10.5.2 AppleHDA for ALC880 / ICH7 working...

MadTux

17 posts in this topic

Soo.. this is Leopard AppleHDA.kext for ALC880.

It is working for me on my old Gigabyte 945PLGE motherboard, i hope it will work on yours.

Download:

ALC880_Leo.zip

How to install:

Use a kexthelper for Leopard:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=54098

Or use Terminal:

1. drag AppleHDA and ALCinject to extensions folder.

(this is not for a patcher, just copy and paste files in /System/Library/Extensions/)

2.And repair permissions

login as root in Terminal:

sudo -s

(and type your password)

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/*.kext

chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions/*.kext

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.*

3.Restart

Please post a results here.

could u possibly tell me what i need to do with the kext. im kinda nub to mac

(this is not for a patcher, just copy and paste files in /System/Library/Extensions/)

2.And repair permissions

3.Restart

-------

Or you can use kexthelper to install kext, google for it

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok, I'm running a Foxconn 915A01-P-8EKRS2 that has ALC880+ on board. I USED to be able to use the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext fix for 10.4.8 and 10.4.9 but I am now running iATKOS 10.5.2. I have tried EVERYTHING from the old Azalia fix to taruga to using the kexts above. So far the kexts above are the ONLY one that has initialized my audio device (I hear a click through the speakers on the Apple startup screen) but unfortunately my computer then hangs on a blank light blue screen with only a working mouse pointer (but nothing to click on <_< ) any ideas of why this is happening? I am totally lost *sob* lol.

HiI installed both files using kext helper, then restarted. Everytime I boot I get nasty feedback from my speakers and I see a load of errors on the loading script, then I get to the blue loading screen and then nothing happens, it just hangs there forever. What is really strange though is if i unplug my speakers it boots up fine, then once im in osx i can plug my speakers back in and I have sound!! Any ideas why this is happening!!!Thanks

Soo.. this is Leopard AppleHDA.kext for ALC880. It is working for me on my old Gigabyte 945PLGE motherboard, i hope it will work on yours. Download:ALC880_Leo.zipHow to install:Use a kexthelper for Leopard:http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=54098Or use Terminal:1. drag AppleHDA and ALCinject to extensions folder. (this is not for a patcher, just copy and paste files in /System/Library/Extensions/)2.And repair permissionslogin as root in Terminal:sudo -s(and type your password)chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/*.kextchown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions/*.kextrm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.*3.RestartPlease post a results here.
Hithats exactly what happened to me,, i hear loads of noise clicks then it hangs on a blue screen (I have an intel board). However when i have no speakers plugged in at the back i bootup fine and I can then plug my speakers back in and get sound!!! Give it a try.
Ok, I'm running a Foxconn 915A01-P-8EKRS2 that has ALC880+ on board. I USED to be able to use the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext fix for 10.4.8 and 10.4.9 but I am now running iATKOS 10.5.2. I have tried EVERYTHING from the old Azalia fix to taruga to using the kexts above. So far the kexts above are the ONLY one that has initialized my audio device (I hear a click through the speakers on the Apple startup screen) but unfortunately my computer then hangs on a blank light blue screen with only a working mouse pointer (but nothing to click on :) ) any ideas of why this is happening? I am totally lost *sob* lol.

I can't even get them to install. I tried to copy them to extensions, and I got an overwrite notice. I clicked ok, to overwrite, but now I get another error on reboot that they were not installed properly. Kexthelper didn't even come up. What now. Should I trash both files and try again? I had tried the ac 97 kexts, they installed o.k. but didn't work. :rolleyes:

Well, I just found out I have an ALC883 coddec sound system. I'll have to find the kext files for that one. Must be why the 880's didn't work. :(

Well I tried it for my system and it didn't work. 10.5.2 does not detect any installed sound device. I know I have the Realtek ALC880 chip on my motherboard but I also have a Soundblaster Audigy sound card installed. I wonder if that is causing the problems.

Otherwise Kalyway 10.5.2 installed worked perfectly, even with only an Athlon 3500+ processor!

My system: HP Pavilion a1017c

I noticed that in the info.plist of the ALCinject.kext that my sound card's device ID is not listed. I only see:

<string>pci1002,437b</string>

Currently my vendor id is 1002 but my device id is 4370. I edited the info.plist and added an extra line with

<string>pci1002,4370</string>

reloaded the kext file but sound is still not working. Idea's anyone? I'm not sure if this is as simple as adding that extra line.

Well I tried it for my system and it didn't work. 10.5.2 does not detect any installed sound device. I know I have the Realtek ALC880 chip on my motherboard but I also have a Soundblaster Audigy sound card installed. I wonder if that is causing the problems.

Otherwise Kalyway 10.5.2 installed worked perfectly, even with only an Athlon 3500+ processor!

My system: HP Pavilion a1017c

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fine! Install this kext on kaliway 10.5.2 (kaliway combo update to 10.5.3) on asus p5gpl mobo with build in audio ALC880 rev 05h (vendor id 8086h)

00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) High Definition Audio Controller [8086:2668] (rev 05)

input & output work, effects, digital output exist in preferences but I can't test it.

thanx!

• 1 month later...
Soo.. this is Leopard AppleHDA.kext for ALC880.

It is working for me on my old Gigabyte 945PLGE motherboard, i hope it will work on yours.

Download:

ALC880_Leo.zip

How to install:

Use a kexthelper for Leopard:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=54098

Or use Terminal:

2.And repair permissions

login as root in Terminal:

sudo -s

(and type your password)

3.Restart

Please post a results here.

I do what you said, and... it work ha ha ha, thank's alot

Using a kexthelper for Leopard makes my hang up, run the teminal is ok

But unfortunatly, it's die in 3 songs, and never be able to work againt if i don't rebuild setup the hall system

• 2 years later...