Leopard on Pre-Series 7 NVIDIA nForce MCP + Intel CPU MOBOs - REBORN

verdant

468 posts in this topic

The purpose of this thread, which will focus on attempts (successful, partially successful, not successful yet.....with reasons why where possible...... :) ) to install OSx86 10.5.x (Leopard) ONLY on NVIDIA nForce Series 5 and 6 MCP (570i, 590i, 610i, 620i, 630i, 650i and 680i) chipsets + Intel CPU motherboard systems

is to

(i) Complement the existing excellent Mysticus C* threads (A. and B. below)

A.
, Newbies Guide + Install Guide (Intel CPUs Only Guide)
....... now effectively static according to Mysticus C*.......he no longer runs a nForce chipset MOBO......

B.
Mysticus C* Apple Delta/Combo Updates on nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBOs
- Currently updates to 10.5.6 - can be found

(ii) Offer alternative support now that Mysticus C* is no longer supporting his nForce thread regularly, if at all.......

(iii) To provide a focal point for the challenges associated with installing OSx86 10.5.x....[and.....] on NVIDIA nForce Series 5 and 6 MCP (media and communications processors) chipset-basedIntel CPU MOBOs.

(iv) To enable myself and other willing & helpful regular and guest contributers (volunteers please.......?) to help many more owners of 570i, 590i, 610i, 620i, 630i, 650i and 680i chipset MOBOs than I and others can at present by answering calls for help all over the place in isolated posts, PMs, and threads......

A number of forum posters have PM'd me wishing to make an unsolicited entirely voluntary donation in appreciation for my freely given assistance with their OSx86 problems......

Anyone wishing to donate (according to their personal circumstances and wishes) can now do so via PayPal......please remember to PM me your InsanelyMac Username AND Real Name so that I can link the two......and personally thank you.... :)

A donation is not required for my freely given assistance....... donations are the gift of the giver NOT the expectation of the receiver...... :trumpet:

POSTING REQUIREMENTS:

A. Full details of your system in your first post (and summary in your signature......following rules!)

1. Your MOBO brand and model: e.g. Asus P5N-32E SLI Plus 650i

2. Your nForce Series 5 or 6 chipset: i.e. 570i, 590i, 610i, 620i, 630i, 650i, or 680i

3. Your Intel CPU: Model, Core Quantity, Stock Speed and if Overclocked to what speed..... e.g. Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600, 4 cores, 2.4GHz stock, 3.0GHz OCd

4. Screen shots of your current BIOS settings if at all possible (as very helpful and in some/many cases essential.....)

5. Your DVDRW(s): TYPE - SATA or PATA [iDE], QUANTITY

6. Your hard drive(s): TYPE - SATA or PATA [iDE], QUANTITY - and if set as RAID or not, SIZE (i.e. capacity in GB)......

7. Hard drive PARTITION/FORMATTING: - and if set up as single OS volume per HDD or multi-OS volume per HDD etc......

8. Current OS's installed: Full details i.e. not just Windows or Linux.... and whether or not you hope to dual boot or even triple boot....

9. Your graphics card(s): Brand, Model No., RAM, - if in SLI mode or not

10. PCI/PCI-E cards fitted: e.g. USB, Firewire,NIC etc. and quantity of each...

11. Onboard devices/functions: Audio chipset, LAN chipset, Firewire (number of ports), USB 1.1 or 2.0 (number of ports), eSATA (number of ports), etc.

B. Full details of your current OSx86 install status

1. Your available OSx86 Install DVD(s) - Name, Leopard version, Release version: e.g. iDeneb 10.5.4 v1.1

2. Clear description of the problems you encountered when trying to install....with boot screen images showing error messages observed.......if at all possible (as very helpful and in some cases essential.....)

BIOS SETTINGS TEMPLATE FOR 570i, 590i, 610i, 630i, 650i and 680i Ultra NVIDIA nForce Pre-Series 7 MCP chipset based Intel CPU MOBOs

This BIOS template (now V2 with some additions for 630i) does not claim to cover all the BIOS variations for all the different MOBOs that meet the above requirement........also apologies for any errors........It is a composite list so under 650i for example it has the settings for different 650i MOBOs in the same column.......likewise for the other chipsets......it is not complete in terms of the number of different BIOS parameter layouts for the same chipset.......particularly for the 570i and 610i chipset MOBOs......

BUT readers should be able to see which ones of the listed parameters match their particular BIOS parameters......

I did it this way because I am not able (due to time constraints and not having every MOBO manual etc.) to list all the relevant BIOS settings for each of the Pre-Series 7 nForce chipsets for all of the nForce chipset MOBO manufacturers!.....I hope you understand...... :)

It is a preliminary guide to the most likely forms of the relevant BIOS parameters, their default settings, together with my recommended initial settings to enable OSx86 installation and stable operation (within the known limitations of nForce chipset MOBOs...... :blink: ).

The BIOS settings in italics are ones that you could change later if you so wish (assuming you have the appropriate kernel to install) to see if the system still runs OSx86 without any problems...... :)

In the BIOS template I have got IEEE1394 Controller (i.e. Firewire) set as [Auto] or [Enabled], generally the default BIOS setting........BUT if when having it set as [Auto] or [Enabled] you cannot install OSx86 from DVD because your PC freezes during booting from the DVD, then set IEEE1394 Controller as [Disabled] and try rebooting from the DVD.......

If it makes no difference, the origin of the freeze lies elsewhere......if, however, you can now boot successfully from the DVD into the OS X Installer window, then after successfully installing and running OSx86 from the HDD, you can set it back to [Auto] or [Enabled]......if everything continues to work OK that is...... ;)

Pre_Series7_nForce_Chipset_BIOS_SettingsV2.pdf

HELP FOR THOSE EXPERIENCING ACPI-APIC and/or BIOS PROBLEMS (e.g. always needing to use the cpus=1 boot flag)

If your System Hangs after Boot Screen Message:

"Mac framework successfully initialized

Using XXXX buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers"

where XXXX may be 16384, 14805, 10485, 5242 typically......

XXXX Number Explanation:

16384 is reported to indicate ≥ 4GB RAM

14805 is reported to indicate 2GB RAM

The Error Cause may be:

ACPIPlatform.kext and/or AppleAPIC.kext and/or IOACPIFamily.kext

The Error Solution may be:

Replace ACPIPlatform.kext and/or AppleAPIC.kext and/or IOACPIFamily.kext with compatible version(s); generally found in older distros...�or as an "ACPI Fix" or "ACPI-APIC Old" or similar in recent distros.....

HOWEVER, if different versions of these kexts do not resolve the error, then you may need a modified-DSDT BIOS; this is because the DSDT is a part of the ACPI subsystem.

ACPI is the acronym for Advanced Configuration & Power Interface.

The ACPI interface has been around since 1999 and used on the majority of i386 and x86_64 systems since then.

ACPI is an abstraction level that is interfaced between the OS and the platform firmware and hardware. This abstraction layer's, i.e. ACPI's purpose is to hide differences in the platform firmware and/or hardware from most of the operating system kernel codebase, in order that most of the kernel codebase does not have to be changed for the OS to run on systems with different hardware and/or firmware. Thus, OS and the platform can evolve independently so that a new OS should be able to run on old hardware, while an older OS should be able to run on new hardware.

DSDT is an acronym for Differentiated System Description Table. The DSDT contains the Differentiated Definition Block, which supplies the information and configuration information about the base system. It is always incorporated in the ACPI Namespace by the OS at bootup.However, it is sad fact that a number of MOBO manufacturers do not seem able to provide fully functional DSDTs as part of their MOBOs' BIOS.

For example, MSI MOBOs often need a DSDT string-modded BIOS.....read this thread.....and see here......Kabyl may be able to help you.....BUT also see OriginalMACNUT's OSXCORES......e.g. MSI P7N nForce 750i SLI Platinum......also see fassl's DSDT Patcher.......using mackerintel's Chameleon with DSDT Override bootloader (now superseded by Chameleon 2.0 bootloader versions)......as well as koalala's ACPI (DSDT) Patcher for BIOS and AML, CPU Cores, HPET, RTC, TM, GFX......

UPDATE: Use the Chameleon 2.0 RC1 or RC2 or RC3 or RC4 bootloader - whichever suits your MOBO/system best - work backwards from RC4 or RC3 - using Dr Hurt's unofficial RC3 installer or RC4 installer.....

IF YOU ARE USING PATA (IDE) DEVICES e.g. IDE HDD(s) and IDE DVDRW or DVDROM (and/or CDROM/CDRW) THEN PLEASE READ:

CORRECT IDE (PATA) DEVICE JUMPER SETTING AND CABLE CONNECTING

1. The modern 40-pin Ultra DMA 80-wire cable can be made connector-specific by jumpering CS (Cable Select) on HDD and jumpering CSEL (Cable Select) on the DVDROM, because the cable connectors are usually color-coded as follows:

Blue connector to the host i.e. MOBO,

Black connector to the chosen primary device, i.e. device cable-selected as Master (usually i.e.should be the END connector of the cable)

Grey connector to the chosen secondary device, i.e. device cable-selected as Slave (usually i.e. should the MIDDLE connector of the cable)

BUT not always......... :thumbsdown_anim:

With such a cable, if you jumper the DVDROM as Master and the HDD as Slave, or vice versa, then the Slave device is usually connected to the middle connector and the Master device to the end connector (with the Blue connector as always connected to the MOBO IDE connector)

2. If you have the older 40-pin 40-wire Cable Select cable, then the Master Connector is the MIDDLE connector of the cable, and the Slave connector is the END connector of the cable(with the Blue connector as always connected to the MOBO IDE connector).

3. If you have the older 40-pin 40-wire Regular (non-Cable Select) then the function of the MIDDLE and END connectors on the cable 40-pin 40-wire (with the Blue connector as always connected to the MOBO IDE connector) are determined by the jumper settings on the devices connected to each (i.e. Master or Slave).With such a cable, if you set both devices as Cable Select, each will configure itself as Master, causing a signal conflict.

4. If you have the very rare situation of one device having to be jumpered on Cable Select and the other jumpered as Master or as Slave (i.e. no CS or CSEL option),then Cable Select mode is invoked, configuring the MIDDLE connector of the cable as Master on older 40-pin 40-wire Cable Select cable, and on modern 40-pin Ultra DMA 80-wire cable, configuring the END connector of the cable as Master (with in either case, the Blue connector connected to the MOBO IDE connector).

Confusing or what......... :rolleyes:

post-200327-1242863303_thumb.jpg

If your MOBO has two separate IDE channels, i.e. two IDE connectos on the MOBO.......typically the blue MOBO connector is IDE Channel 0 and the black MOBO connector is IDE Channel 1.......then I recommend that you get two 80 wire IDE cables and try connecting your IDE DVDROM to the blue MOBO connector as Master and your IDE HDD to the black MOBO connector as Master if other IDE arrangements do not work........

Partitioning and Formatting a Hard Drive (HDD) for OS X

OS X Disk Utility does not recognize unallocated space on a hard drive, and so the space cannot be used to create a new partition.

You can only either reformat a pre-existing partitioned volume, or re-partition the entire hard drive space.....

When setting up partitions on a hard drive using Windows, just create primary partitions formatted as either simple FAT32 or NTFS volumes depending on your version of Windows......FAT32 and NTFS volumes are recognised by OS X.....so you can then use Disk Utility to either re-partition and/or re-format the volumes using the partition/formatting schemes you want for OS X.......e.g. MBR/HFS+ or GPT/HFS+.......

Should you be in the ideal position of being able to and wanting to install OS X on its own hard drive, I recommend for general PC use (i.e. rather than as a server) that you partition the hard drive as Master Boot Record (MBR) via the Partition menu tab in OS X Disk Utility and format it as Mac OS Extended (Journaled) volumes, into a minimum of 4 volumes (depending on your HDD capacity) as follows:

1st volume at the start of HDD is a small 10GB volume (choose a name without spaces e.g. Leopard_Boot or OS_X_Boot etc) to use as a OS X boot volume with ONLY a basic fully working OS X install from your chosen OS X Install DVD (which enables you to use its Disk Utility functions on the other OS X volumes), together with:

Kext Helper b7

OSx86Tool

Chameleon 2.0 RC1

Chameleon 2.0 RC2

PC_EFI v10.1

and any other Utiliy software you find very useful for OS X system installation/maintenace/repair etc., to enable you to modify/test OS X updates on the Main and Backup OS X volumes without ever risking not being able to boot into OS X on this HDD.......

The 2nd and 3rd volumes are equal size volumes, which for use as the OS X Main and Backup (or Test) systems, respectively.......suggest you use a size of at least 40GB for each.....

The 4th volume is a OS X Data Archive volume with all your archived OS X and OS x86 software, documents files, image files, music files, or whatever you wish to archive and keep safe......

Mysticus C* device class/type identification IOPCIClassMatch modification

when installing nVidia GFX card drivers, especially for nForce MOBOs with multiple nVidia chipset devices.... :)

Note the device type identification is not for installing the nVidia GFX card driver kexts themselves!

The problem arises because nVidia graphics kexts do not have an internal check process to see whether they are loading for an nVidia graphics card or not, which means that they can/may load for any nVidia/nForce chipset device in the MOBO/system with a IOPCIClassMatch listing nVidia as vendor....

The purpose of the modification is to prevent the nVidia GFX driver kexts from loading as drivers for the wrong i.e. different MOBO components (eg, chipset, network, memory controller etc...) on an nForce MOBO......!

Without the device class/type identification present in the NVD* and GeF* kexts, nVidia GFX card drivers load up on a NForce MOBO even when a ATI GFX card is installed, causing kernel panics..... If you have nVidia GFX card on an nForce chipset MOBO, it is even more important to fix the NVD* and GeF* drivers......

Furthermore, Mysticus C* and myself, working together, recently isolated the origin of the frequent freezing during OS X system updates employing Apple MacOSXUpdCombo10.5.x.pkg Installers on nForce chipset MOBOs and/or MOBOs with nVidia graphics card(s) fitted....see the section "FOR SERIOUS STUDENTS OF OS X on a x86 PC SYSTEM" in my write-up here......

The solution is to add these 2 lines of code (if found to be missing)

<key>IOPCIClassMatch</key>
   <string>0x03000000&0xff000000</string>

before this code:

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

in the NVD*.kexts and

before this code

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

in the GeForce.kext (see list below)

=============

GeForce.kext

NVDAResman.kext

NVDANV50Hal.kext

NVDANV40Hal.kext

NVDANV30Hal.kext

NVDANV20Hal.kext

NVDANV10Hal.kext

=============

in the Info.plist file of each of the above kexts.

To get to Info.plist file in each kext:

1. Navigate to /System/Library/Extensions

2. Find each kext one at a time, then right-click on kext icon, choosing "Show Package Contents", then open Contents folder to find Info.plist.

3. Open Info.plist file via Terminal using sudo nano etc., or right-click, choosing "Open With", and selecting your preferred Text Editor app; e.g.Text Edit, TextMate, TextWrangler, Property List Editor, or PlistEdit Pro etc.

4. Make changes to Info.plist and save modified file.

All of the

NVDANVxxHal.kexts in the list above are recommended to be fixed for class type identification, in case more than one NVDANVxxHal.kext is loaded and registered.....

Mysticus C*

nForce chipset MOBO "friendly"

Combo Updates / ISOs......

UPDATE May 2009 :

Mysticus C* has shown his willingness to develop nForce chipset MOBO "friendly" OS X Installer Packages and EVEN MORE.... WHEN SUPPORTED (Remember he is not in the Forbes 500 Rich List AND neither am I :rolleyes: ).....and wishes to continue doing so....as the Snow Leopard approaches.... ;)

You can make a PayPal donation (according to your personal circumstances and wishes) to Mysticus C* to support his continued work on nForce chipset "friendly" software...

BUT NOW you can also donate a nForce chipset laptop/desktop should you wish to......Login to become a donator.....

UPDATE March 2009 :

Mysticus C* Apple Delta/Combo Updates on nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBOs - Currently updates to 10.5.6 - can be found here....

ARCHIVE Mysticus C* SOFTWARE :

10.5.5 Updater Packages:

The Mysticus C* nForce Drivers Installer v1.2 and 10.5.5 Combo Update Patches v1.2.0 are BOTH now available here..... :thumbsup_anim:

At my request Mysticus C* has produced a standalone installer, primarily for nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO owners (although other users may benefit from it too....see installer options :) ) for the following advances of particular benefit to nForce chipset MOBOs:XDarwin's NVdarwin GFX card driver installer

eno's nForceLAN onboard LAN driver for nForce MOBOs

MercurySquad et al.'s Voodoo kernel

slashack's NForceATA Darwin ATA Drivers (enables more than 2GB or 3GB of RAM to be used)

incorporating Mysticus C*'s USB mount and controller fixes too

that will allow a post-OSx86 install on OSx86 10.5.2 and later........ALTHOUGH the installer is optimised for 10.5.5..... ;)

In his current version nForce Drivers Installer (v1.2), Mysticus C* has updated the current 0.62.3n beta version of eno's nForceLAN kext with the 0372-3 device IDs and provided it in two variants......one with the OptimizationMode set to 0 (for throughput-load optimization) andthe other set to 1 (for CPU-load optimization)....... :)

I have successfully run version 1.0 of Mysticus C*'s nForce Drivers installer on

(i) Kalyway 10.5.2 OSx86 Test System (

on an external USB2.0 [2 x 250GB SATA HDD] RAID enclosure running in BIG mode),

(ii) iDeneb v1.1 10.5.4 system, and

(iii) JaS 10.5.4 updated to 10.5.5 using Mysticus C*'s 10.5.5 Combo Updater Packages.

Both (ii) and (iii) are OSx86 Test Systems on an external eSATA [750GB SATA HDD] enclosure.

The installer runs successfully on my Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus (

650i nForce chipset) MOBO with Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 G0 Version CPU OC'd to 3.0GHz, Gigabyte NVidia GeForce 8600GT GFX card, 6GB 667MHza DDR2 RAM, 3xSATA HDDs, PATA DVDRW, 2 x onboard nForce MCP55/Marvell 88E1116 LAN controller/chipset, and Netgear GA311 RTL8169 chipset NIC.....

The installer options in version v1.2 are:

post-200327-1242863404_thumb.gif

BUT this does not mean that all of the installable kexts & kernel will run without error on your PC OSx86 system........

KERNEL & KEXT & SYSTEM UPDATES

1. slashack's AppleNForceATA.kext for nForce MOBOs

There is continuing good progress using the slashack AppleNForceATA kext to access RAM ≥ 3GB...... :D

The AppleNForceATA.kext v0.1 is working very well for most users; although some may have issues with DVD drives and others may have issues with the Voodoo kernel........see slashack's thread.....

2. eno's nForceLAN.kext for nForce MOBOs

There is continuing good progress using the eno nForceLAN kext...... :D

eno's latest nForceLAN onboard LAN driver ([0.62.13n] Code/dependency cleanup. Moved link timer to separate event source (testing). Invalid MAC is replaced by a pseudo-random number instead of a random one (should fix any iTunes issues).) allows HPET to remain enabled in BIOS since disabling HPET in BIOS may be an issue for users who dual boot Vista and OS X as HPET is recommended for Vista multimedia applications......see here.

3. Slice's USB2.0 kexts for Leopard (with Sleep support)

There is continuing good news regarding Slice's USB2.0 kexts....... :D

There is a new compilation by Slice from 10.5.7 sources, with a version change to 3.4.4 This version includes all previous fixes, new DeviceIDs and forced sleep capabilities even if it is not really supported (as discussed with Hafnium). All files tested in 10.5.5 so it compatible with old systems (Leopard only!). Download the kexts from his thread here.....

Download attachments to desktop

Double click to unzip

Enter Terminal

sudo -s

mkdir ~/Desktop/Off

cp -r -v ~/Desktop/*USB*.kext /S*/L*/E*/IOUSB*/C*/P*/

chown -R root:wheel /S*/L*/E*/IOUSB*/C*/P*/

rm -v /S*/L*/E*.mke*

diskutil repairpermissions /

reboot

4. Vanilla kernels and Voodoo kernels

My 650i MOBO does not like the 9.5.1 vanilla kernel.......while it does not always hang during the booting process......it comes up with messages like ".......disk not supported." and on one occasion when it reached the Desktop, moving the mouse away from the Hardware Monitor File tab just generated the Apple "spinning rainbow wheel".....but I did have the eno nForceLAN kext installed.... However, I did not have the eno nForceLAN kext installed the last time I installed the 9.5.1 vanilla kernel.....but on booting my system bootup screen froze after the following last four error lines appeared:

ERROR: Firewire unable to determine...... AppleNForceATA: found 0 units. AppleNForceATA::free( 0x98a9600)

I waited for over 10 minutes but no further boot progress beyond this point......

The first error line was repeated 10's of time before last appearance and disk3s5 is the HDD volume I was booting from: disk3s5: loctl (_IOW,'d',31,32) is unsupported.

9.5.1 vanilla is reported to also cause the loctl error on an Asus Striker II Extreme (790i chipset)...and reported not to work on a XFX 780i MOBO either..... :(

Same is likely to be true with the Vanilla 9.6.0 kernel......confirmed as I was able to boot Vanilla 9.6.0 only once without a KP at least for a few minutes........

USE VOODOO 9.5.0 RELEASE VERSION v1.0 kernel........Voodoo 9.6.0 under development.......see here........ :)

5. Leopard OS X 10.5.6

Successful clean system installation and subsequent operation of Leopard 10.5.6 on External eSATA HDD OS X volume partitioned as MBR connected to my system ......see my Sunday 28th December blog entry in my blog.....Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus (nForce 650i) + Q6600 running full CI/QE, USB 2.0, audio, networking (RTL8169 NIC), eSATA, and Firewire 400 (IEEE1394a) operation...... with subsequent manual installation of slashack's AppleNForceATA.kext for 6GB RAM operation..... :)

This success bodes well for Mysticus C* next surprise for nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBOS..... ;)

Kernel and/or Kext Testing

On my JaS 10.5.5 test system, I have run HighLoad v1.9.8 memtest on 5020MB to test out the 6GB RAM as regards causing kernel panics with Voodoo Beta 2C kernel and slashack's nForceATA.kext.......all tests passed without any kernel panics!..... :thumbsup_anim:for Voodoo Beta 2C kernel and slashack's nForceATA kext.

post-200327-1242863529_thumb.png

Voodoo Beta 2C now successfully replaced by Voodoo Release Version 1.0 Rev_A

LATEST TESTING NEWS

A. VoodooHDA.kext version 0.2.2 released.....see here......

Mute is now working.........autoswitching between speakers (unknown) on rear port and headphones on front port is still not working....

quicktime.gif Sound_Output_VoodooHDA_v2.2.tiff ( 47.49K ) Number of downloads: 7

quicktime.gif Sound_Input_VoodooHDAv2.2.tiff ( 47.75K ) Number of downloads: 3

quicktime.gif Audio_MIDI_Setup_VoodooHDAv2.2.tiff ( 60.63K ) Number of downloads: 3

B. Experimental Source for VoodooHDA released

.........see here and here.......

If you are unwilling to learn by doing.......jump to Step 5. to find my already compiled VoodooHDA.kext.......otherwise, continue learning by reading and doing.......

Download and install Xcode 3.1.2 if not already installed and download the VoodooHDA read-only source using Terminal:

sudo svn checkout http://voodoohda.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ voodoohda-read-only

which will generate a file list

and the "voodoohda-read-only" folder in /Users/"Logged-In User"/.....

2. In Terminal type

cd /Users/"Logged-In User"/voodoohda-read-only
   sudo su

3. At sh-3.2# prompt, type

./helper.sh build

In

the "voodoohda-read-only" folder, there will now be a "build" folder containing a "Debug" and "VoodooHDA.build" folder.......inside the"Debug" folder is the compiled VoodooHDA.kext.....

4. In Terminal, rename AppleHDA......

cd /System/Library/Extensions/
   sudo mv AppleHDA.kext AppleHDA.kext.back
   exit

5. Use Kext Helper b7 to install the now

compiled VoodooHDA.kext OR my already compiled VoodooHDA.kext....

6. Reboot with -v -f......You should hopefully hear an audio "crackle" during booting...... :)

What I find

on my Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus MOBO with Asus SupremeFX Audio Card (with AD1988b audio codec) is as follows:

quicktime.gif SysProfilerVoodooHDA.tiff ( 8.3K ) Number of downloads: 11

quicktime.gif Sound_Output_1.tiff ( 55.79K ) Number of downloads: 4

quicktime.gif Sound_Output_2.tiff ( 56.54K ) Number of downloads: 0

quicktime.gif Sound_Output_3.tiff ( 57.8K ) Number of downloads: 2

quicktime.gif Sound_Output_4.tiff ( 55.76K ) Number of downloads: 1

quicktime.gif Sound_Output_5.tiff ( 55.58K ) Number of downloads: 2

quicktime.gif Sound_Input_1.tiff ( 59.85K ) Number of downloads: 2

quicktime.gif Sound_Input_2.tiff ( 60.41K ) Number of downloads: 3

quicktime.gif Audio_MIDI_Setup.tiff ( 63.19K ) Number of downloads: 1

Rear sound-out ports working on Analog PCM #0: and Front sound-out ports working on Analog PCM #1:.......volume adjusted via Master or PCM.......autoswitching between ports is not working....

Sound Input ports and Digital PCM #2: have not been tested.......

C. Now available

THe KiNG's fix for the AD1998b audio codec on my Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus MOBO with Asus SupremeFX Audio Card....it now enables Line in and Mute....unlike the Taruga_AD1988b_Rev3 / Rev4 installer......

post-200327-1242863672_thumb.png

post-200327-1242863696_thumb.png

post-200327-1242863712_thumb.png

His Leopard HDAEnabler.kext and the AD1988b.HDA.FIX.kext, plus the necessary original 10.5.6 AppleHDA.kext can be got here......install all three kexts simultaneously using Kext Helper b7.......

FURTHER BREAKING NEWS: The following development from Verdant is a concept and work in progress......

"OSx86DeFacto" USB Flash Drive

OSx86 Install

DVD Booter

Reason for release:

There are many posters in my nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO topics reporting difficulties in installing OSx86 (i.e. OS X Leopard on x86 system) onto a SATA HDD, most often when using a SATA DVDRW (although it must be said that some posters even have difficulties with SATA/PATA, PATA/PATA, PATA/SATA DVDRW/HDD combinations generating the now infamous "still waiting for boot device" boot screen error).... :(

For an example of the convoluted routes that have had to be used to get a working OS X installation, see here...... :wallbash:

For this reason, I have decided to release now, what I still regard as a concept & as work in progress that I have developed into a working solution for myself and Yossarian22 to overcome the problem of OSx86Install DVDs that were OK (i.e. with no burn or patching errors) but which would not install OSx86......a USB Flash Drive OSx86 Install DVD Booter.......called "OSx86DeFacto"..... :angel:

My Concept:

My idea was generated by my use of XPostFacto, which is software that enables the installation of OS X Tiger on unsupported G3 and G4 PowerMacs......namely, the concept of being able to start the boot process using a bootloader supported fully by the computer system/hardware and then pass the initiated boot process onto the OS to be installed, which would then take the boot process forward to completion..... ;)

So, based on (i) having a MOBO that supports BIOS booting from USB devices and (ii) knowing that many (BUT not all) USB flash drivers can be formatted as bootable drives, I thought about using a USB flash drive to initiate booting via the Darwin non-EFI bootloader and to then pass the boot process over to the OSx86 Install DVD in the SATA or PATA DVDRW in order to bypass the SATA/PATA, PATA/PATA, PATA/SATA DVDRW/HDD combination "booting from DVDRW/HDD boot device recognition" issues..... :)

My Implementation:

I have been able to implement this concept ONLY by standing on the shoulders of OSx86 "giants" such as ToH, Kalyway, iATKOS, etc. and by using OSx86Tools by ~pcwiz, who likewise credits the various developers etc. who have brought OSx86 development to where it is now�� :thumbsup_anim:

Thus, I claim absolutely no credit for the component parts of the working solution that I have compiled...... :angel:

My Test Results in Blue (on my 650i MOBO)

and Beta Tester Results in Green

OSx86 install DVD=========================Booting passed to DVD===OS X Installer Launched

Kalyway Leopard 10.5.1------------------------------------------Yes (rd=diskXs2)----------------Yes

iATKOS v1.0r2 Leopard 10.5.1--------------------------------Yes (rd=diskXs3)----------------Yes

iATKOS v1.0r3 Leopard 10.5.1--------------------------------Yes (rd=diskXs3)----------------Yes

Kalyway Leopard 10.5.2------------------------------------------Yes (rd=diskXs2)----------------Yes

iATKOS v2.0i Leopard 10.5.2----------------------------------Yes (rd=diskXs3)----------------Yes

JaS Leopard 10.5.4 (unpatched)-----------------------------Yes (rd=diskXs2)-----------------Yes

JaS Leopard 10.5.4 (nForceATA patched)---------------Yes (rd=diskXs2)----------------Yes

iDeneb v1.1 Leopard 10.5.4------------------------------------Yes (rd=diskXs3)-----------------Yes

iPC OSx86 10.5.6 (Beta unpatched with PPF1)--------Yes (rd=diskXs2)----------------Yes

iDeneb v1.3 Leopard 10.5.5 (patched)---------------------Yes (rd=diskXs3)-----------------Yes (matticus on 630i)

iPC OSx86 10.5.6 (Final patched with V1.1 PPF)-----Yes (rd=diskXs2)-----------------Yes (meww on 780i)

Leo4all v3 10.5.2----------------------------------------------------Yes (rd=diskXs2)-----------------Yes (aly69 w/ Chameleon 2.0RC1 on 610i)

iATKOS v1.0r2 Leopard 10.5.1--------------------------------Yes (rd=diskXs3)----------------Yes

(mandaodex w/ Chameleon 2.0RC1 on 650i)

iPC OSx86 10.5.6 (Final patched with V1.1 PPF)-----Yes (rd=diskXs2)-----------------Yes (DSpdier w/ Chameleon 2.0 RC2 on 630i)

N.B. The value for X in rd=diskXs2 or rd=diskXs3 is dependent on the number of storage/media read/write devices connected to the MOBO.....X starts from 0 and Y starts from 1. For example, the first volume on the first internal HDD will have the Disk Indentifier of disk0s1, while the second volume will be disk0s2 and so on.

My Disclaimer:

(i) MYSELF AND MY ALPHA TESTER (YOSSARIAN22) HAVE nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBOs, THUS NO TESTING HAS BEEN DONE ON NON-nForce chipset (e.g. Intel, VIA, ATI) and/or NON-Intel CPU (i.e. AMD) MOBOs.

(ii) THUS, NO WARRANTY IS IMPLIED OR GIVEN AS TO WHETHER OR NOT OSx86DeFacto WILL WORK FOR YOU AS IT DOES FOR US, ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE AN AMD CPU MOBO, AND

(iii) REMEMBER NOT ALL USB FLASH DRIVES ARE BOOTABLE AND NOT ALL MOBO/BIOS COMBINATIONS PERMIT BIOS BOOTING FROM USB DEVICES....OSx86DeFacto REQUIRES A BOOTABLE USB FLASH DRIVE OF AT LEAST 256MB CAPACITY AND A MOBO/BIOS THAT WILL ENABLE BIOS BOOTING FROM OSx86DeFacto.

(iv) IT IS NEITHER GUARANTEED NOR CLAIMED NOR IMPLIED THAT OSx86DeFacto WILL ENABLE BOOTING OF EVERY OSx86 Install DVD DISTRIBUTION AND/OR OF A TESTED OSx86 Install DVD DISTRIBUTION ON EVERY PC SYSTEM.

My OSx86DeFacto Setup and Use Guide:

How to set up and use the OSx86DeFacto USB Flash Drive DVD OSx86 Install Booter:

Step 1. Obtain one or more 256MB USB Flash Drive (or higher capacity) to test for bootability, or only one if you know that it is bootable.

Step 2. Use the Partition function of Disk Utility in OS X on an Intel Mac to partition the USB Flash Drive as Master Boot Record (MBR) and format it as Mac OS Extended (Journaled) as a single partition or on the first volume as OSx86DeFacto.

Step 3. Use OSx86Tools to install the Darwin non-EFI bootloader onto the USB stick by clicking on Install EFI/Run FDISK, choosing for Disk to Use:

"OSx86DeFacto"

and for EFI to Install:

"No EFI (Darwin Bootloader)"

and then clicking on Install EFI button......if successful it should say "Non-EFI Bootloader installed!".

If No EFI (Darwin Bootloader) does not work for your MOBO, then try other bootloaders, e.g. PC_EFI v8, Chameleon 1.0.11, PC_EFI v9/Chameleon 1.0.12, Chameleon 2.0RC1.......

Step 4. Owners of nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBOs who post in my nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO topics, who I believe have exhausted all other options for solving their DVD and/or HDD OSx86 booting problems will be invited by myself to PM me to get the download link for OSx86DeFacto, which they must agree not to (i) post in the public domain, e.g. in this forum or in other fora and/or (ii) pass on to another person or persons without my agreement.

Step 5. Having downloaded the OSx86DeFacto.zip file, unzip it (using Unarchiver, BetterZip, Stuffit Expander, or whichever unzip software you use) to extract the OSx86DeFacto.dmg file.

Now you have two options for copying the OSx86DeFacto.dmg file onto the USB Flash Drive BUT REMEMBER WITH EITHER OPTION DO NOT SELECT THE OPTION TO ERASE THE TARGET VOLUME i.e. the USB Flash Drive!

Option A. Use Restore Function of OS X Disk Utility

Use "drag and drop" to place the OSx86DeFacto USB Flash Drive volume into the Destination: box, and click the Image button to navigate to the OSx86DeFacto.dmg file and select it as the Source, or use "drag and drop" to place the OSx86DeFacto.dmg file into the Source: box.

DO NOT CHECK (TICK) the Erase destination checkbox!!!!

Click on Restore button.

Option B. Use Carbon Copy Cloner

Use Carbon Copy Cloner 3.1.1 or 3.1.2,and click on "Select a source" and choose "Restore from disk image...." for the Source Disk and then click on "Select a target"and choose "USB_Boot_JaS_iATKOS.dmg" as the source, and for the Target, select your USB memory stick OS X volume "USB_JaS_iATKOS_Bootloader"..... Now choose for Cloning options: "Backup everything"

DO NOT SELECT "Erase the target volume" option or "Delete items that don't exist on the source"!!!!

Ignore the "The target volume will not be bootable because a required system file (bin) does not exist at the root of the source volume." warning message.

Step 6. Place the chosen OSx86 Install DVD in the SATA or PATA DVDRW of the PC onto which you want to install OSx86, then eject the USB Bootloader from your Intel Mac (or other OSx86PC) and plug it in your PC.

Step 7. Determine the value of X, in rd=diskXs2 or in rd=diskXs3 as appropriate for the chosen OSx86 Install DVD, based upon the number of the number of storage/media read/write devices connected to the MOBO (whether internal or external devices), noting that X starts from 0 and Y starts from 1.

For example, the first volume on the first internal HDD will have the Disk Indentifier of disk0s1, while the second volume will be disk0s2 and so on; a second internal two volume HDD would have disk1s1 and disk2s2.....

It is strongly recommended that, apart from the OSx86DeFacto USB Flash Drive, you have no external storage/media read/write devices connected to the MOBO......i.e no other external devices connected unless you are attempting to install OSx86 onto an external HDD [uSB2.0, eSATA, or Firewire IEEE1394a or IEEE1394b] and/or are using an external SATA or PATA DVDRW......it will simplify the matter of determining X for the SATA or PATA DVDRW..... :)

PLEASE INITIALLY TRY OSx86DeFacto WITH THE rd=diskXsY OPTIONS GIVEN IN THE TABLE BELOW according to the chosen OSX86 Distribution DVD and the deduced X value for the PC system volume onto which you want to install OSx86:

OSx86 install DVD=========================Booting passed to DVD===OS X Installer Launched

Kalyway Leopard 10.5.1------------------------------------------Yes (rd=diskXs2)----------------Yes

iATKOS v1.0r3 Leopard 10.5.1--------------------------------Yes (rd=diskXs3)----------------Yes

Kalyway Leopard 10.5.2------------------------------------------Yes (rd=diskXs2)----------------Yes

iATKOS v2.0i Leopard 10.5.2----------------------------------Yes (rd=diskXs3)----------------Yes

JaS Leopard 10.5.4 (unpatched)-----------------------------Yes (rd=diskXs2)-----------------Yes

JaS Leopard 10.5.4 (nForceATA patched)---------------Yes (rd=diskXs2)----------------Yes

iDeneb v1.1 Leopard 10.5.4------------------------------------Yes (rd=diskXs3)-----------------Yes

iPC OSx86 10.5.6 (Beta unpatched with PPF1)--------Yes (rd=diskXs2)----------------Yes

iDeneb v1.3 Leopard 10.5.5 (patched)---------------------Yes (rd=diskXs3)-----------------Yes (matticus on 630i)

iPC OSx86 10.5.6 (Final patched with V1.1 PPF)-----Yes (rd=diskXs2)-----------------Yes (meww on 780i)

Leo4all v3 10.5.2----------------------------------------------------Yes (rd=diskXs2)-----------------Yes (aly69 w/ Chameleon 2.0RC1 on 610i)

iATKOS v1.0r2 Leopard 10.5.1--------------------------------Yes (rd=diskXs3)----------------Yes (mandaodex w/ Chameleon 2.0RC1 on 650i)

iPC OSx86 10.5.6 (Final patched with V1.1 PPF)-----Yes (rd=diskXs2)-----------------Yes (DSpdier w/ Chameleon 2.0 RC2 on 630i)

I would suggest that for iATKOS v4i, iATKOS v4.1, iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5, you try rd=diskXs3.

For Leo4All v3 and other OSX86 Install DVDs, it will be a matter of initially trying rd=diskXs2 or rd=diskXs3.....there are so many now......

Step 8. Reboot your PC and press the F8 key (or whichever key you need to) IMMEDIATELY after the message "Press DEL to enter SETUP, Press TAB to display BIOS POST message" or similar appears on-screen, in order to bring up the message "Loading Boot Menu......" and when the PC BIOS "Boot Menu" window appears on-screen, select your USB flash memory drive from the list of bootable drives presented in the "Boot Menu", and press Enter......

