How to patch AppleHDA.kext from 10.5.2 and above

MadTux

228 posts in this topic

try this one, it will not kernel panic. And if U have spare time we can test it to show devices in sysprofiler

Madtux_ALC268.zip

And If U maybe have a HDA kext from 10.5.0 or anybody has, please post it, I need for some testing.

Yes, it works, tried 4 shutdowns with no crashes, i've lost the headphones output, well, it show in system preferences, enabling it mute the internal speakers, but no audio on the headphones jack.

I'm trying it with the HDAEnabler kext, but i think this has no impact on the problem.

Using the standard Taruga, the one that crash, i have headphones out.

i've worked all the afternoon following your guide and patching the 10.5.5 kext and got some results too,

i got it working (somehow) only using the PathMap and the ConfigData taken from the Taruga kext, i've tried with a my

own codec dump but it seem too much hard for me.

sorry, i don't have the 10.5.0 HDA kext, my older macos is 10.5.2, and yes, i have some spare time, i'm glad to test if you want.

my laptop has internal speakers, internal mic (stereo), one jack for external mic,and one jack for external headphones.

here is the codec dump.its a Compal FT00, Compal is an oem manifacturer, so many other laptops can share the same hw

i've included mine based on 10.5.5 too, it suffer of the same problem, no headphones out and don't show nothing in the system profiler panel

codec_alc268.zip

AppleHDA.kext.zip

Yes, it works, tried 4 shutdowns with no crashes, i've lost the headphones output, well, it show in system p

Great, so no chrash anymore, we can move on pinconfig and all that jazz. I think I need to make a compilation of all my kext I began to making, ha ha :-)

nobb1x so U have sound from speakers with 10.5.5?

Yes, sound from internal speakers, working internal mic and volume regulation, yours give me another item in the mic panel, the noise reduction option. of course using it too the system is able to turn off without problems.

Anyone tried to prepatch AppleHDA for ALC600-VD? I was trying but didn't manage. I have got some one old working, but without working shutdown. I can send it and ALSA dump, too.

post the kext and the dump

Yes, it works, tried 4 shutdowns with no crashes, i've lost the headphones output, well, it show in system preferences, enabling it mute the internal speakers, but no audio on the headphones jack.

I'm trying it with the HDAEnabler kext, but i think this has no impact on the problem.

Using the standard Taruga, the one that crash, i have headphones out.

i've worked all the afternoon following your guide and patching the 10.5.5 kext and got some results too,

i got it working (somehow) only using the PathMap and the ConfigData taken from the Taruga kext, i've tried with a my

own codec dump but it seem too much hard for me.

sorry, i don't have the 10.5.0 HDA kext, my older macos is 10.5.2, and yes, i have some spare time, i'm glad to test if you want.

my laptop has internal speakers, internal mic (stereo), one jack for external mic,and one jack for external headphones.

here is the codec dump.its a Compal FT00, Compal is an oem manifacturer, so many other laptops can share the same hw

i've included mine based on 10.5.5 too, it suffer of the same problem, no headphones out and don't show nothing in the system profiler panel

Ok All,

I have tried my Vista Pin Config Verbs using this kext here and this is what I get in my systemprofiler

Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID: 0x1025011E

Audio ID: 12

Available Devices:

Headphone:

Connection: 1/8 inch Jack

Line Out:

Connection: Unknown

Line Out:

Connection: Unknown

Also using this kext I get a strange clicking every 10 secs through the speaker.

making some nice progress in this forum though.

Thanks All

Best

Ade.

Ok, first, many thanks for your job.

I've tried to modify your ACL268 shutdown kext to a 660 one, because for the moment i haven't much time. So i modified layouts, binary file, codec ID.

Kext works with olds layouts, but no surprise, still no complete shutdown, sound card is always ON...

Can you please tell me how did you succeed in making an shutdown working kext for ACL268 ?

Name: ALC660

Decimal : 283903584

Hex: 0x10ec0660

Hexedit: 6006EC10

Ho ! I use HDAenabler now, instead of strings...

EDIT:Headphones doesn't works here too, even with old working layouts.

Here is your modded 268 to 660 kext and the original kext witch is based my layouts...

ALC268_660.zip

AppleHDA124w.kext.zip

Ok, first, many thanks for your job.

I've tried to modify your ACL268 shutdown kext to a 660 one, because for the moment i haven't much time. So i modified layouts, binary file, codec ID.

Kext works with olds layouts, but no surprise, still no complete shutdown, sound card is always ON...

Can you please tell me how did you succeed in making an shutdown working kext for ACL268 ?

Name: ALC660

Decimal : 283903584

Hex: 0x10ec0660

Hexedit: 6006EC10

Ho ! I use HDAenabler now, instead of strings...

EDIT:Headphones doesn't works here too, even with old working layouts.

