HP DC7700

Panja

17 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I have an HP DC7700 desktop pc with an Intel e6400 processor and 4gb of ram.

Does anybody know if Leopard (I downloaded 10.5.4 iAtkos v4i) would run on this system?

Anybody that has the same system and got it to work?

Thanks in advance!

HP DC7700 works great for a hackintosh, see my sig for stuff you will need. PM me if you need any help.

one warning though, you need to use a graphics card, install wont work with built in video.

HP DC7700 works great for a hackintosh, see my sig for stuff you will need. PM me if you need any help.

one warning though, you need to use a graphics card, install wont work with built in video.

How in the world did you get the DVD to boot? I tried every conceivable option in the BIOS and couldn't get Kalyway to even begin booting the installer. Instead I got a "\" symbol in the upper left corner of the screen. Gave up and ended up using an HP xw4300 workstation instead, worked fine on that old P4 workhorse.

coolied, did your DC7700 have a video card installed ? Make sure you have the latest BIOS from hp, I used factory defualts. This works on both versions of the bios, VPRO and standard.

Get Kalyway 10.5.2 V2 dvd for this machine, the older Kalyway did not work.

another point, you will need to disable the built in lan and replace it with a known working PCI network card or a known working USB nic. Check the wiki for known cards. I use the compaq NC3121 PCI card in my hackintosh, they are cheap and I can find them around for nothing. They use the Intel 82558B chipset, works right out of the box.

I tried iAtkos v4i 10.5.4 but it didnt work for me.

After the install it reboots but stops.

Just installed Kalyway 10.5.2 and it works! ;)

Gonna try a different NIC as used the build-in one just to try.

Graphics card is an Ati x600 which works crappy in OSx...

Any one got that card working or is it better to buy a new card? If so which cheap card is great with OSx?

allot graphics cards out there, check the wiki for best, I use a GeForece 8500 GT 512, drivers are easy to install. found it online for $40 with free shipping.

Asus EN6200LE TC256

Asus EN8400GS SILENT/HTP/256M

Asus EN8400GS

MSI NX8400 GS

MSI NX8500 GT

XFX GF8400GS

These are the cards I can get with my local PC store.

All are low profile cards so they should fit my dc7700 Small Form Factor pc.

Which card do you recommend, which one works awesome in Leopard (qe/ci enabled)?

I prefer: MSI NX8400 GS

As it does not have a big cooler on it (silent)! But is it a good card for my purpose?

Thanks for your help again!!

The 8500 is a bit more expensive though. (not a BIG difference but....)

So just for my record, will the MSI NX8400 GS be capable of qe/ci?

I don't need a really fast GFX card, just one that works :wacko:

Cheers

• 2 years later...
How in the world did you get the DVD to boot? I tried every conceivable option in the BIOS and couldn't get Kalyway to even begin booting the installer. Instead I got a "\" symbol in the upper left corner of the screen. Gave up and ended up using an HP xw4300 workstation instead, worked fine on that old P4 workhorse.

HI there, it 's has been a while since you guys are been active heir in this forum. So I am wondering did anyone still has and uses HP DC 7700 SSF?

I do with W7, but have absolutely no chance of installing OSX 10,6 on it. Tried a lot of different installation methods. The one that brought me far then the others was MyHack installer, but still can't install OSX on this maschine. EFI imperial also boots but when the moment comes to change the install DVD and insert the Leo retail DVD it it, stops with error.

Has anyone idea how to make this guy up and running?

greets

Ivo