When the Darwin Bootloader appears, press any key quickly and at the "boot:" prompt, type

-v  rd=diskXsY

where X is your deduced value and Y is either 2 or 3 (very unlikely to be an integer higher than 3)

and press Enter. If the bootloader starts loading kexts e.g. AppleNForceATA.....and freezes with "Still waiting for root device error", then the appropriate value for X in rd=diskXs2 or rd=diskXs3 has not been chosen (assuming of course that the DVD is not corrupted or damaged in any way)........so repeat Step 8 using "rd=disk3s2 -v"......etc. until booting from the OSx86 Install DVD occurs......

If booting from OSx86DeFacto fails with boot screen error messages and/or a kernel panic, and/or the booting process cannot be passed on to the OSx86 Install DVD no matter what X and Y values are tried, then I am very sorry BUT please read the DISCLAIMER above.

Below are block diagrams showing the 680i, 650i Ultra, 650i and 630i nForce chipset architectures to help thread readers understand more about nForce chipset MOBOs.....

post-200327-1242864744_thumb.gifpost-200327-1242863952_thumb.jpg

post-200327-1242863974_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone.....please post your Pre-Series nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO questions here.....as my original thread was closed without prior notice...... :)

UPDATE:

A POSSIBLE/PROBABLE/WORKING SOLUTION for users of nForce 610i, 620i and 630i chipset MOBOs having problems using the AppleNForceATA.kext(s) and resolving the infamous "still waiting for root device" error :

According to thorazine74 here :

I did a little google searching and it seems there is many more south bridges that declare to be AHCI-compliant nowadays, here its the list I could compile from various sources (mainly linux drivers):

- NVIDIA:

MCP65 (nForce 560?),

MCP67 (nForce 610/630a?),

MCP73 (nForce 610i/630i),

MCP77, MCP79, MCP7B [not sure what are the right nForce names for the MCP code-names...]

- AMD: SB600, SB700, SB750, SB800

- VIA: VT8251

- SIS: 966, 968

- ULI: M1573, M1575, M1697, M5288

- MARVELL: 88SE6121, 88SE6145

- PROMISE: PDC42819

Also some Silicon Image SteelVine series support AHCI but not sure which chipsets are...

It could be interesting to test if any of this chipsets work with the ahci driver supplied by Apple. I've read some of them have various quirks that prevents them to work with a pure ahci driver (in Linux) without patches but others seem to be pretty standard, nobody tried to run any of those in AHCI or RAID mode with the AppleAHCIport?

If they work with the AHCI driver it should be much better than using AppleViaATA or similar things.

Best candidates could be the nForce chipsets as the vanilla driver already supports MCP79...

If we find out some of those work without troubles or data corruption we could add the ids to the AHCI driver.

So if your nForce MOBO BIOS 610i or 620i or 630i has a SATA Mode with (IDE, RAID, AHCI) as options or a RAID Mode with (IDE, RAID, AHCI), then set it to [AHCI] mode......or even if it has no BIOS option to set AHCI mode explicitly and/or has SATA Mode pre-set to [RAID] mode, consider the following successful case studies.....

Installing AppleAHCIPort.kext and IntelAHCISata on his MSI MCP73/Nforce610i has worked for thepraxXx......see here....and here.....

Installing System -> SATA/IDE -> Generic IDE option in the Customize menu of iATKOSv7 10.5.7 OS X distro on his ECS GF7050VT-M 610i MCP73V MOBO (with AHCI mode set, IDE DVDROM and IDE HDD for OS X) has worked for silaisa.....see here.......and here......

Installing System, SATA/IDE, and Generic IDE options in the Customize menu of iATKOSv7 10.5.7 OS X distro on his ACER MCP73PV ECS 630i MOBO (for which setting AHCI mode not a BIOS option, using PATA DVDRW as Master and PATA HDD as Slave) has worked for nevel.....see here......

Note the MCP designations for 610i versus 620i chipsets:

NVIDIA’s GeForce® 7050/NVIDIA nForce® 610 (MCP73V)

GeForce7050/NVIDIA nForce 620 (MCP73VE)

Hi everyone.....please post your Pre-Series nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO questions here.....as my original thread was closed without prior notice...... :unsure:

Access to the best support is always welcome, and glad its back up...

P.S. First Post - sorry couldn't help it...

Update:

Just thought of a real question... I know Mysticus is busy with a few outside things, and I was wondering if there was any news on a 10.5.7 update?

Access to the best support is always welcome, and glad its back up...

P.S. First Post - sorry couldn't help it...

Update:

Just thought of a real question... I know Mysticus is busy with a few outside things, and I was wondering if there was any news on a 10.5.7 update?

I know that he has one sorted already for the Samsung NC10, so hopefully one for nForce should not be too far away.......I will ask him for an ETA......

is it possible to install the retail version? because im getting crazy with this custom distros, i reinstalled ipc here and it is crashing every 10minutes.

If you have a Retail OS X 10.5.6 DVD, you are welcome to try (without any guarantee that it will work with only -v rather than -v -x or -v -f for you) my nForce ISO, which I can successfully run with

rd(0,1)/mach_kernel.voodoo -v boot-uuid=10.5.6 Retail DVD uuid

to get into the Retail OS X 10.5.6 DVD installer.......

I have thus installed Retail OS X 10.5.6 on a 18GB USB HDD (HDD is unfortunately very slow as ATA66 and 4200rpm) partitioned/formatted as GPT/HFS+, with Chameleon 2.0 RC1 as the bootloader.....I am in the process of testing out the Retail OS X 10.5.6 install.....

If you have a Retail OS X 10.5.6 DVD, you are welcome to try (without any guarantee that it will work with only -v rather than -v -x or -v -f for you) my nForce ISO, which I can successfully run with

rd(0,1)/mach_kernel.voodoo -v boot-uuid=10.5.6 Retail DVD uuid

to get into the Retail OS X 10.5.6 DVD installer.......

I have thus installed Retail OS X 10.5.6 on a 18GB USB HDD (HDD is unfortunately very slow as ATA66 and 4200rpm) partitioned/formatted as GPT/HFS+, with Chameleon 2.0 RC1 as the bootloader.....I am in the process of testing out the Retail OS X 10.5.6 install.....

Hi verdant i have been having problems with my ipc 10.5.6 universal installation i need to know how can i install it. The only way i get it working is y booting it by -v -x cpus=1 but the normal way i get the kernel panic. Anyway these are my specs

ECS NF650iSLIT-A ,NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI chipset, Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600, 4 cores, 2.4GHz stock,IDE LG DVD CD DVD+R DVD -R RW CD RW Burner,Segate 250 GB HDD SATA,nvidia 8400 gs geforce 512 mb ddr2,realtek audio al883, nforce lan marvel yukon 8e116 4 GB RAM DDR2.

Out of these what should i pick for a stable installation on ipc osx86 10.5.6 final universal?

Here is the link for the driver installation options on ipc website http://######.com/ipcosx86/?page_id=96

I have already read your thread about nforce chipsets and i have downloaded the bios setup but i still not getting this distribution to work properly in my computer.By the way i have patched this ipc distribution with ppf 1,2,3,4,5 and ppf v1.1 which are available at ipc website. If you can help me i would be greatly appreciated.Thank You

Hi verdant i have been having problems with my ipc 10.5.6 universal installation i need to know how can i install it. The only way i get it working is y booting it by -v -x cpus=1 but the normal way i get the kernel panic. Anyway these are my specs

ECS NF650iSLIT-A ,NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI chipset, Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600, 4 cores, 2.4GHz stock,IDE LG DVD CD DVD+R DVD -R RW CD RW Burner,Segate 250 GB HDD SATA,nvidia 8400 gs geforce 512 mb ddr2,realtek audio al883, nforce lan marvel yukon 8e116 4 GB RAM DDR2.

Out of these what should i pick for a stable installation on ipc osx86 10.5.6 final universal?

