• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

Cheops

Cheops

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Ok I cannot get my 10.5.5 kext to load to try the Default Pin Config Overrides you guys suggested.

If someone could have a look at this kext to see what i'm doing wrong that would be great. Ive posted a linux dump of my codec and the modified AppleHDA kext i'm trying to load.

Thanks

Ade.

Attached Files

Cheops

Cheops

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Anyone help. Please don't let this thread die we are starting to get somewhere

Best

Ade.

cparm

cparm

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired
  • 997 posts
thank you madtux, now i understand how to remap applehda by myself,

but with my p35-ds3l ( alc888 - ich9 ), i was unable to activate analog 5.1 output wathever the pin configuration i choose, even if the system profiler and the sound prefpane show me 3 output, only the green jack work :wacko: (coax and optical seems to work but not tested)

here is my HDAaudio dump

any help will be appreciated .

jaadkd

jaadkd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Has anyone had any luck getting the ALC888 on ICH7 to work via this method? Taruga's patcher doesn't support this soundcard on this chipset.

MadTux

MadTux

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Anyone help. Please don't let this thread die we are starting to get somewhere

Best

Ade.

I saw your kext:
1. U didn't patch AppleHDA bin
2. Where is your codec id inside PlatformDriver on Layout 12? U didn't done that ether.
3. And where are your Nodes inside Pathmap that os associated to Layout 12?
Read the first post, do as much U can, then test PinConfig

justvisiting

justvisiting

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
Very good instructions. I do have one problem. My kexts keep opening as _*folders*_ in hexedit or 0xed or any other editor i've tried instead of a binary file. I am not sure what i changed to make this happen (some setting in finder??) or how to change it back. any one have suggestions?

Thanks.

justvisiting

justvisiting

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
OK, my mistake. MadTux is not saying edit AppleHDA.kext in the hex editor, but edit the following file:

AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

nobb1x

nobb1x

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
hi MadTux, thanks for this guide, i'm trying to do one for mine ALC268, because taruga's one (any version) crash the hack on shutdown, i have the modified kext loaded but no input/output peripherals, looking in the system profiler i can see instead it see many IO, even those i've deleted!! spdif,line in/out etc.

you say
"Now we have to delete all things in side Layout map that we don't need so if U don't have a InternalSpeakers remove that line or SPDIF and so one, but leave things U need :-)"

ok, i have only internal speakers, mic and headphones

"The easy way of knowing what U have and your node numbers is if U use a applehda patcher and copy a result of a found devices with node numbers. The hard way (and a better coz more input/output U can put in Platformdriver, and some codec dumps are not so full with descriptions) is to read a codec dump what is not so hard."

i'm looking on taruga's one,i still need to understand it 100%

//"PathMap
there U put a node numbers they are in this order:
0 > Mic > 3 node numbers
1 > Line in > 3 node numbers
2 > SPDIF in > 2 numbers
3 > Speakers > 3 node numbers
4 > Headphones > 3 node numbers
5 > LineOut > 3 node numbers
6 > SPDIF out > 2 node numbers"

Do i need to delete unnecessary items from here too? so if i have mic,speakers and headphones i need to erase 1,2,5,6 ??

ATM, the kext load and shutting down the mac it don't crash,i can succeed in kextunloading too,while this is forbidden using taruga's. just i need it emitting some sounds :rolleyes:

edit--
i get this error twice in dmesg loading the modified kext, what i'm doing wrong?

Sound assertion "0 == pathMap_aDriverInstance" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-157.1.24/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 1653 goto Exit
Sound assertion "0 != createAudioEngines ( fPathMap_aDriverInstance )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-157.1.24/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 108 goto Exit

barnum

barnum

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
Hi all,

I've an ALC1200 (p5q pro motherboard)

Can you give me the translation in decimal, hex and hexedit ?
I think is
in hex : 0x10ec0888
so hexedit : 8808EC10

but in decimal ?

thanks vincent

nobb1x

nobb1x

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Hi all,

I think is

but in decimal ?

thanks vincent

is 283904136

MadTux

MadTux

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Hi all,

I think is

but in decimal ?

thanks vincent

Why don't U use calculator?

Nobix can U post "non shutdown" alc268 kext?

hi MadTux, thanks for this guide, i'm trying to do one for mine ALC268, because taruga's one (any version) crash the hack on shutdown, i have the modified kext loaded but no input/output peripherals, looking in the system profiler i can see instead it see many IO, even those i've deleted!! spdif,line in/out etc.

you say
"Now we have to delete all things in side Layout map that we don't need so if U don't have a InternalSpeakers remove that line or SPDIF and so one, but leave things U need :-)"

ok, i have only internal speakers, mic and headphones

"The easy way of knowing what U have and your node numbers is if U use a applehda patcher and copy a result of a found devices with node numbers. The hard way (and a better coz more input/output U can put in Platformdriver, and some codec dumps are not so full with descriptions) is to read a codec dump what is not so hard."

i'm looking on taruga's one,i still need to understand it 100%

//"PathMap
there U put a node numbers they are in this order:
0 > Mic > 3 node numbers
1 > Line in > 3 node numbers
2 > SPDIF in > 2 numbers
3 > Speakers > 3 node numbers
4 > Headphones > 3 node numbers
5 > LineOut > 3 node numbers
6 > SPDIF out > 2 node numbers"

Do i need to delete unnecessary items from here too? so if i have mic,speakers and headphones i need to erase 1,2,5,6 ??

ATM, the kext load and shutting down the mac it don't crash,i can succeed in kextunloading too,while this is forbidden using taruga's. just i need it emitting some sounds ;)

edit--
i get this error twice in dmesg loading the modified kext, what i'm doing wrong?

Sound assertion "0 == pathMap_aDriverInstance" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-157.1.24/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 1653 goto Exit
Sound assertion "0 != createAudioEngines ( fPathMap_aDriverInstance )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-157.1.24/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 108 goto Exit

Pinconfig is bigest thing in 268 try to use one in your broken kext

nobb1x

nobb1x

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Why don't U use calculator?

Nobix can U post "non shutdown" alc268 kext?

Pinconfig is bigest thing in 268 try to use one in your broken kext

I'm trying pinconfig just right now, i have extracted the infos from the Vista driver
Here is the "non shutdown" alc268 kext, its a common problem, not just on my hack,
Some time ago someone made a fix for it, there is a thread on this forum, but it works
5 out 10 times, i'm sure the crash on shutdown is due the Taruga kext because starting the
system with -v i can see a panic saying "an application releasing the hda audio has caused a corruption in
the register" (about, i'm not sure it say this exactly)

Attached Files

clockworx

clockworx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
Can anyone tell me if a full reboot is necessary to test a layout, or can I just unload and reload the kexts? (I'm assuming I'd have to unload HDAEnable and AppleHDA kext.

Can anyone clarify this?

EDIT: A few more questions:

-Does anyone know what causes the volume slider to be disabled in some cases? Is that a matter of switching codec? Layout?

-My codec layout doesn't have the * for the mixer selectors, and the output seems to be connected to multiple mixers. How do I know which to use? My codec is attached. Actually, it does have *, but only for the front connectors, which are off of a motherboard header that I'm not using.

Attached Files

MadTux

MadTux

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

I'm trying pinconfig just right now, i have extracted the infos from the Vista driver
Here is the "non shutdown" alc268 kext, its a common problem, not just on my hack,
Some time ago someone made a fix for it, there is a thread on this forum, but it works
5 out 10 times, i'm sure the crash on shutdown is due the Taruga kext because starting the
system with -v i can see a panic saying "an application releasing the hda audio has caused a corruption in
the register" (about, i'm not sure it say this exactly)

try this one, it will not kernel panic. And if U have spare time we can test it to show devices in sysprofiler
Attached File  Madtux_ALC268.zip   340.06KB   254 downloads

And If U maybe have a HDA kext from 10.5.0 or anybody has, please post it, I need for some testing.

MadTux

MadTux

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Can anyone tell me if a full reboot is necessary to test a layout, or can I just unload and reload the kexts? (I'm assuming I'd have to unload HDAEnable and AppleHDA kext.

I always reboot

-Does anyone know what causes the volume slider to be disabled in some cases? Is that a matter of switching codec? Layout?

U can fix volume slider thru Pathmap, but U will lost mute

-My codec layout doesn't have the * for the mixer selectors, and the output seems to be connected to multiple mixers. How do I know which to use? My codec is attached. Actually, it does have *, but only for the front connectors, which are off of a motherboard header that I'm not using.

use the first one, do with some trial end error, or find a better codec dump.
Build latest alsa from source and get the latest one, or learn how to read datasheet from realtek.

nobb1x

nobb1x

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

try this one, it will not kernel panic. And if U have spare time we can test it to show devices in sysprofiler
Attached File  Madtux_ALC268.zip   340.06KB   254 downloads

And If U maybe have a HDA kext from 10.5.0 or anybody has, please post it, I need for some testing.

Yes, it works, tried 4 shutdowns with no crashes, i've lost the headphones output, well, it show in system preferences, enabling it mute the internal speakers, but no audio on the headphones jack.
I'm trying it with the HDAEnabler kext, but i think this has no impact on the problem.
Using the standard Taruga, the one that crash, i have headphones out.
i've worked all the afternoon following your guide and patching the 10.5.5 kext and got some results too,
i got it working (somehow) only using the PathMap and the ConfigData taken from the Taruga kext, i've tried with a my
own codec dump but it seem too much hard for me.

sorry, i don't have the 10.5.0 HDA kext, my older macos is 10.5.2, and yes, i have some spare time, i'm glad to test if you want.

my laptop has internal speakers, internal mic (stereo), one jack for external mic,and one jack for external headphones.

here is the codec dump.its a Compal FT00, Compal is an oem manifacturer, so many other laptops can share the same hw

i've included mine based on 10.5.5 too, it suffer of the same problem, no headphones out and don't show nothing in the system profiler panel

Attached Files

MadTux

MadTux

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Yes, it works, tried 4 shutdowns with no crashes, i've lost the headphones output, well, it show in system p

Great, so no chrash anymore, we can move on pinconfig and all that jazz. I think I need to make a compilation of all my kext I began to making, ha ha :-)

IronFly

IronFly

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
Tried to follow the guide but i can't have sound output.

i see the volume but is locked at full, and some configuration on More infos (with taruga, no sound and no infos).
Attached File  Immagine_1.png   238.67KB   133 downloads

it's a realtek 662 rev1 on my system2, is 5.1 new version.

this is the dump from Ubuntu.
Attached File  ALC662V1_dump.txt   8.15KB   43 downloads

MadTux

MadTux

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
nobb1x so U have sound from speakers with 10.5.5?

nobb1x

nobb1x

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

nobb1x so U have sound from speakers with 10.5.5?

Yes, sound from internal speakers, working internal mic and volume regulation, yours give me another item in the mic panel, the noise reduction option. of course using it too the system is able to turn off without problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy