Genuine Apple graphics in a hackintosh

!Shaun!

6 posts in this topic

Is it possible for me to run a genuine apple graphics card without patching in leopard, shutdown issues are annoying me a bit now and since i've set a good budget to get my Dell XPS 420 working near as perfect as possible i don't see why not anyone can help me there?

Finally will the graphics card be able to work in windows? (if i decide to even use it)

Thanks, Shaun. :)

Nope it not!

It uses a different part of the graphics controller's controller chip. just as you will have to flash a PC card to work in a Mac, you have to do the same vice versa

Is it possible for me to run a genuine apple graphics card without patching in leopard, shutdown issues are annoying me a bit now and since i've set a good budget to get my Dell XPS 420 working near as perfect as possible i don't see why not anyone can help me there?

Finally will the graphics card be able to work in windows? (if i decide to even use it)

Thanks, Shaun. :)

It is not the OS!

Your Dell 420 won't recognize the card as your MB will not be able to "speak" to the chip on the Graphicscard!

So if you stick it in, and it is the only card you will get a display error(beeps). if you boot from you original card you had, the secondary card(mac) won't work because you Dell won't know its there! If you rewrite the bios on the Mac card is becomes as good as a PC card! so you loose all the enhanced features it might have had to work on a Mac!

SticMAN

Thanks for the quick reply so i won't work in windows but mac os x only is that correct?

Thanks.

It is not the OS!

Your Dell 420 won't recognize the card as your MB will not be able to "speak" to the chip on the Graphicscard!

So if you stick it in, and it is the only card you will get a display error(beeps). if you boot from you original card you had, the secondary card(mac) won't work because you Dell won't know its there! If you rewrite the bios on the Mac card is becomes as good as a PC card! so you loose all the enhanced features it might have had to work on a Mac!

SticMAN

Thanks I was gonna buy this !