Jump to content
Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About TaurusDJ

  • Rank
    InsanelyMac Protégé
  1. WG311T - Atheros (AR5212) Issues...

    I've got the same card (Netgear WG311T) and it's working properly with my Leo 10.5.6... Try the IO80211Family.kext posted by Gabo_c at page 14 in this thread: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...3089&st=260 It worked for me!
  2. I've modified the 10.5.6 (ATINDRV & ATIRadeonX1000 only) kexts for my Sapphire x1650pro PCIE 256MB (0x71C1). Resolution change, CI, QE & Rotation work properly with my Samsung SyncMaster T200 (DVI to DVI connection so no DVI to VGA converters). Not tested: second DVI output & sleep but I'm not interested in that. Attached to this post the 10.5.6 modified kexts and a snapshot of the system with Xbench results. Let me now if it helped! Sapphire_x1650pro_256MB_PCIE_0x71C1.zip
  3. ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

    Hello! Before the release of 10.5.3 Netkas said that there was support for the Radeon RV620 (HD3450 - HD3470) series. http://netkas.org/?p=60 Has it been removed in the final build? How actually is the situation with the HD3450 graphic cards?
  4. Ok, my system is now quite stable so this is my contribution... Current OS X Version: 10.5.1 Install method: iATKOS v1.0i with EFI & Vanilla Kernel No Prebuilt System! Motherboard Manufacturer: MSI Model: P965 Neo2-FI Version: MS-7235 v2.1 Bios Version: AMI BIOS v3.7 Chipset: P965 Express + ICH8 Southbridge Audio: ALC888 not working with iATKOS. Working with Line In/Line Out/Headphone/Microphone with AppleHDA Patcher + ALC888 codec text dumped from Knoppix Live CD 5.1 LAN: Realtek 8110SC (it's detected but I haven't tested it yet...) CPU Model Number: Intel Core 2 Duo E4400 overclocked at 2800MHz Recognised as: 2800 MHz :-))) Memory/DDR: 2Gb (1+1) Corsair TWINX DDR-II 4-4-4-12 (total amount of RAM correctly reported in System Profiler except the bus speed and the used banks) Video Manufacturer: Sapphire Model: ATI Radeon x1650 Pro (Device ID: 0x71C1) Bus Type: PCIe x16 Memory size: 256Mb GDDR3 Dual screen working: Feature not tested QE/CI working: CI/QE/Rotation fully working. I've also enabled QuartzGL and it's supported (no problem at all with that!) Resolution changeable: Yes Required patches or bios flashing: Yes, using this method: http://forum.osx86scene.com/viewtopic.php?...it=x1600#p17897 NOTE: I've used neither the files linked nor the ATIInject.kext. Simply modify the ATINDRV.kext as written then edit the ATIRadeonX1000.kext files as described. NOTE2: I've replaced the device string 0x71C01002 (RV530) with my 0x71C11002 (RV535) in ATIRadeonX1000.kext because they are similar chipsets (x1600 vs. x1650). SATA/IDE working: ICH8 SATA fully working. Marvell 88SE6111 IDE Controlled not tested. Wifi & patches: Netgear WG311T (Atheros based) working with 10.4.10 (Tiger) IO80211Family.kext modified as documented in this thread: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...wg311t&st=0 NOTE: with the original 10.5.1 IO80211Family.kext (modified as the other one) the Netgear card is detected and seems to work but the system freezes at the moment of the network connection... Hope this can help...
  5. Hello to everyone! I've finally made to work my Sapphire X1650PRO PCI-E 256Mb GDDR3 (ID: 0x71C1) on Tiger 10.4.10 The Kozlowski method didn't work for my card before the upload of the new fix for 0x71C1; now all is working properly (QE/CI/Rotation). I've manually copied all the kext files from the MODBIN package for kernel 8.10.1 to /System/Library/Extensions/ then I've overwritten in the same dir all the kexts included in the new fix for 0x71C1. Finally, after the usual operations (chown, chmod, ecc.), I've rebooted and... EVERYTHING IS OK! NO MORE KERNEL PANIC AND NO NEED FOR NATIT KEXTS... Thank you for this post!!!