Enable bluetooth at startup

Ianxxx

9 posts in this topic

Does anyone know how to enable bluetooth at start up.

10.5.2 has a bug that turns it off, no way to turn it on again!

Never mind found a kind of fix, you can enable it with bluetooth file exchange, in utilities folder

Do you have a link to more info about this. Mine works fine was just curious.

It seems that even on real macs the bluetooth is disabled at startup can be real problem if you have a bluetooth keyboard or mouse. The only way to get it to start up again is using file exchange as on start the bluetooth on and descoverable boxed are greyed out in the prefpane

• 7 months later...

Does anybody know of a way to force bluetooth to be on once it boots up? I am the only user, so there isn't a log-in screen.

Can I make a script that would got through the process of turning bluetooth on and run it at start-up?

Is there some other way to fix this?

Thanks

It sounds like a big problem since I only have a bluetooth keyboard and mouse with my tabletmac... maybe that is why Apple hasn't produced one yet.

I'll try keeping the bluetooth doogle unpluged and plugging it in once it has finished starting up to see if that would work.

It sounds like a big problem since I only have a bluetooth keyboard and mouse with my tabletmac... maybe that is why Apple hasn't produced one yet.

I'll try keeping the bluetooth doogle unpluged and plugging it in once it has finished starting up to see if that would work.

You may be able to write an Applescript to turn it back on. I don't know. I don't use my Bluetooth very often so it has been a non-issue for me. When I need it I just use the File Exchange method to turn it on.

You may be able to write an Applescript to turn it back on. I don't know. I don't use my Bluetooth very often so it has been a non-issue for me. When I need it I just use the File Exchange method to turn it on.

Updates fixed it for me now on 10.5.5

• 2 weeks later...