• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

Phikzel

Phikzel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

So far, great guide. I'm following it pretty well, but I can't get past the initial setup. I'm at the screen after the welcome video asking if I want to transfer any info from another mac I might have. I select not to, and when I hit continue, it just freezes up on me. Been letting it sit like this for almost a half hour now, and it's still just doing nothing. Mouse won't move, keyboard does nothing, don't know what to do. Anyone? I've repeated this process several times now.. still no luck.

I had thesame problem .. but when I turn the WIRELESS adapter off (in the BIOS), it worked for me .. He didn't freeze anymore.. don't turn the wireless back on until you have the kext installed .. If you do, you get a kernel panic :)

krytikal

krytikal

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
has anyone tried it to a retail installation in 10.5.6 or snow leopard?

krytikal

Roby65

Roby65

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

has anyone tried it to a retail installation in 10.5.6 or snow leopard?

krytikal

Hi,

I have tried both 10.6.1 and 10.5.7 with Chameleon and Netbookboot loader without success.

jkalbfeld

jkalbfeld

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi All,

I have managed to install JaS 10.5.4 perfectly on my NC6000. It's got 1.5GB of RAM, a 1400x1050x32 display and a 40GB disk.

I've installed it on an external, self-powered 500GB USB disk. Now that I am satisfied with the external USB, I'd like to move that configuration onto the internal disk and then begin work on Snow Kitty.

However, after doing the complete disk clone to my internal 40GB, the boot gets as far as telling me it is loading iTunes and then it pauses and reboots. This is an exact replica of the external USB.

From my experience with Solaris, I believe this has something to do with the image still thinking it is on a disk with a certain device ID or GUID or something like that. Is there an easy way to modify the installation on my 40GB disk to make it work properly? I believe that may be the case.

Short of that, I'll just have to reinstall on the internal and rsync --delete my Extensions directory over, but I was hoping to avoid that.

Also, is it worth it to run the old backup.sh/restore.sh scripts for doing the Tiger 10.4.11 upgrade with JaS 10.4.8? Will those work and allow me to do an Apple update to 10.5.8?

Finally, has anyone put Snow Kitteh on this thing or am I meowing up the wrong scratching post? Seems I might have some issues with the ATI Radeon and probably with IDE disks but those can be fixed with extensions.

As an aside, I haven't had this much fun since my summer at Northwestern University playing with Mac IIcx'es back in the late 1980s... I think I was about 12.

Some of you may know me as the maintainer of the Solaris 10 package for Basilisk II. I have pretty much abandoned that effort...

pwngem

pwngem

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
My NC8000 crashes when trying to boot with -v.

pwngem

pwngem

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Can anyone help? Each time i want to install JAS 10.5.4 on my NC8000 it says read only file system and it wont let me install. With Leo4all it crashes instantly. With iAtkos v1.0i it says use one style only! PLEASE HELP!

sunnymanoj123

sunnymanoj123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

hi could you possibly tell me how to install it from usb on nc6000 i have plop bootloader and managed to successfully install windows 7 from usb 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy