iDeneb v1 10.5.4

329 posts in this topic

just wanted to say, this iDeneb OS got my i-mac white g5 up and running from dead,

when i had only a pc to try fix it with and lunatic prices (even on flea bay) for leo disks made it an expensive paperweight,

untill i sussed this iDeneb out. :wacko:

1. burned iDeneb in XP

2. installed it too imac(all but sound was working right away)

3. got leo 10.5 install DVD.dmg onto mac within iDeneb

4. Put the dmg onto a separate data partition into source and the first partition mac HD drive as target using restore feature of disk util within iDeneb

5. set data drive (with OS X INSTALL DVD.dmg on) as target disk in system prefs within iDeneb

6. rebooted into leopard install, Never looked back ;)

for some reason i had to install iDeneb twice and always had to use the option key to boot, choosing "windows" to get into the iDeneb enviroment as if i picked the blue apple it started the installer again.

bit off topic but first time i have had the chance to give this disk the props it deserves.

cheers ;)

• 10 months later...

I am very new to the world of OSx86 but very keen to get one of these DVD's installed on my pc,

I have tried kalyway and had no luck, so after more research. i read that some one had been successful with iDeneb V1.4 on the same motherboard as mine,

So i have burnt the ISO to disc and at Darwin's prompt typed in " -v " and it goes to a white screen with the grey apple logo, it will sit like these for as long as i leave it.

what could be causing this to happen?

my spec's

Motherboard: Asus P5KPL-AM/PS

CPU: Intel Celeron

RAM: 1GB

HDD: 500GB Seagate SATA

Graphics: on-board

CD drive: IDE drive DVD/ CD writer

if anyone has any clue's i would appreciate it allot as this is making me go crazy!!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...