Leopard HD install helper v0.3(Win32) <2009-04-18>

85 posts in this topic

Well , once you setup Leopard , you can create a repair USB stick easily.

As we know , the Leopard install ISO have some repair tools , and can be boot to single user mode. So just pick up a ISO which is can be boot on your MSI Wind. Then use Disk Utility restore the ISO to your USB stick. After all done , try boot from this USB stick (Make sure both MSI Wind and USB stick support USB boot)

If it's can't boot , try install Chameleon on the USB stick.

==================================

By the way : the Install ISO also have a lot stuff whis are NOT necessary as repair purpose.

You can reference Format & Make Bootable HD for Leopard.iso(It's size about 500MB) to make a smaller repair USB stick.

Thanks! Three things.

1. Is "Chameleon" this?

chameleon dot osx86 dot hu

2. I have found "Format & Make Bootable HD for Leopard.iso" but it is just 196.12 MB. It says:

FOR Hakintosh Only !!!!

Designed by Kalyway !!!

Is that the one?

3. How to make a Windows repair USB flash stick (for the Windows partition on the MSI Wind)?

THANKS AGAIN!

Thanks! Three things.

1. Is "Chameleon" this?

chameleon dot osx86 dot hu

2. I have found "Format & Make Bootable HD for Leopard.iso" but it is just 196.12 MB. It says:

FOR Hakintosh Only !!!!

Designed by Kalyway !!!

Is that the one?

3. How to make a Windows repair USB flash stick (for the Windows partition on the MSI Wind)?

THANKS AGAIN!

1.yes

2.Yes

3.No idea Google it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Author: pcspcs @ pcbeta.com

bbs.pcbeta.com/thread-272691-1-1.html

=====================================

Description: Dump leopard ISO to a HD partition , then install leopard from this partition.

No need burn a DVD. It's faster.

I have tried use Leopard's DiskUtil Restore a ISO to a partition , but can't boot from it.

This Leopard HD install helper v0.3 works well.

This software is chinese GUI , I take a snapshot and mark all chinses to english.(see english_gui.png)

Windows XP , 2000 , 2003 only , vista NOT Tested!

===========================================

Guide:

Step 1: Format a PRIMARY FAT32 partition . (Make sure no file or directory) <--- We called this partition as Install Partition

Step 2: Use DiskPart create a PRIMARY partition for leopard install in. See here <--- We called this partition as Destination Partition

Step 3: Run "Leopard HD install helper" and select a ISO file.

Step 4: Select the Install Partition and Click "Start" Button.

Step 5: When its done . reboot.

Now , you can install leopard from HD , the rest steps are same as use DVD to install. good luck!

NOTE: The "Start" button will disabled when the Install Partition has file or directory , check if has "System volume Information" directory. If "Start" button still disabled , try re-select iso file , try re-select target partition , try check , uncheck "write" checkbox. It's wierd.

If you want use this tool dump ISO to USB Stick , you must find some tool to hack the "Gray Start Button".

Tested ISO File:

Leo4allv3.iso

Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd.iso

Leopard-10.5.2-AMD-EFI-Rev2.iso

iDeneb 10.5.4 v1.1.iso

iATKOS v5i.iso

Use as your own RISK!

======================================

Important:

If the Install Partition can't boot , please check the partition is active and it's ID is AF.

Otherwise , use partition tools such as Paragon Partition Manager change it.

Remober: Do NOT format the Install Partition. what you need to to is mark the Install Partition to active and change the ID of the Install Partition to AF.

The files boot1h , boot_v8 , boot in the attachment are necessary , be sure they with the main program ddmac.exe at same folder.

=======================================

EDIT1:

The recently release , such as iPC , iDeneb v1.4 , XxX was NOT compatible with Leopard HD Install Helper .

Because these all release use Chameleon-1.0.11 or PC_EFI v9.

When boot , it's show below infomation and stuck.

H0000003F
  ]-00000041
  =00000001
  }*!-007C87D7
  =007C007E
  Y

Please goto below Post #3 to see Solution.

However if all recently release maker can made a little patch to add boot to root directory of ISO , that will be easy more.

First at all :

1.Use Leopard HD Installer Help(be sure uncheck the last two checkbox) dump iso to a Install Partition.

2. Download Chameleon-1.0.11 and dd for win. There is a file named boot1h in Chameleon-1.0.11 Package , use dd for win write boot1h to your Install Partition.

Guide of use dd for win write boot1h to Install Partition:

1.Use dd --list to find the NT Block Device Object name of your Install Partition , for example , found the NT Block Device Object name of your Install Partition is ?DeviceHarddisk0Partition3.

2. Backup two blocks of your Install Partition.

dd if=?DeviceHarddisk0Partition3 of=c:my_bak count=2 bs=512 3. write boot1h to Install Partition

dd if=c:boot1h of=?DeviceHarddisk0Partition3

Method1:

Use this guide or this guide boot from BOOT-132 CD , then type the right Harddisk number.

Method2:

Install MacDrive , then you can write HFS+ partition. so copy the file boot from Chameleon-1.0.11 to your root directory of Install Partition.

