Installed Leopard, how do I boot into it?

aaquib

10 posts in this topic

Hey there,

I successfully installed Leopard on my external HDD and I got to the end where the checkmark comes up and it tells me its going to restart. After that, what exactly do I do? I try going to terminal and typing in fdisk - /dev/rdisk0s3, but it doesn't work. It just asks if I want help. Any ideas? I didn't touch Terminal once during the installation, so do I need to reinstall with some different procedures?

Thanks and please help

Aaquib

First which distro did you install?

Secondly are you typing this:

F8 at bootup (have you dvd in the drive)

-s

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0s1

update

f 1

w

q

reboot

take dvd out and you should be able to boot into the systemIf you get stuck at after the system begins to boot (i.e. nothing is happening) Reboot and at startup press F8 then -x (that will boot in safe mode, you should be able to boot into the system from there)

Also try getting newer distros like Leo4All which is Intel and AMD compatible, it comes with built in boot loaders so that you don't have to activate the partition and ext.

Im using iAtkos v1.0ir3, and Im going to try typing in those commands now. The guides I googled never mentioned any of those so Ill try it now! And how do I confirm that the one Im using is Leopard for the rdisk?? When I type in diskutil list in terminal I get about 4 of them. Do I look for the one that reads HPC Leopard?

Thanks

Aaquib

I am having a similar problem. I used the Leo4All ISO to install Leopard, and the install went well, however after the restart my computer just boots back into Vista Premium. I pressed F2 at the startup (to get to my OS Options List) and only Vista was listed. Please help as I do knot know what steps to take next.

I am having a similar problem. I used the Leo4All ISO to install Leopard, and the install went well, however after the restart my computer just boots back into Vista Premium. I pressed F2 at the startup (to get to my OS Options List) and only Vista was listed. Please help as I do knot know what steps to take next.

Similar problem but due to different reason (maybe):you have two OS's on the same PC.So there are others issues to take care of.Check here for some help

I tried using xx's method and it didn't work. I still got the same thing. It actually worked up until where I had to type in the command W. It then said permission denied and everything I typed in after that except reboot, it would say "command not recognized.Any ideas?????Actually, everytime I try typing in "write" in terminal it tells me "Permission denied." PLEASEEEE HELP!

unplug all hdd's except for the one with Leopard installed and type exactly this:

-s

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0s1

update

f 1

w

q

reboot

Also @Aaquib download Leo4All, it will activate the partition for you, plus it's 10.5.2

hello guys :) is my first post and i have a problem...

Try to install @ HP Pavilion 6541ev 10.5.1 Kalyway and iaktos

boot only with dvd , i try all this commands and the problem no solved...

error msg: b0 error

unplug all hdd's except for the one with Leopard installed and type exactly this:

-s

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0s1

update

f 1

w

q

reboot

Also @Aaquib download Leo4All, it will activate the partition for you, plus it's 10.5.2