ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

Disco screen.. square blocks of graphics all over the place.

Looks like the framebuffer isnt loaded go into safe mode and see if you get a wrong permission on ATY_ kext or atindrv.kext

The .pkg installer worked fine on my older 10.5.1 installs

Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD works out of the box for my Radeon HD2900 Pro

Also Kalyway 10.5.3 combo update worked fine

Thanks to Netkas :(

the original package you posted for the 3850 when 10.5.3 came out didn't work (there were still white menus) for my Gigabyte 3850 with 512mb, but after going back to what I had backed up, it worked fine so I stopped there.

I think the older drivers came from the topic in IRC, as they had the same installer as the new one.

Thanks!

I installed to clean hdd 10.5.2 kalyway. Next, install the driver hd3650, which had been downloaded on links located here. I installed 10.5.3 kalyway combo update. When downloading introduced-v. The problem of "white menu" remained unresolved. I am very saddened: ((Give solutions to this problem?

Tested on PCIE Sapphire HD 3650 512MB, osx release iAtkos 2.0i. Worked flawlessly; QE, CI, all resolutions available. Thanks!
10.5.2 for all works fine without the "white menu." In 10.5.3 it is not so: (((

I installed to clean hdd 10.5.2 kalyway. Next, install the driver hd3650, which had been downloaded on links located here. I installed 10.5.3 kalyway combo update. When downloading introduced-v. The problem of "white menu" remained unresolved. I am very saddened: ((Give solutions to this problem?10.5.2 for all works fine without the "white menu." In 10.5.3 it is not so: (((

Which installer did you try ?

Yes, the day before yesterday I probyval download and install the first of the post. Appeared "white menu." Then yesterday I did a clean install with the upgrade to 10.5.2 and 10.5.3 with new drivers - again a "white menu." :):robot:

I have a ATI 2400 HD Pro 256Mb and I install your driver on a Kalyway 10.5.2 and it don't work!!

I get a blank screen using the digital out and I try the VGA analog out and I get the same blank screen...

what Is the output that supose to work??? Digital out or VGA analog out??

Also, I try the following line at startup "Graphics Mode"="2560x1600x32" and it gives me a resolution of 1600x1200x32 when started ... This is the best resolution I ever get! but I want a Widescreen resolution...

How to get work the 2400 HD Pro driver or how to get the widescreen display stop to display to stretched image?

Hello!

Before the release of 10.5.3 Netkas said that there was support for the Radeon RV620 (HD3450 - HD3470) series.

http://netkas.org/?p=60

Has it been removed in the final build? How actually is the situation with the HD3450 graphic cards?

need more testing and some patching from netkas

Any news on the ATI Radeon HD2600 Mobility 9581, anyone?

With previous kexts and tinkering I had high resolutions selectable and working on VGA-out, no CI/QE though. Only basic low res support on the internal display... which is a shame. Keep seeing the garbled grey stripey patterned mess every time I try something new! :) If anyone has CI/QE working on external VGA please direct me to your method!

Thanks again to lastExile!

I have a ATI HD 3850 256 MB. QE / CI works fine. Only problem is the white menu :-(

When will be a fix released ?

My device= 0x9505

I tried the latest package with help from the app "Pacifist". It works now...

Solution: Pacifist overwrites the old packages. The normal installer doesn´t support it. ;-)

Just wanted to post my experience:

Processor Name: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3200+

CPU Features : FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36

CLFSH MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 SSE3

System Version: Mac OS X 10.5.3 (9D34)

Kernel Version: Darwin 9.3.0

ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT AGP

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x9586

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: 113-B1480A-236

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.236

Displays : 500G:

Resolution : 1024 x 768 @ 60 Hz

Depth : 32-bit Color

Core Image : Hardware Accelerated

Main Display : Yes

Mirror : Off

Online : Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation : Supported

The installer didn't work, after rebooting the screen turned blue (the upper half) & black with white spots (the bottom half). I had, in windows, to delete the old kexts in the MacOS partition for this to work. So it seems that there is a problem with the installer.

Anyway, this baby works like a charm. Thank you! You are the best.