...

PLEASE help :)

Genius blog

Genius blog

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Hello Im new at this. I just got os x leopard running on my computer WOooHOoooo! But I had no networking. So I tried version 3 and 2 of the driver posted and when i tried version 3 I got to step 9 and when i entered the command a window apeared saying "A new network interface has been detected" :) then everything froze :( . Whats wrong? I tryed it like 5 different times and the same thing happens. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EXACT SAME PROBLEM HERE! I mean i don't think it froze but I get the "a new network device has been detected" and then my mouse freezes. The Network Preferences button blinks though.

My computer doesnt freeze, it just seem to mess up my USB drivers so neither my Keyboard or Mouse will work :S

Yea same here. I tried to unplug and plug it in, but no dice, tell me if either of you got a fix.

djabdel88

djabdel88

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
I have a M2N too, i don't find a driver that could be working.... It freezes after Terminal....

Thank you, i have a problem too with my usb port...

I'm using Kalyway 10.5.2 ! What version will be better for my motherboard ? Zephyroth ?

quitte

quitte

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi.
MCP-67 is partially working.
pciid: 0x054c10de

I have a dsl router and a modem. The driver always detects plugging/unplugging of the cable. I always get a self assigned ip. When I'm connecting to the modem I can make a pppoe connection to the internet!

My guess is that the driver doesn't detect wether the cable is straight or crossover. I guess I'll make a crossover cable to try and confirm this thought.

I hope this information helps fixing the driver for mcp-67 users. if you need any more information pm me.

baicunko

baicunko

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
got a M2N and i could bypass the freezing with a newer version but it doesnt detect if the cable is connected!

skarmiglione

skarmiglione

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
loadkext /tmp/nForceEthernetController.kext

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\cocoartf949\cocoasubrtf270
{\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;}
{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;}
\paperw11900\paperh16840\margl1440\margr1440\vieww9000\viewh8400\viewkind0
\pard\tx566\tx1133\tx1700\tx2267\tx2834\tx3401\tx3968\tx4535\tx5102\tx5669\tx6236\tx6803\ql\qnatural\pardirnatural

\f0\fs24 \cf0 extension /tmp/nForceEthernetController.kext has potential problems:\
Warnings\
\{\
"Kext has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style" = true\
\}\
\
kextload: extension /tmp/nForceEthernetController.kext appears to be loadable\
kextload: loading extension /tmp/nForceEthernetController.kext\
kextload: /tmp/nForceEthernetController.kext loaded successfully\
kextload: sending personalities to kernel:\
kextload: from extension /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext:\
kextload: IONetworkStack\
kextload: Kernel Debugging Driver\
kextload: from extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOPCIFamily.kext:\
kextload: IOPCI2PCIBridge-Name\
kextload: IOPCI2PCIBridge-i386\
kextload: IOPCI2PCIBridge-PCI\
kextload: from extension /tmp/nForceEthernetController.kext:\
kextload: nVidia nForce LAN\
kextload: sending 6 personalities to the kernel\
kextload: matching started for /tmp/nForceEthernetController.kext\
}

00:06.0 IDE interface [0101]: nVidia Corporation MCP61 IDE [10de:03ec] (rev a2)
00:07.0 Bridge [0680]: nVidia Corporation MCP61 Ethernet [10de:03ef] (rev a2) seems like my ethernet card, but it does not start.
00:08.0 IDE interface [0101]: nVidia Corporation MCP61 SATA Controller [10de:03f6] (rev a2)

but dont work.
how can i do?
board: k9n6gm
lan:realtek8201cl @ nforce alc8xx

Kris Ferein

Kris Ferein

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

I have a perfectly running built-in MAC lan on my Nforce 790i SLI Ultra with the attached Forcedeth kext. BTW I installed my 10.5.2 from Leo4Allv3. Although I have not installed the 10.5.3 combo update but I DID however updated all my kexts to 10.5.3 kexts.

Let me know if the attached kext helps someone :D

My current flags are -f cpus=1.

Hi,
I have the same mobo(EVGA 790i Ultra SLI) and installed Leo4All v3, checked forcedeth-v upon install and NforceTest.
Network worked for me when I first plugged in the cable into my first nvidia eth controller(I was using the other one at the time from windows). However, after rebooting into Windows and enabling the same controller in Windows, I have been unable to get anything but "Self-assigned IP address" for my netcard in Leopard 10.5.2. I have read it might be a DHCP server issue. I've reset my router quite a few times, disabled manual IP/MAC address mathcing and such but no luck. I annoys me that it once worked and then stopped working.
What drivers did you install when you installed Leo4All v3? What ACPIPlatform vers and such? I will try to reinstall.
Help :hysterical:.
Thanks.
-----
Yeah, well, looks like I'll answer myself. Got it to work but with some sacrifices.
One: cpus=1. Damn it.
Two: I mustn't use the controller I use in Leopard in Windows or the DHCP in Leopard will get screwed up.

That's all I've got so far. Kudos to planetbeing. Wish there was like a team or smth doing some dev on this driver. I guess I might start hacking myself now that I was able to download Xcode without kernel panics and install it. I wrote some drivers for Linux and a rather broken firewall driver for Windows. If only I had more free time and NO job :hysterical:(!

I guess I could always plugin my ol' cheapo Realtek.
------

@planetbeing:
Hi, great work. If we would trace all the drivers method and have people with 2 cores send us their system log after a crash couldn't we track the problem?
Also, we all assumed it's a synchronization problem but maybe it's something else having to do with the kernel's scheduler or architecture?

In the Linux kernel for example, that became preemptive starting with 2.4 you have to protect data access with spin locks or things like that in irq handlers or syscalls handlers and things like that. That is functions that you know will be called at an unpredictable time. Of course you have to protect the same data if you access it from somewhere else as well. So, what do you say, can we track down and fix this 2 cores-kernel-panic problem?
And...Is there a book like "Linux Device Drivers" but for the Darwin kernel?

P.S.
At some point somebody posted a version that he said was very safe. I tried that as well and my Leopard froze just as well.If he was right and he did protect the data against all possible sync issues than maybe it is something else.

jpeazy

jpeazy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hi,
I have the same mobo(EVGA 790i Ultra SLI) and installed Leo4All v3, checked forcedeth-v upon install and NforceTest.
Network worked for me when I first plugged in the cable into my first nvidia eth controller(I was using the other one at the time from windows). However, after rebooting into Windows and enabling the same controller in Windows, I have been unable to get anything but "Self-assigned IP address" for my netcard in Leopard 10.5.2. I have read it might be a DHCP server issue. I've reset my router quite a few times, disabled manual IP/MAC address mathcing and such but no luck. I annoys me that it once worked and then stopped working.
What drivers did you install when you installed Leo4All v3? What ACPIPlatform vers and such? I will try to reinstall.
Help :) .
Thanks.
-----
Yeah, well, looks like I'll answer myself. Got it to work but with some sacrifices.
One: cpus=1. Damn it.
Two: I mustn't use the controller I use in Leopard in Windows or the DHCP in Leopard will get screwed up.

That's all I've got so far. Kudos to planetbeing. Wish there was like a team or smth doing some dev on this driver. I guess I might start hacking myself now that I was able to download Xcode without kernel panics and install it. I wrote some drivers for Linux and a rather broken firewall driver for Windows. If only I had more free time and NO job :) (!

I guess I could always plugin my ol' cheapo Realtek.
------

@planetbeing:
Hi, great work. If we would trace all the drivers method and have people with 2 cores send us their system log after a crash couldn't we track the problem?
Also, we all assumed it's a synchronization problem but maybe it's something else having to do with the kernel's scheduler or architecture?

In the Linux kernel for example, that became preemptive starting with 2.4 you have to protect data access with spin locks or things like that in irq handlers or syscalls handlers and things like that. That is functions that you know will be called at an unpredictable time. Of course you have to protect the same data if you access it from somewhere else as well. So, what do you say, can we track down and fix this 2 cores-kernel-panic problem?
And...Is there a book like "Linux Device Drivers" but for the Darwin kernel?

P.S.
At some point somebody posted a version that he said was very safe. I tried that as well and my Leopard froze just as well.If he was right and he did protect the data against all possible sync issues than maybe it is something else.

I am running into the same exact problem. I have my valid MAC address however my IP is bogus (a 169). I have tried using both eth ports, disabling one at a time, and putting a manual address in and nothing has worked for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy