Leopard Blue Screen of Death and 10.5.1 Installation Issue

downdowndown

5 posts in this topic

Computer specs:

HP Pavilion dv1000:

everything stock. SSE2

Project:

Dual boot XP and Leopard (multi-boot with Ubuntu if/when Leopard works)

Jas 10.4.8 worked successfully before. (Thanks Jas.)

Attempts:

Kalyway 10.5.1

Leo4Allv2 10.5.2

Kalyway 10.5.1: It was pretty much hit or miss. Sometimes the installation would load, sometimes it would not. When it did not, it lead to the leopard blue screen hang, and it this is even after 1 hour of waiting. There's no cursor or any sign of progress being made.

When I was able to succesfully install it, a reboot lead to the blue screen again. Then with various startups (cpus=1 -v -x -s -f) I was able to get it sometimes, not always. And when I was able to get in, I upgraded via Kalyway 10.5.2 Combo. A reboot lead to a functioning OS. Then I rebooted it and now I'm stuck with the blue screen of death again.

Leo4Allv2 10.5.2: I was unable to get past the blue screen so I could not even get to the installation screen.

I've searched many threads and many forums and I have over 50 tabs on FireFox regarding blue screen issues, successful installation guides, kernel updates etc.

I thought it would be good to ask for help. Thank you :)

Not sure what you mean by video output:

S-Video

LCD Video

Mobile Intel ® 915GM/GMS, 910GML Express

Intel® 915GM/GMS, 910ML Express Chipset

But it's weird because it works sometimes and it doesn't work most of the time. Not sure what the problem could be...

But yeah, it's stuck without a cursor.

• 1 month later...