[HOW TO]: Make 9800GX2 work in Mac Leopard 10.5.5! QE/CI Enabled! (WORKS ON NVIDIA M/Bs ONLY!)

Azamic

152 posts in this topic

dont know rules about double posting but I want to bump this thread and say if you plan on using Premiere Pro CS5 (any adobe app?) With 9800 GX2 installed by this topics method to disable quartzGL or else you get frequent crashes and odd behavior.

this might be a specific case but I've spent the last 2 days diagnosing this symptom with the 9800 gx2

my steps were figuring out where the problem lies

-------

create new user (same symptom)

modify gfx strings various ways (same or worse)

reinstall CS5 (same)

safe boot (works, no sound of course)

delete GeForce.kext (works but gfx performance dropped)

modify Geforce.kext using website from page 1 of this thread (same symptoms)

disabled quartzGL using OSx86 tools (works)

anyone have insight on this? as I would hope there is a better solution or if its me only?

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, it's my turn to start contributing to this amazing forum. I have learned much from this forum and feel guilty for not giving back. I have the 9800 GX2 working in under 10.6.3 and would like to try and get HDMI w/sound working also. I am not seeing any CI/QE show up in my profiler like hyperstriker.

I am including my openGL extensions viewer results just to see if anyone would like to compare so we can see if our cards are comparable, etc.

---okay, um I am having a tough time inserting an image from picasa, guess you can't do that :`---

okay, figured it out...sheesh

post-186315-1276325864_thumb.jpg