Compal (I)FL-90

TheRMal

14 posts in this topic

Hi, I'am opening this post, to grab a comunity for those who have this laptop, cause I have, and then, we can make the leopard work in all.

I have tried many versions such as: ToH RC2, Kalyway 10.5.1, JaS 10.5.2, Leo4All 10.5.2(actually).

At this time, I've got installed, my last success its on Kalyway 10.5.1, cause I got my nvidia 8600M GT 512M working, but only detected as 256M.

I got sound working with taruga package(I dont remember the version, but I have it here). The only thing that doesnt work, its the mute button.

But is missing the Wireless(intel pro 4965AGN), the camera 2.0mpixel, the LAN, fingerprint.

So if anyone needs help to get where I am, or If someone could share more than me, so please post it, here, to get the information at one post.

best regards!

TheRMal.

Good news, got working 8600M GT with 512RAM. With quartz and everything....

Just install NVinject v0.41 with selecting your card(the option with "g" ou "m" gforce) and then after installed...reboot, and on next session just install the option that say 512RAM, other reboot, and we got our 512M Gforce mobile working...

• 2 weeks later...

I also have a Compal IFL90, using Kalyway 10.5.1, using his update to get to 10.5.2. Using EFIv8 and the graphics hex string for my 8600M GT 512MB. I replace the intel wireless with a gigabyte one that works out of the box since it has a Atheros 5008 chipset. Sound I needed drivers for, sleep "works" with the netkas sleep kernel, but mine keeps waking up instantly because some USB device (narrowed it down to the built in camera or finger print reader) wakes it back up not to mention that sound does not work on resume. The onboard LAN has no drivers as of yet, so that won't be fixable until drivers are made. Built in Webcam works, although not with Photobooth. Fingerprint reader is detected but I have yet to find drivers that work. My only beef is that it takes like 4 minutes to start up with the Graphics Hex string, although it works fine once booted up. And sometimes the fan doesn't kick in. Feel free to ask any questions, I'm sure I forgot something.

i've ifl90, and today i tryed kalyway 10.5.2 install dvd. All ok, i've chosen speedstep kernel and the fan seems to work well. Video works ok (i've selected nvinject 512 mb from installer). no lan driver, no wifi driver (i've intel 4965bgn). i've read audio works with taruga alc268installer2, but i had to try yet.

I've a problem...if i connect a usb pen, it's not mounted automatically...how can i solve?

• 2 months later...

with most instals camera works out of the box try a different DVD.

kalyway 10.5.2 works with almost all kernels exept vanilla. Vanilla works for me with the cpus=1 flag.

Tip: if the DVD doesn't boot try with the -x flag (did it for me)

• 1 month later...

Sorry for my bad english.

I have a compal FL90 with CPU Intel Core2Duo t7700 and intel Chipset

-NorthBridge: Intel Crestline-PM PM965

-SouthBridge: Intel 82801HBM ICH8-DO

The Wi-fi, ethernet and sound don't works

Wi-fi: Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN

Ethernet: Broadcom Netlink BCM5787M Gigabit

Sound: Realtek ALC268

Can Help me???

Thanks for everybody!!!

• 3 weeks later...

hi , i also have a Compal ifl90, it's runing leo4all 10.5.2 and Xp on the same drive , dualboot

Instaled with the normal kernel and ICHfix drivers... it went smooth .. then repaired permissions and reboot

Instaled NVinstall v0.41 first with the M or G option and reboot , then instaled the 512 option and reboot ...(thanks on this one TheRMal)

now im going to work on the sound drivers

.:EDIT:.

fixed the audio (thanks nosekefik)

Fixed Bus speed form 100mhz to 800mhz thanks to SUPERHAI SMBIOS FIX

sleep function not good,, gonna try to fix it to

• 2 months later...