Here is the link for the driver installation options on ipc website http://######.com/ipcosx86/?page_id=96

I have already read your thread about nforce chipsets and i have downloaded the bios setup but i still not getting this distribution to work properly in my computer.By the way i have patched this ipc distribution with ppf 1,2,3,4,5 and ppf v1.1 which are available at ipc website. If you can help me i would be greatly appreciated.Thank You

Assuming your PATA (IDE) DVDRW is jumpered and connected as Master and your BIOS is set up for OS X 650i, then since you have 4GB RAM on the MOBO, boot the install DVD with -v cpus=1 maxmem=2048 and in the Customize Menu do not initially select a video, network and audio driver......these can be installed after you have got the basic OS X system running OK....

Choose in Customize as follows:

iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Base System (installed by default with AppleDecrypt.kext and Disabler.kext)

Language Translations - Optional

iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Intel AMD SSE2 SSE3

Kernels - 9.5.0 Voodoo Kernel

Drivers - Video Drivers - NVIDIA - None

Drivers - Chipset Drivers - AppleNForceATA nForce Drivers

Drivers - Audio Drivers - None

Drivers - Ethernet Drivers - None

Drivers - USB Drivers - Patched USB Drivers

Fixes and Patches - Seatbelt.kext 10.5.5 (must be installed if Voodoo 9.5.0 kernel is installed)

Fixes and Patches - AppleSMBIOS Patch - AppleSMBIOS-27 Rev3 Mac Pro

Applications - Optional but all can be selected except Marvin's AMD Utility

then reboot with -v -f and report what you see....... ;)

great Another problem.......

I plugged in yesterday my 160 GB hard drive PATA in my pc windows detected it fine ok....

but IPC doesn't recongnise it, like it doesn't exsit

I have installed the AppleNForceATA drivers

also it doesnt detect my pci cards

Thanks

aly

great Another problem.......

I plugged in yesterday my 160 GB hard drive PATA in my pc windows detected it fine ok....

but IPC doesn't recongnise it, like it doesn't exsit

I have installed the AppleNForceATA drivers

also it doesnt detect my pci cards

Thanks

aly

1. If you have a PATA DVDRW jumper set the HDD as Slave and connect it to the middle connector on your 80-wire IDE cable......or if no PATA DVDRW jumper set the HDD as Master and connect it to the end connector on your 80-wire IDE cable......or if you have a PATA DVDRW and two MOBO IDE channels, jumper set both devices as Master and connect to the end connector on the IDE cable connected to each IDE channel.....

2. Check that your MOBO PATA controller device is an nForce controller and that its ID is in the supported ID list

Below, a list of device+vendor id for supported pata/sata chipsets by this kext:

PATA: 0x01bc10de 0x006510de 0x008510de 0x00d510de 0x00e510de 0x003510de 0x005310de 0x026510de 0x036e10de 0x03ec10de

SATA: 0x008e10de 0x00e310de 0x00ee10de 0x003610de 0x003e10de 0x005410de 0x005510de 0x026610de 0x026710de 0x037e10de 0x037f10de 0x03e710de 0x03f610de 0x03f710de 0x045c10de 0x045d10de 0x045e10de 0x045f10de

Know AHCI SATA enabled chipset device+vendor id: 0x044c10de 0x044d10de 0x044e10de 0x044f10d 0x055010de 0x055110de 0x055210de 0x055310de 0x056010de 0x055410de 0x058410de

Know AHCI PATA chipsets device+vendor id: 0x056010de 0x056010de 0x056c10de 0x075910de

If your chipset is in the "Know AHCI SATA enabled chipsets" then you CANNOT USE THIS KEXT!

If your chipset is in the "Know AHCI PATA enabled chipsets" then you can try to use this kext for the pata handling, but this is not tested, so try at your own risk!

3. If your MOBO PATA controller is not nForce, then you will need to install the appropriate chipset driver......

@ Walnut9

For sorting out 2.39 ghz unknown cpu see my blog entry here.......

For audio with ALC883, install the two kexts here and in audio and MIDI configuration select the aggregate fix to enable 5.1 channel, and you may get surround sound.....or check out the ALC883 kexts here or try VoodooHDA v0.2.2.......

For Ethernet use nForceLAN 0.62.13n or 0.62.12n from here..........

For graphics use NVdarwin v1.25 or CoreVidia v1.1.....but ensure that you have IOPCIClass matched the nVidia video kexts.....see post #1 in this thread.......

Hi all.

I´m passing by to say that I updated my system today with Mysticus C* package. ;)

I´m running 10.5.7.

In mysticus forum, the steps says it´s not to be used in nForce chipsets, but as I´m a stuborn kiddo, I tried and for my surprise worked fine. :(

Cheers to all.

bb.

post-223908-1243447585_thumb.png

@ bb Hi ya.......I will still be testing the nForce patch because of its goodies......... :rolleyes:

@ bb Hi ya.......I will still be testing the nForce patch because of its goodies......... ;)

Hi m8.

Well, I installed it just to see what happens, and for my surprise worked fine. :wacko:

But in a near future, when you tell me that the patch is finished, that there will be no more chances, I may do it again. :unsure:

What happened to my system was minor issues. In fact caused by myself. Didn´t choose any sound and lan kexts. I believe that the update wouldn´t change it in the system but it did. When rebooting there were no sound and no LAN. I had to reinstall my realtek driver and the LAN i didn´t fix it because I don´t use my nForceLAN card anyway. But I´ll reinstall the en0´s nForceLAN to fix it up. :unsure:

Gotta go back to work.

If I knew that home office would make me work till this late, never had started it. LOL. Just kidding.

C ya all.

Cheers.

BB.

Hey Verdant......can u help me install either iAtkos 5i or Leo4all v2 (coz i hav both the discs)......my specs are Intel P4 HT 3GHz, 2GB RAM, XFX Nvidia 630i/Geforce 7100 motherboard, 160GB HDD(SATA) + 40GB HDD(IDE)........i burned iAtkos 5i on a DVD...but when i boot from it....it keeps restarting ....the cursor moves a little but then it restarts.....can u help me???

Even Leo4all ....i cant install.....i wanna use Leopard......but this happens.......i get many errors...plz help me..thanks

Hey Verdant......can u help me install either iAtkos 5i or Leo4all v2 (coz i hav both the discs)......my specs are Intel P4 HT 3GHz, 2GB RAM, XFX Nvidia 630i/Geforce 7100 motherboard, 160GB HDD(SATA) + 40GB HDD(IDE)........i burned iAtkos 5i on a DVD...but when i boot from it....it keeps restarting ....the cursor moves a little but then it restarts.....can u help me???

Even Leo4all ....i cant install.....i wanna use Leopard......but this happens.......i get many errors...plz help me..thanks

Is your DVDRW a PATA or a SATA drive......?

What is your MOBO RAM......?

Set you BIOS settings according to the 630i OS X settings in my thread here......

Are you wanting to install OS X on the SATA HDD or on the IDE HDD.....? and do you want to dual boot with Windows or Linux.....?

Hello I'm a noob in the osx world.

PC:

BFG nforce 680I sli (Last bios p31 I think)

Intel E6600 dual core stock speed

XFX 8800 GTS 320mb Nvidia vga

2 GB DDR 800 Kingston RAM

4 Sata internal Hard Disks (2 with personal files ntfs from windows, 1 with windows 7 ntfs and 1 with Leopard HFS+journal).

2 P-ata IDE DVD drives (NEC ND-4571 AND PLEXTOR PX116A)

Audigy 2 pci platinum sound card

Nforce Lan

MONITOR EIZO 19" CRT F730

Nforce sata controller

I Installed Kalyway_10.5.2 and I updated to 10.5.6 via update package successfully thanks to your instructions.

The options I used on the final installation (nforce chipset update package) were:

Voodoo Kernel

NForceATA -3+GB fix

Nforce LAN (MSI-Enabled)

NVDarwin 1.2.5

Quick Time Mouse lag fix

Chameleon + PC EFI V9

After that I installed CoreVidia 1.1version 320mb.

