[guide] Leopard install on Acer Aspire 5570Z (and 3680?)

ergosteur

59 posts in this topic

Hi matthew, thanks for this wonderful thread, ive been trying to make my LAN work for the longest time and have tried lots of threads and re installations whew... until this thread came to me... now my ethernet is working and i just used a dlink wifi dongle for the wireless... thanks a lot!!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

iAtkos 5i also works on 5570z! i recently installed 10.5.5 onto the laptop and updated it using apple's software update without a problem. no kernel panics, although i had to reinstall some kext to get things working again but that wasn't a biggie. used efi v9 bootloader and i think i installed it with the vanilla kernel. the dell 1390 card works with some kext i found on this board. sleep also works wonderful. all in all the iatkos 5i was a success!

Got the the original Atheros AR5007EG to work on my 5570z. KisMac r319 + patched IO802211Family from the below link. Not perfect, but better and faster than running Dell 1390!!

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...8351&st=240

Kalyway 10.5.2 Intel/AMD + Kalyway 10.5.3 Combo/Patch + official 10.5.4 Delta update + official 10.5.5 Delta update + Official 10.5.6 Delta update with AppleAPCIPlatform.kext patch

• 3 weeks later...

i have a 5570z-2977 i installed kalyway 10.5.2 with nothing but vanilla kernal and gma950 driver(those are the only things i selected) and everthing installs fine with no problems. i reboot and it plays the welcome video and i choose my country but when i get to the screen thatsays "do you already own a mac?" i select don't migrate at this time and hit next -and i can't go any further. it just sits for about 5 seconds with the spinning beach ball and then the welcome video starts again but with no reboot or anything..

anybody got a clues? this is driving nuts.

any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

i have a 5570z-2977 i installed kalyway 10.5.2 with nothing but vanilla kernal and gma950 driver(those are the only things i selected) and everthing installs fine with no problems. i reboot and it plays the welcome video and i choose my country but when i get to the screen thatsays "do you already own a mac?" i select don't migrate at this time and hit next -and i can't go any further. it just sits for about 5 seconds with the spinning beach ball and then the welcome video starts again but with no reboot or anything..

anybody got a clues? this is driving nuts.

any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

Follow this when you start up

- type "-s" and then press enter

- type "/sbin/fsck -fy" and then press enter

- type "/sbin/mount -uw /" and then press enter

- type "passwd root ##" and press enter

- you will know be prompted to put in your password twice. Do so and press enter.

- type "touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone and press enter

- type "exit" and press enter. you will now be booted into Leopard.

Works like a charm for me.

Could someone help me get the temp down on my 5570z? I followed the link a few posts back for the GenericCPUPMControl but I have no idea what they are talking about in how to install (Im a bit of a newbie when it comes to macs so a detailed how-to would be great). Thanks for any help.

• 2 months later...
Follow this when you start up

Could someone help me get the temp down on my 5570z? I followed the link a few posts back for the GenericCPUPMControl but I have no idea what they are talking about in how to install (Im a bit of a newbie when it comes to macs so a detailed how-to would be great). Thanks for any help.

you want superhai's new VoodooPower.kext to enable speedstep on the vanilla (or voodoo) kernel. GenericCPUPMControl.app is just a GUI that lets you see what frequency your CPU is running at.

All files found here: http://superhai.com/darwin.html

Install the kext just like any other (or use kext helper) and stick the .app into your Applications folder. Reboot. You're done.

• 2 months later...
You're probably going to have to buy a different wireless card. The one that comes with most "pentium dual-core" versions of the aspire 5570 is the Atheros AR5007EG which afaik does NOT work at all in OSX. the Atheros 5005, 5006 and 5008 chips should work, as should the Broadcom 4311 chips (available cheap as the Dell 1390 and 1490)

It has been nearly a year and still doing ok. Got the AR5bmb5 working but after a shut down due to no battery I had to do a fresh install again. One problem I can't solve is after installing the intel graphics package it won't shut down properly, screen will go dark and I have to press for a few seconds the power bottom. Any Ideas? Cheers.

Leo Install with Speedstep

Acer 5570Z (5570-2609)

Intel Pentium dual-core processor T2060 (1MB L2 cache, 1.60 Ghz, 533 Mhz FSB )

Mobile Intel 943GML Express chipset

1Gb DDR2

Intel Graphics Media Acelerator 950

WIFI AR5bmb5

80gb Hd.

• 5 months later...
Will that work on my Aspire 5720ZG??? I was seraching the net for a succesful install on that kind a laptop, bit no luck! I had also no luck to install in on my laptop! Any help?

I have successfully installed Leopard 10.5.7 using Iatkos V7. On the 5570 you need to be careful on the installation sequence.

Make sure when you install that you select Voodoo PS2 or you will have no keyboard, mouse trackpad of any sort.

Select the base install then add the drivers one at a time.

At this point My machine runs pretty much everything except the external monitor. I did replace the Atheros WIFI card with one from an old MacBook Pro. You can find these cards in eBay very inexpensive or choose a Broadcom wifi card.

Good luck on your installs.

I have successfully installed Leopard 10.5.7 using Iatkos V7. On the 5570 you need to be careful on the installation sequence.

Make sure when you install that you select Voodoo PS2 or you will have no keyboard, mouse trackpad of any sort.

Select the base install then add the drivers one at a time.

At this point My machine runs pretty much everything except the external monitor. I did replace the Atheros WIFI card with one from an old MacBook Pro. You can find these cards in eBay very inexpensive or choose a Broadcom wifi card.

Good luck on your installs.

I Will like to try that OSX version. Could u be a bit more specific about the install? Cheers.