Here is your modded 268 to 660 kext and the original kext witch is based my layouts...

first U must know is your card related to 268 or 862 or 880 262 coz this cards are similar with sigmatel codec, and the reason why they are working is because I changed sigmatel codec to realtek in AppleHDA bin file and puted correct PinConfig for this cards.

Second PinConfig U are using is a pinconfig for ALC268 and that one is differen and it coses panic. Fix your PinConfig.

just a more question, looking at Taruga's hda and the new one from 10.5.5 some items in the PathMap has the AMP child in different places, do we need to care of this?

maybe the lack of earphones out in the 268 kext is related to this?

The earphones out is enabled but is like the sound follow a different route and don't arrive to the jack

I wonder why Cheops has something in the sysprofiler,maybe wrong, on mine using the same kext i get nothing.

EDIT--- it works with efi strings only too, no need of hdaenabler

I did add my Vista Config Verbs with the bytes switched round to the ConfigData of the Controller.

Ade.

i did it too using the 10.5.5 one with no changes, but i want to retry on the MadTux's edited kext

just a more question, looking at Taruga's hda and the new one from 10.5.5 some items in the PathMap has the AMP child in different places, do we need to care of this?

maybe the lack of earphones out in the 268 kext is related to this?

The earphones out is enabled but is like the sound follow a different route and don't arrive to the jack

I wonder why Cheops has something in the sysprofiler,maybe wrong, on mine using the same kext i get nothing.

EDIT--- it works with efi strings only too, no need of hdaenabler

Amp on different places fix volume control. If U tweak a bit, u will get balance and volume control, but U will lost mute. It is up to you.

And SysProfiler will show devices if U have properly pinconfig, same thing can destroy your outputs if pinconfig is wrong.

first U must know is your card related to 268 or 862 or 880 262 coz this cards are similar with sigmatel codec, and the reason why they are working is because I changed sigmatel codec to realtek in AppleHDA bin file and puted correct PinConfig for this cards.

Second PinConfig U are using is a pinconfig for ALC268 and that one is differen and it coses panic. Fix your PinConfig.

I don't understand what is PInConfig concretly, is the "identity" of my card ?

How can i know if my card is related to "268 or 862 or 880 262" ? Don't understand... 660 have to be derived / similar from one of these card to work ? And i have to mod AppleHDA bin from sigmatel to realtek to make it shutdown ?

Can i do that with an already working kext (but without shutdown) or will i have to rebuild one ?

I tried everything for a year to make this {censored} shutdown.... :blink:

Sorry for misunderstood man, many thanks.

I don't understand what is PInConfig concretly, is the "identity" of my card ?

U have that couple of posts before.

How can i know if my card is related to "268 or 862 or 880 262" ? Don't understand... 660 have to be derived / similar from one of these card to work ? And i have to mod AppleHDA bin from sigmatel to realtek to make it shutdown ?

Can i do that with an already working kext (but without shutdown) or will i have to rebuild one ?

I tried everything for a year to make this {censored} shutdown.... ;)

Sorry for misunderstood man, many thanks.

best resource for knowing your card is this:

patch_realtek.c.txt

Your tutorial is a bit hard to read indeed. Although I managed to get everything working (I'm not able to check SPDIF), I don't really understand the part about the PinConfig (PinConfigDefault)... Ok, I got 0x08 0x0c* 0x18 for my mic e.g. which is 08 12 24 decimal. What's next? :) For you it looks pretty obvious I suppose.

Thx for your effort, MadTux

alc883_804.txt

(ubuntu 8.04 dump)

Your tutorial is a bit hard to read indeed. Although I managed to get everything working (I'm not able to check SPDIF), I don't really understand the part about the PinConfig (PinConfigDefault)... Ok, I got 0x08 0x0c* 0x18 for my mic e.g. which is 08 12 24 decimal. What's next? :) For you it looks pretty obvious I suppose.

Thx for your effort, MadTux

alc883_804.txt

(ubuntu 8.04 dump)

Well, english is not my mother language that is obvious. I will format a little bit that tutorial, If U read last 15 posts U will understand what is pinconfig, in short that are your Pins in HexData format, can be obtain thru Vista Registry Explorer.

Hi MadTux, nice guide :P

I didnt know that u write it, so I write one also LOL

Take a look here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=127819 also on Stickpin one for plist only kexts: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...129058&st=0

I will add your part of the guide, plist explanation, on mine since is very good writed, I hope u don't mind, I'm trying to put all info in one place....

Waiting for you on the same channel we met before, to have more chat abut this...

See you later,

XyZ

Hi MadTux, nice guide :wacko:

I didnt know that u write it, so I write one also LOL

Take a look here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=127819 also on Stickpin one for plist only kexts: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...129058&st=0

I will add your part of the guide, plist explanation, on mine since is very good writed, I hope u don't mind, I'm trying to put all info in one place....

Waiting for you on the same channel we met before, to have more chat abut this...

See you later,

XyZ

No problems, I was looking for U on a channel couple of days, I will look on your too. It is nice that here is some progress. See ya!