Apple store - jobs

5 posts in this topic

It's been a while since I left Apple (3.5 yeas), but when I was a Mac Genius, they paid quite a bit more than a technician position at somewhere like CompUSA or BestBuy, but quite a bit less than someone with the knowledge and experience needed for a Mac Genius position could get elsewhere (private consulting, maintaining Macs for a school system, etc). I don't know if that's still the case or not though.

my friend started working at 11 and hour... full benefits, you get 10-25% off all purchases... and 20% off at&t cell phone plan.... he got iphone 8 gig for 300 and now has 20% off his plan o.O i'm so jealous...

Of course they have the normal health, and yada yada... but the tech discounts are the best.... (even if they aren't that practical)

Btw hes just a sales person, he lives in north Jersey just outside of NYC

my friend started working at 11 and hour... full benefits, you get 10-25% off all purchases... and 20% off at&t cell phone plan.... he got iphone 8 gig for 300 and now has 20% off his plan o.O i'm so jealous...

Of course they have the normal health, and yada yada... but the tech discounts are the best.... (even if they aren't that practical)

Btw hes just a sales person, he lives in north Jersey just outside of NYC

Wow. It seems they are paying less now, at least for the sales people. When I started 5 years ago in sales, close to that area (Long Island), I got $11 an hour. I figured they'd increase their pay rate at least a little bit in the last 5 years. I went up to $17 an hour as a Genius, also in 2003, which is the same amount they offered as a Genius in North Carolina in 2002!