I love KEYNOTE >.<

ChocolateJeff

Office vs iWork  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Powerpoint 2008
    • Keynote 08

7 posts in this topic

Personally being a windows user so many years I prefer Microsoft office suite (Word and excel especially) but it seems apple is catching on quickly to the office suite world with iWork. Pages 08 seems decent and nice but it is just too weird for me. I have to use it more before getting the hang of it. However, Numbers is an absolute abomination. It lacks crucial features that are important to any excel user. MACRO. things like solver and goal seek are very important to me too.

The best apple application so far has to be Keynote. IT IS fantastic. Being a powerpoint user, I decided to take a brave step and venture out to the "apple" world of office work and found that I'm even more productive and elegant using Keynote 08. Powerpoint 08 is cool with new transitions and stuff but it is no where as easy and elegant to use as keynote. I gave a presentation using Keynote the other day and everybody was blown away. The combination of the remote with my macbook is fantastic. (don't know if they sell macbook with the remote anymore) But it was, wow. I prepared a 15 min presentation in close to 5 min. Fabulous. If Apple can catch up on Keynote, I wonder about Pages and Numbers. hmm..

Those are my opinion anyways.

Keynote has been awesome for me. I've given a few presentations with it and after each one several people have asked me "How were you able to do that with Powerpoint?", to which I reply "Because that wasn't Powerpoint....".

I'm in the same position with Pages and Numbers. I need something with an equation editor, and Pages doesn't do that. I've heard of people using Grapher to type in equations and then copying them over, but if you have to edit them you're screwed. And I can't use Numbers for the simple fact that it can't draw trendlines, add that ability and I'll use Excel no more.

Keynote vs PowerPoint: Keynote wins

Excel vs Numbers: Excel Wins

Word vs Pages: Depends really, certainly considering Apple's poor interpretation of some DOC files I end up using Word more, but I prefer using Pages

Wow, 2 people voted powerpoint.... what were you thinking...?? Hmm..

Yea I guess its hands down.. Keynote owns Powerpoint

As for Pages, I think it might be interesting.. but I don't have a preference for it just yet mainly because I'm not sure how to "use" it properly. I should try to work with pages sometime..

pages will work with your creativity. You are just new to pages

take your time and you will see how this word processor can make with your commands and imagination.

If do you work with DTP you will become amazed with pages, by simple talk:

you can make a magazine cover or a full magazine with pages, the drag-n-drop and usage of app makes your work more flexible and faster to finish with AAA quality ;)