Pro Audio Hacintosh up and running!

Firechild

3 posts in this topic

After the installation ( leo4all V2 )everything except LAN worked out of the box, I then bought the Netgear GA311 Gigabit ethernet which solved the problem and the computer scored 200.33 with the xbench.com test. I installed 3 more HD:s which one was a PATA on the JMicron chipset, everyone was found and running fast!

I installed a PCIe TI firewire card so I had two seperate FW channels,( built in and PCIe card). I installed 2 Universal Audio UAD1 PCI cards and connected a TC Electronic Powercore FW unit.

Everything worked perfectly and I managed to run 21 tracks on this simple Logic 8 benchmarktest.

www.evan.se/logicprobenchmark ( you unmute tracks one by one )

Which is the same results as 4 cores MacPros.

I was capable of using 87 percent of my UAD cards without affecting the CPU and at the same time driving a lot of reverbs on the Powercore.

My machine is recognized as a macPro 3.1.

The great thing with this Hackintoch is that it is equivalent to a 4 core MacPro BUT is capable to use the older PCI cards! Great for musicians!

Specs.

Q6600@3Ghz, ASUS P5K, 4 Gb Kingston, Club3 ATI 2600 HD Pro, Western Digital HD:s,Netgear GA311 ethernetcard,PCIe Firewirecard TI chipset, 2 UAD1 DSP cards,Powercore Fw,MOTU 896HD,Emagic AMT8 midi interface.

Hi, I am running nearly identical hardware--same mobu cpu-- and motu896 HD--I got real problems with the motu--drop outs and glitching with the onboard firewire--got any suggestions--kalyway 10.5.1--did you install any kexts?

Q6600 asus p5k 2 gb OCZ ddr800 club 8400, seagate barracuder motu 896hd