Network Shares, Time capsule & hackintosh

n0otro

5 posts in this topic

I have a hackintosh connected via ethernet to a time capsule, and MBP that connects wirelessly to the same time capsule.

I can see the hackintosh in Finder from my MBP and connect via afp/smb etc no problems(using any method including command-k & the "connect to server" button under the shared section in the finder. The time capsule also shows up no problem.

I can also connect to my MBP via afp/smb from my hackintosh if I hit command-k. I can even connect to the time capsule disk if I manually specify it.

The problem is that from my hackintosh, I cannot see the time capsule or MBP in the shared section in the finder. Nothing is displayed. Is there a reason or why I can't see any shares from my Hackintosh connected via ethernet? Since the Hackintosh is connected directly to the time capsule, shouldn't it show up pretty easily? Is there a setting i'm overlooking?

Thanks for any advice!

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've read about putting the Ethernet adapter in promisc mode, but this still doesn't seem to make it work for me. Other computers show up in the Shared section, and time machine / time capsule actually appears there too- but the icon is the same one it uses for Windows machines, with the blue screen of death. ;)

Anyone know how to get this working?

• 1 month later...