Question , i have trying to install Leopard from 10.5.6 on my AMD 64 x2 , GAMA78G-DS3H with an IDE WD hdd . The installer does not show my hdd in the disk utility . Do you think this hd installer might be able to get my leopard installer working and finally install it >

Thanks in advance !

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I want to install iDeneb 1.4 10.5.6 onto my Acer Aspire One A150 from USB Stick, since I don't have an external DVD-RW.

So I followed your instruction on post #3 method 1, but I can't get it to work.

Every time I try to boot from the stick I receive an error message, so I press enter and my Acer boots from hd.

post-415369-1240346299_thumb.jpg

I want to install iDeneb 1.4 10.5.6 onto my Acer Aspire One A150 from USB Stick, since I don't have an external DVD-RW.

So I followed your instruction on post #3 method 1, but I can't get it to work.

Every time I try to boot from the stick I receive an error message, so I press enter and my Acer boots from hd.

You don't give the detail of the error message , so can't help you.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I'm getting terribly confused. So far I have three partitions, one is my XP partition, another is the "Install" partition that I dumped the ISO to, and the last one is a blank FAT32 partition that I'm supposed to install OSX to.

Am I correct so far?

Well, I set the Install partition to active and ID=AF, but this causes my laptop to not boot up correctly so I can't enter Chameleon. When my XP partition is set to active I can choose Chameleon and boot into it, and the Install partition looks like an Apple logo, but it won't let me boot.

What's wrong here?

Well, I'm getting terribly confused. So far I have three partitions, one is my XP partition, another is the "Install" partition that I dumped the ISO to, and the last one is a blank FAT32 partition that I'm supposed to install OSX to.

Am I correct so far?

Well, I set the Install partition to active and ID=AF, but this causes my laptop to not boot up correctly so I can't enter Chameleon. When my XP partition is set to active I can choose Chameleon and boot into it, and the Install partition looks like an Apple logo, but it won't let me boot.

What's wrong here?

Which is ISO you used? ( iDeneb , xxx , etc...) please tell more detail.

Do you use the Method1 of my post#3? if you use the Method1 , you needn't set the "install" partition as active.

The three partitions are in same harddisk or not?

but it won't let me boot.

can you give more infomation? It's show some error mesage ?

I used iDeneb 1.4 with method 1 of post 3. All 3 partitions are on the same HDD. When I set the Install partition as the only partition active, I get a "Missing Operating System" error when booting up. When I set the XP partition as active, I can boot into Chameleon and select the Install Partition, which looks like and Apple logo, but the screen just flashes "Darwin Bootloader" for a second then goes back to Chameleon.

Any idea whats going on?

• 1 month later...

hey,

whenever i try to boot from the partition that i dumped iatkos v5i to, i recieve a kp when the acpi tries to load.

it says: Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n"@/Volumes/disk1s2/leo_xnu/xnu-1228/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1376

i am using the first method from post 3

i have my disk partition into 4 partitions, with the "destination" partition 2nd and the "install" partition 4th

I have an Acer Aspire One 150

Chipset : Mobile Intel 945GSE

I/O Controller : 82801GBM (ICH-7m)

Processor : Intel Atom N270

• 3 weeks later...
Special vista sidenote... Run As Administrator

Maybe that should be put up front, I'm sure people are missing that small detail.

Windows 7 too. But this app should inform the user that it needs admin privileges minimum but even better would be to request it automatically. That's what UAC was designed for. Run as a regular user and only use admin privileges if it needs to.

• 1 month later...
when I do everything you told me to do twilight this is the message I get from the program.

2gwc5qp.jpg please tell me what I am doing wrong.

I am getting same error 'not a HFS Paritition' when trying to copy the 10.5.6 ISO to ext USB drive on XP. Pls help?

I did the following:

1 ) Convert the Leopard 10.5.6 DMG to ISO format using PowerISO

2) create 2 partitions on 80GB Ext USB Drive.

3) Format the first partition as FAT32 as PRIMARY and marked it ACTIVE (Using windows disk management)

4) Run 'Helper' tool as 'ADMIN' user and pointed to ISO created in Step#1 (In the first box where it shows ISO file location, it shows all weird characters?? and then It showed in bottom, Type: UNKNOWN ?? )

5) Unchecked all the last 3 checkmarks and then marked 'Write' and hit START

Then the above error in the screenshot showed up.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

thanks for the tool, it was sunday and i wasnt able to get an writable dvd^^. So Take the tool. And here is how to do it with vista:

1. Simple folow the first steps, but dont reboot.

2. Get the boot-123 dvd at the bay of the pirates.

3. burn this on an cd.

4. reboot.

5. boot from the cd

6. type -v

7. select the install partition.

8. have fun

NOTE: It won't work without the boot-123 cd, i have try everything. This is just for those, who have just a cd drive or those who want to get a faster install without dvd.

Greetings, kogoro

• 4 weeks later...

Documents\Downloads\iDeneb_v1.4_OSx86_ISO\iDeneb_v1.4_10.5.6.iso

Type: iso/hfs.

File size:4629370880 Bytes

Image size:4516048895 Bytes

Driver e: not hard disk driver,try another!

-_- help plz

trying to install it on Asus Eee Pc 900ha need to be installed in 4 hrs