Your Linux Desktop Screenshots!

snakeeyes

68 posts in this topic

fullvistainstall.png

^thats my old rig, its actually a dual Xeon rig, 783mhz P3 Xeons powering that mess, with an ATi 9200LE AGP graphics card

Screenshot-3.png

^that's the work in progress. its gOS Space running gnome (nothing to brag about) with AWN (still nothing to brag about) but i hope to finish it up with a custom mac os skin, or theme it better than it is. (i don't use myspace, so i cleaned up the dock and made my own stacks)

Here is mine, its fresh install on an older machine just to show my family how great linux is and for them to test it out.

post-214923-1210509529_thumb.jpg

Any comments welcome.........

that looks nice!

I've tried suse but just the livecd.. and that is slowmofo...

wubi for suse anyone????

that looks nice!

I've tried suse but just the livecd.. and that is slowmofo...

wubi for suse anyone????

Who installs linux for regular use using Wubi? :)

Wubi is just meant for a preview, it doesn't give u the true experience, and some people can't even boot up ubuntu using wubi whereas it installs and works fine without wubi.

thats why its vanilla, I was thinking of it being Gentoo :)

is it Gentoo linux 2008? if so how is it? :D

Nah, it's the 2007 build, but it still runs great since I set the compiler flags and optimized it for the G3. ;)

I'd say speedwise, it about as fast as OS 9 was.

Nah, it's the 2007 build, but it still runs great since I set the compiler flags and optimized it for the G3. :P

I'd say speedwise, it about as fast as OS 9 was.

I never used OS 9 :) How fast was it though, meaning what were its requirements?

I first tried OS X with 10.0 and got my first mac with Tiger :D

I never used OS 9 :( How fast was it though, meaning what were its requirements?

OS 9 was a rocket on anything it ran on. It runs fast even in an Emulator!!

I never used OS 9 :( How fast was it though, meaning what were its requirements?

From Apple's support site:

In order to install and run Mac OS 9, you will need the following system configuration:

• Mac OS-based Apple computer with a PowerPC processor (PowerPC upgrade cards and 680X0 processors are NOT supported. See note below). Mac OS X Server IS NOT supported (MacOS.app). NetBoot images on Mac OS X Server are supported, but require a Mac OS 9 license for each NetBoot client.
  • 150 MB to 250 MB for an easy install (though a universal install can be up to 400 MB) of free disk space, depending on options selected, and drive size and format.
  • 40 MB of RAM (32 MB of physical RAM, with virtual memory set to at least 40 MB).

OS 9 was a rocket on anything it ran on. It runs fast even in an Emulator!!

Yeah, of course it runs fast in an emulator. Any OS with those system requirements is bound to run good on a 2.xGHz Core 2 Duo. lol.

• 2 weeks later...