The problems are:

1. I don't have permission to modify (change, delete, move,) files in all the hard disks except the partition that has OSX installed.

2.I have not installed drivers for my audigy 2 platinum and therefore no sound. I tried with the kXAudioDriver-1.2b1.dmg but it gives always a kernel panic when OS tries to mount the image.

3. I can't change the standard resolution 1024*768 to a proper 1280*1024 and maybe even more if it's needed by some programs.

4. Some applications like harwaregrowler, photo booth, vlc and dvd player seems to not work.

The Questions:

1. Did I miss anything to install that I may need? Maybe that's why some applications are not working.

2. Can I do something to have sound from Audigy? (maybe I should try another kernel but I don't know how to choose).

3. Can I persuade the OS that my rig is capable to display resolutions up to 1600x1200@92Hz easily?

4. Most Important what can I do to be able to use all of my hard disks?

5. Would it be wise to upgrade to 10.5.7 for my hardware parts?

Please enlighten me.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Hello I'm a noob in the osx world.

PC:

BFG nforce 680I sli (Last bios p31 I think)

Intel E6600 dual core stock speed

XFX 8800 GTS 320mb Nvidia vga

2 GB DDR 800 Kingston RAM

4 Sata internal Hard Disks (2 with personal files ntfs from windows, 1 with windows 7 ntfs and 1 with Leopard HFS+journal).

2 P-ata IDE DVD drives (NEC ND-4571 AND PLEXTOR PX116A)

Audigy 2 pci platinum sound card

Nforce Lan

MONITOR EIZO 19" CRT F730

Nforce sata controller

I Installed Kalyway_10.5.2 and I updated to 10.5.6 via update package successfully thanks to your instructions.

The options I used on the final installation (nforce chipset update package) were:

Voodoo Kernel

NForceATA -3+GB fix

Nforce LAN (MSI-Enabled)

NVDarwin 1.2.5

Quick Time Mouse lag fix

Chameleon + PC EFI V9

After that I installed CoreVidia 1.1version 320mb.

The problems are:

1. I don't have permission to modify (change, delete, move,) files in all the hard disks except the partition that has OSX installed.

2.I have not installed drivers for my audigy 2 platinum and therefore no sound. I tried with the kXAudioDriver-1.2b1.dmg but it gives always a kernel panic when OS tries to mount the image.

3. I can't change the standard resolution 1024*768 to a proper 1280*1024 and maybe even more if it's needed by some programs.

4. Some applications like harwaregrowler, photo booth, vlc and dvd player seems to not work.

The Questions:

1. Did I miss anything to install that I may need? Maybe that's why some applications are not working.

2. Can I do something to have sound from Audigy? (maybe I should try another kernel but I don't know how to choose).

3. Can I persuade the OS that my rig is capable to display resolutions up to 1600x1200@92Hz easily?

4. Most Important what can I do to be able to use all of my hard disks?

5. Would it be wise to upgrade to 10.5.7 for my hardware parts?

Please enlighten me.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

To mount .dmg files properly with Voodoo 9.5.0 you need to install the version 10.5.5 seatbelt.kext......

OS X naturally is only capable of reading NTFS formatted volumes......to enable OS X NTFS read/write capability you need to install NTFS-3G/MacFuse or buy Paragon NTFS-Mac.....

For Audigy 2 see this thread especially post #1 to check for any issues after installation...

You should either have NVdarwin.kext or CoreVidia.kext in the Extensions directory NOT both.....and if you cannot change resolutions on the fly from the Finder menu bar, try switching your monitor cable connector to the other video port (usually the one nearest the MOBO) on your graphics card.......

Is your DVDRW a PATA or a SATA drive......?

What is your MOBO RAM......?

Set you BIOS settings according to the 630i OS X settings in my thread here......

Are you wanting to install OS X on the SATA HDD or on the IDE HDD.....? and do you want to dual boot with Windows or Linux.....?

My Mobo RAM is 2GB......and On-board graphics is 256MB. I have a SATA DVD drive.and i want to install OSX on a SATA or IDE drive(u can tell me which 1 is better).....and yes i want to dual boot Vista.thanks

;)

Im sorry if i posted twice.......because...i really want to use OSX.......but i cant make it to work...i dont even reach the loading screen.....that is because i dont know properly.......with your help it will work

Hello,

@Evander: I 've tried 4 installation disks on my 680i board (Iatkos, leo4all, ideneb and kalyway).

They all had problems in booting from cd. The only thing that worked was Kalyway 10.5.2 without F8 in booting (if I was trying only booting with -v I would never see the installation screen).

@Verdant: Thanks man, your support is awesome. Everything is almost working now. I have 3 more questions in case you can help:

1. Is there any guide of how to update from 10.5.6 to 10.5.7? Like the excellent guide: "Running Mysticus 10.5.6 Delta/Combo Updaters on a DESKTOP PC" that you have already provided for upgrading to 10.5.6.

2. Is there anything that can fix a time problem that I have? Every time I boot in OSX my time is changed by +4 hours. This change remains after that if I boot in windows 7. So, for now I have to constantly synchronize my clock with internet time in both OS to have the correct time.

3. Is there anything you know about how could I enable the front panel of my audigy 2 platinum card?

Until now: Nforce sata, lan, usb, chipset and geforce 888gts 320, audigy 2 platinum soundcard are working great on 10.5.6 kalyway fully updated. Thanks again for your efforts Verdant!

Hello,

@Evander: I 've tried 4 installation disks on my 680i board (Iatkos, leo4all, ideneb and kalyway).

They all had problems in booting from cd. The only thing that worked was Kalyway 10.5.2 without F8 in booting (if I was trying only booting with -v I would never see the installation screen).

@Verdant: Thanks man, your support is awesome. Everything is almost working now. I have 3 more questions in case you can help:

1. Is there any guide of how to update from 10.5.6 to 10.5.7? Like the excellent guide: "Running Mysticus 10.5.6 Delta/Combo Updaters on a DESKTOP PC" that you have already provided for upgrading to 10.5.6.

2. Is there anything that can fix a time problem that I have? Every time I boot in OSX my time is changed by +4 hours. This change remains after that if I boot in windows 7. So, for now I have to constantly synchronize my clock with internet time in both OS to have the correct time.

3. Is there anything you know about how could I enable the front panel of my audigy 2 platinum card?

Until now: Nforce sata, lan, usb, chipset and geforce 888gts 320, audigy 2 platinum soundcard are working great on 10.5.6 kalyway fully updated. Thanks again for your efforts Verdant!

1. There soon will be one for 10.5.7......but you can follow Mystiquemacus' short form guide now if you wish........ :)

2. Check my blog entry on correcting OS Desktop clock time diferences...... :P

3. Sorry not really........not using a CS Audigy 2 Platinum, it is not someting I have looked into..........

hi verdant i have problems enabling qe on xfx 8400 gs 512 mb card here is a screenshoot

post-432966-1244237880_thumb.jpg

As you can see i don't have QE Enabled also my 22'' acer p223w is not recognized. how can i fix this?

any help would be greatly appreciated

hi verdant i have problems enabling qe on xfx 8400 gs 512 mb card here is a screenshoot

post-432966-1244237880_thumb.jpg

As you can see i don't have QE Enabled also my 22'' acer p223w is not recognized. how can i fix this?

any help would be greatly appreciated

Try my 10.5.6 video kexts.....install them with Kext Helper b7 and use NVdarwin 1.2.5...... :)

Try my 10.5.6 video kexts.....install them with Kext Helper b7 and use NVdarwin 1.2.5...... :)

hi verdant i did what you said but after i installed the kext and the dawin the system boots but it hangs on a black screen before it doesn't allow me to do anything, literally i am stuck here if you can give me a hand repIring this issue how can i change it back to the way it was because i had some files on that partition and i don't wanna reinstall this and loose all my data. how can i repair this?