Chime!

steake

8 posts in this topic

Hello and welcome to my post

This thread is to discuss possible ways to get that lovely boot up chime back in OSx86

I'm relatively sure in a real mac the boot chime is built into the ROM of the machine , but I'm looking for a workaround something in EFI loader v8 or Darwin x86 boot. if this is but a pipe dream then let me know but those gurus out there who want a challenge, lets see if we can make this happen.

Note. I know The bootX file in OSx86 does nothing, just letting you know. :P

Hello and welcome to my post

This thread is to discuss possible ways to get that lovely boot up chime back in OSx86

I'm relatively sure in a real mac the boot chime is built into the ROM of the machine , but I'm looking for a workaround something in EFI loader v8 or Darwin x86 boot. if this is but a pipe dream then let me know but those gurus out there who want a challenge, lets see if we can make this happen.

yasawagiwkotc

(yet another with a good idea without knowledge of the computer)

Anyway, yes it is in the boot rom. Of course it is possible to add it to your bios, but you must a) customize it to your soundcard :whistle: have enough space for the soundfile in your bios c) program this. I guess you might want to a, most likely not be able to do b, and absolutely not do c.