Asus P5K Pro cant' boot kalyway 10.5.2 " stil waiting for root device"

12 posts in this topic

I have mac installed on it but only using a flat image from version 10.5.1 osx86 but i cant get my ide dvd-rom working . at this moment im trying to install this new version of kalyway but i gives me the following error " ApleVIAATA VIAATA Unknown... and after it "still waiting for root device" , i believe this happens because of the marvell 88se61xx ( in my case is 88se6102) ide controller , do i have to install a sata dvd drive? i really want to boot in to the installation os kalyway 10.5.2 . can anybody help me please?

I have mac installed on it but only using a flat image from version 10.5.1 osx86 but i cant get my ide dvd-rom working . at this moment im trying to install this new version of kalyway but i gives me the following error " ApleVIAATA VIAATA Unknown... and after it "still waiting for root device" , i believe this happens because of the marvell 88se61xx ( in my case is 88se6102) ide controller , do i have to install a sata dvd drive? i really want to boot in to the installation os kalyway 10.5.2 . can anybody help me please?

yes ,the best solution is a sata dvd drive and it should work nicely.

xris you have to change your sata controller to ahci , try to disable any floppy drives , put the suspend mode in S3 disable the intel step function on cpu enable cpu disable bit and enable acpi support that worked for me with the flat image

• 4 months later...