About This File

UPDATE: Thanks to the efforts of RehabMan, Clover/Chameleon both have kernel PM patches built in to deal with the CPU checks in newer revisions. You'd be better off using one of those instead of this kernel now. It has been rendered obsolete by his patches.

ORIGINAL CONTENT: I compiled this kernel from Apple's source and since they don't include XCPM in their source, this kernel is without it. This kernel is recommended to anyone who experiences instant reboots with the vanilla 10.9 kernel. With the exception of lacking XCPM, this kernel is completely unaltered from the vanilla stock version. A patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext from 10.8.5 is REQUIRED if you expect CPUPM functionality.

Please consider rating this if you found it useful. Thank you and enjoy. :D

Credit to RehabMan for discovering XCPM isn't included in Apple's sources when he compiled his 10.9 kernel.

Thanks to ameris_cyning for reminding me to add the patched AICPUPM requirement.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

really worked for my haswell inspiron 7737 with boot arguments -x -f GraphicsEnabler=No    when the grey screen appears wait about 5 mins before installation window loads

No probs

I had to ensure to tell people this because of my {censored} up

I patched a 10.9 AICPM.kext not knowing about how much the Mavericks kext had changed

So, after seeing my CPU temps at 100c+, I kinda thought something was very wrong.

So yes, don't use a Patched 10.9 AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext if you are on Haswell. It must be from 10.8, before the drastic kernel changes.

how does one go about transplanting this file?

I'm now not too sure if i did it correctly,

as I'm still unsuccessful at getting installation usb to load installer on a g3220.

it used to freeze on xcpm: registered (left it for hours),

now it doesn't produce that error but it stops at hfs: mounted USB on device root_device.

tried a bunch of flags but still hangs here.

any thoughts or input?

@aceshigh, Like all OS X kernels, this one too only needs r/x perms to function. Even a simple drag to destination copy will provide these and it will work like it's supposed to.

Also, you should make a thread to get assistance with your issues. They are not related to the operation of my kernel and are thus, off topic conversation and will lead to confusion. Thanks.

Why the wiki page states this is a patched_kernel working with many AMD CPU?

and link here?

Let me understand, please! :)

Why the wiki page states this is a patched_kernel working with many AMD CPU?

and link here?

Let me understand, please! :)

I'm confused. If you are asking if this will work for AMDs then the answer will probably be no. I don't use AMDs and as such I have no way of testing the kernel with them. This kernel is based off Apple's stock 10.9 kernel. The only change in it is the removal of XCPM. If you can't boot using a vanilla, stock 10.9 kernel, then you probably won't be able to boot with this either. Hope that answers your question.

I understand, probably I've to look somewhere else.

This is the page I was talking about, following the link on the [4] next to "

AnV 10.9.0 mach_kernel

"

Is this kernel working for Intel Haswell Pentiums? (like g3020 ?)

Also does it work for 10.9.5 ?

1) I don't have a Haswell Pentium to test with. If they share the same internal workings, then I don't see why it wouldn't work. Give it a shot to find out. ;p

2) It was built using sources for 10.9.0, so that's all I can safely guarantee it'll work with but it's likely to work on anything from 10.9.x.

Thanks to the efforts of RehabMan, Clover/Chameleon both have kernel PM patches built in to deal with the CPU checks in newer revisions. You'd be better off using one of those instead of this kernel now. It has been rendered obsolete by his patches.

1) I don't have a Haswell Pentium to test with. If they share the same internal workings, then I don't see why it wouldn't work. Give it a shot to find out. ;p

2) It was built using sources for 10.9.0, so that's all I can safely guarantee it'll work with but it's likely to work on anything from 10.9.x.

Thanks to the efforts of RehabMan, Clover/Chameleon both have kernel PM patches built in to deal with the CPU checks in newer revisions. You'd be better off using one of those instead of this kernel now. It has been rendered obsolete by his patches.

So if i use clover it will make my haswell pentium work?  is this confirmed?

So if i use clover it will make my haswell pentium work?  is this confirmed?

Again, confirmed no. You're best bet is to just test it.

Again, confirmed no. You're best bet is to just test it.

I havent bought the CPU yet, im looking for a confirmation because im not gonna buy it if its not working. And i cannot find a clear answer anywhere..