• This topic is locked This topic is locked
64 replies to this topic

admezor

admezor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
We wish you the very best of happiness and health.

I have to fix health first of all.

uberlinuxguy

uberlinuxguy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
First, Taruga, get well soon. I have been looking around this forum for a few days now and your dedication to helping with the HDA stuff in OSx86 is truly above and beyond. So yeah, get well soon dude.

Second, I have some web hosting space that I might be able to sneak the wiki and maybe some of the downloads onto if Taruga or anyone else with the data might be interested. Send me DB dumps, web files, and data files and I could probably look into getting things up and keeping them up somewhere for Taruga.

And I am a moderate programmer who is willing and might be able to futz with some of this stuff, again to help out Taruga while he recovers. So if you have any of the data files, info, or code, please PM me and I'll set up some way for you to get stuff to me. I know how things can get a bit too much at times and would like to help ease some of the stress from Taruga.

LesPaulGuy

LesPaulGuy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I am wondering whether someone could tell me what I am doing wrong with the onboard sound on my rig.

I am running an AMD Athlon 64 4200+ X2, 4GB OCZ DDR2 800MHz RAM, Geforce 8800GTX video card, and an Asus M2N4 SLI motherboard which has onboard Realtek ALC850 audio, I have done a codec dump using Ubuntu, here is what it tells me:

0-0/0: Realtek ALC850 rev 0

PCI Subsys Vendor: 0x1043
PCI Subsys Device: 0x822c

Revision : 0x00
Compat. Class : 0x00
Subsys. Vendor ID: 0xffff
Subsys. ID : 0xffff

Capabilities :
DAC resolution : 16-bit
ADC resolution : 16-bit
3D enhancement : No 3D Stereo Enhancement

Current setup
Mic gain : +0dB [+0dB]
POP path : pre 3D
Sim. stereo : off
3D enhancement : off
Loudness : off
Mono output : MIX
Mic select : Mic1
ADC/DAC loopback : off
Double rate slots: 7/8
Extended ID : codec=0 rev=2 LDAC SDAC CDAC DSA=0 SPDIF DRA
Extended status : SPCV LDAC SDAC CDAC SPDIF=3/4
SPDIF Control : Consumer PCM Copyright Category=0x22 Generation=1 Rate=48kHz

So I then drag the text file with this information inside it into the AppleHDA Patcher, and it tells me that it is an unrecognized codec... Am I doing something wrong or what, can anyone help me out, as I have been trying for about a week now to get my audio working but nothing I do seems to work...

I started thinking that maybe the onboard audio was fried or something because I use a Soundblaster Audigy in Windows, but I have removed the soundblaster and I am using the onboard sound on my windows installation and it works fine.. I just don't understand why the HDA patcher isn't recognizing my codec dump, I have tried v1.20 and 1.16 neither of them work...

Is there an alternative codec dump that I can use for my Realtek audio, the audio only has three ports on it if that is of any help....

Thanks in advance...

P.S. when I use OSX86Tools to check the dev ID, it says "10de:0059 Rev a2"...

wishie

wishie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
The ALC850 is found on AC97 cards, not HDA Intel ones..

HDAPatcher is for the HDA cards only, not AC97. Try a different driver.

Hi, I am wondering whether someone could tell me what I am doing wrong with the onboard sound on my rig.

I am running an AMD Athlon 64 4200+ X2, 4GB OCZ DDR2 800MHz RAM, Geforce 8800GTX video card, and an Asus M2N4 SLI motherboard which has onboard Realtek ALC850 audio, I have done a codec dump using Ubuntu, here is what it tells me:

0-0/0: Realtek ALC850 rev 0

PCI Subsys Vendor: 0x1043
PCI Subsys Device: 0x822c

Revision : 0x00
Compat. Class : 0x00
Subsys. Vendor ID: 0xffff
Subsys. ID : 0xffff

Capabilities :
DAC resolution : 16-bit
ADC resolution : 16-bit
3D enhancement : No 3D Stereo Enhancement

Current setup
Mic gain : +0dB [+0dB]
POP path : pre 3D
Sim. stereo : off
3D enhancement : off
Loudness : off
Mono output : MIX
Mic select : Mic1
ADC/DAC loopback : off
Double rate slots: 7/8
Extended ID : codec=0 rev=2 LDAC SDAC CDAC DSA=0 SPDIF DRA
Extended status : SPCV LDAC SDAC CDAC SPDIF=3/4
SPDIF Control : Consumer PCM Copyright Category=0x22 Generation=1 Rate=48kHz

So I then drag the text file with this information inside it into the AppleHDA Patcher, and it tells me that it is an unrecognized codec... Am I doing something wrong or what, can anyone help me out, as I have been trying for about a week now to get my audio working but nothing I do seems to work...

I started thinking that maybe the onboard audio was fried or something because I use a Soundblaster Audigy in Windows, but I have removed the soundblaster and I am using the onboard sound on my windows installation and it works fine.. I just don't understand why the HDA patcher isn't recognizing my codec dump, I have tried v1.20 and 1.16 neither of them work...

Is there an alternative codec dump that I can use for my Realtek audio, the audio only has three ports on it if that is of any help....

Thanks in advance...

P.S. when I use OSX86Tools to check the dev ID, it says "10de:0059 Rev a2"...

Master Chief

Master Chief

Just Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

As Taruga seems to have dropped off the face of the planet ...

That's why I keep hammering on people to Open Source their work, because it enables others to help maintain the source code when the main developer no longer wants to/can work on it :)

p.s. I hope that everything has sorted out well for you Taruga!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy