ATI AC 97 Sounds (SB400) effort

Andras Kenez

696 posts in this topic

I have HP nx6125 notebook working with OS X. Sound card works for few hours like a charm, but after few hours of listening, quality of sound played in iTunes fall on very low quality. Is anyone here having this kind of problems too?

Thanks for answers.

sure Mohd Yusuf, I saw it but, as a mac newbie, I never updated any driver on this platform for my whole life so... ;-)

I have downloaded your file, but what must I do with it ?

Do I need to change some device ID Value somewhere to match my config ?

I tried to replace the original kext file with yours, but it's not working. (just copy/paste is it ok ?)

Do I need to type other commands after that?

I looked for a tutorial on drivers update, and found one at:

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Audio

but it's not about "general" sound, only for NVIDIA.

thanks a lot for your help, and thanks to everybody for making this thing (almost) usable for newbies like me ;-)

Mohd Yusuf,

You, and everyone else who've made ATI IXP AC'97 audio a reality are in need of recognition. I'd already spent money on a Turtle Beach USB card to get sound because when I started this project in January there was no ray of hope for onboard sound. As of this afternoon, with the help of your kext, my entire onboard audio card has sprung to life! I have no output problems whatsoever, no matter how big the file I play [older drivers had an issue with my 300+MB episodes of Top Gear], and all inputs are detected as well, though I haven't tried them. Thanks again!

hey, i got the audio working. but i have one little problem

when is want to have the audio in menu bar. it shows, but when i click it, it disapears again. Does anyone have this problem? or a solutions?

hey, i got the audio working. but i have one little problem

when is want to have the audio in menu bar. it shows, but when i click it, it disapears again. Does anyone have this problem? or a solutions?

Mine only did that when the audio driver *wasn't* working. Have you tried toying with various Audio setting combinations?

Andrey,

no disrespect whatsoever, u do not need to make it such a big deal. I didnt write any driver (never actually successfully compiled a kext, maybe it's due to xcode 2.1).

The people that you need to recognize are those made this kext a reality. dopefish, edflyer, and others who had helped them in the development of this kext.

As of me, one who's still punching my calculator waiting for the moment that i can buy a mac, desperate to get the sound working.

I merely read the errors and try to use my logic.. nothing big.

Mine only did that when the audio driver *wasn't* working. Have you tried toying with various Audio setting combinations?

I tried toying indeed, and the audio is working well, only when i'm using the sound icon in the menu bar, it disapears ant i can't set the volume anymore that way.

I installed and removed it a couple of times now, but nothing fixed it.

any ideas?

Ruud

He does anybody here have a problem with the audio after updating quicktime?

After i did an update, the audio doesn't work anymore.

Does someone know a fix to this problem?

Or how can i uninstall quicktime

?

Thanks for helping.

Ruud

I tried toying indeed, and the audio is working well, only when i'm using the sound icon in the menu bar, it disapears ant i can't set the volume anymore that way.

any ideas?

Ruud

I've no ideas then. I'm glad it's at least working for you, though.

YESSSSSSSSSS YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

finally it worked.. e'thing worked.. speakers, output and i havent tested input yet, but i think it worked too :poster_oops:

Thanks Yusuf's help!!!

My Realtek AC97 Audio works now! :)

• 2 weeks later...

any ideas?

Ruud

After the jas 10.4.8 amd ss3 update, the sound icon in the menu bar suddenly start working...

So JaS if you read this, THANK you.

Ruud

• 2 weeks later...

For those of us with MSI S270s/MS-1013s, the dysfunctional internal speakers/quiet line out problem has been fixed in the ALSA driver. If anybody feels like porting the patch into the code for this kext, it would be much appreciated by those of us with these tiny little machines :2cents:

http://www.opensubscriber.com/message/linu...rg/2135272.html

First of all I want to thank everyone who has done wonderful progress in getting these drivers to work.

I am having some issues getting my set up to work. Here is what is happening - the sound card seems to be initializing, but I am guessing some settings are slightly off since even though it says it is playing a sound or changing volume, I don't actually hear anything.

I am attaching my initialization messages (that come up during boot time) and some screen shots of /Applications/Utilities/Audio Midi Setup.

Please let me know how I should go about debugging the issue.

My hardware ID is 43701002

It is an ATI sound card.

Thanks,

Ted

post-22964-1162847318_thumb.png

post-22964-1162847336_thumb.png

AudioBootLogs.txt