MySQL?

Proteo

9 posts in this topic

Has anybody sucessfully installed MySQL? I'm having massive troubles with it, I've tried three different builds and no one seems to work, not even the last Tiger-compatible build.

If somebody has done it, please let me know it, thanks in advance.

Kaliman

• 5 months later...

I too was unable to get Mysql running. I'm not doing my own builds though, just following the instructions and running the mysql-standard-5.0.18-osx10.4-i686.dmg download. It goes through the install fine, but when I try to start the server or just run the mysql client I get a "Bad executable (or shared library)" error. I'm running the 10.4.1 dev build on a P4. Any suggestions?

a little off-topic:

CocoaMySQL 0.6.5 and 0.7.1beta are building out of the box, BUT:

- 0.6.5 sais it cannot connect (but it doesn't even try to send a packet. checked with tcpdump)

- 0.7.1 connects, shows databases, tables but any data query dies (checked with mysql debug and no query is sent to the server anyway after initial show databases, show version, show tables)

Any ideas?

A few obviouse question:

1. have you set up "connect from outside IP" on your db control panel?

2. double check your router to see if the port mysql uses are open?

I use UB CocoaMySQL on my lan to connect to my network webserver with no problems. I have not tried to connect to outside db because I have no access to one atm.

Hmm, maybe there is a compatability issue with the CocoaMYSQL SBG and mysql 4.1. I'm running CocoaMYSQL SBG and MySQL 5.x and I can connect fine.

If you don't/can't get info with CocoaMYSQL SBG dev, create a test db and pm me the test db name, db username, and db password and i can try to connect to your webserver.

1. what is that? the mysql server is not on Mac OS, it's a Linux and 0.7.1 connects without problems but queries are not running.

what webserver control panel are you running? plesk, cpanel, or other?

I'm talking about a MySQL server (installed by me, working with anything else) and a MySQL client (CocoaMySQL-SBG) which is not working. I don't have webhosting, it's just a plain database for another application. Doesn't matter, anyway. The problem is in Mac OS. It just doesn't connect (0.6.5) or it stalls after retrieving tables for a database. Should perform "select * from something when I try to retreive data, but nothing happens).