I have original OS X discs. How do I get started?

Ethan R

7 posts in this topic

HiI'm just getting started on trying to get Mac OS on my PC laptop. I have original OS X discs that I purchased for the last three pre-Leopard OS's (10.2-10.4). Basically, how do I get started? I'm not interested in downloading 10.5 somehow, I just want to run what I've got.ThanksP.S. Apologies if this is in the wrong forumP.S. Apologies if this is in the wrong forum

Fixing the originals to run on a PC is no easy task so do yourself a favor and download the images and be happy.hecker
I guess then, to mangle a quote, OSx86 is not the droid I'm looking for.
Fixing the originals to run on a PC is no easy task so do yourself a favor and download the images and be happy.hecker
I guess then, to mangle a quote, OSx86 is not the droid I'm looking for.

The information you're looking for :P is available on the net. Just not here. The task is beyond the ability of the scriptkiddies to figure out.

Actually I think I did see a DIY here somewhere about how to do it, or at least a general overview. You'll have to search for it because I don't remember where it was or who wrote it.

HiI'm just getting started on trying to get Mac OS on my PC laptop. I have original OS X discs that I purchased for the last three pre-Leopard OS's (10.2-10.4). Basically, how do I get started? I'm not interested in downloading 10.5 somehow, I just want to run what I've got.ThanksP.S. Apologies if this is in the wrong forumP.S. Apologies if this is in the wrong forum

checkout my guide