What configuration best to install Leopard?

gipapado

5 posts in this topic

Hello! I'm considering upgrading my PC and I wanted to ask what would be the best choice in order to install Leopard with less compatibility and installation problems! The three options are:

1) Asus P5N-MX, Intel Core 2 Duo 4500 and 2x1Gb Crucial DDR2@800MHz

2) Albatron PM73V, Intel Core 2 Duo 4500 and 2x1Gb Crucial DDR2@800MHz

3) AsRock Alive DUAL eSATA2, AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200, Sapphire HD2600 PRO 512Mb AGP slot and 2x1Gb Crucial DDR2@800MHz

Both SATA (Maxtor 6Y120) and IDE (Maxtor 6L080) hard disks are available for the installation. Also there is a NETGEAR WG311v3 wireless adapter. Alternatively Tiger installation would be also perfect.

Thank you very much!!!

you didntmention the build you should be doing, Try a board with compatibly intel chipsets, that same cpu, and an nvidia 7000 or 8000 series.

none of ur selections are very compatible.

Definitely not the asrock AMD with AGP.

The other 2 are Nforce, it will be tough, but i think you have to go with the nforce 4 board, the asus

here is a similiar board

post-110603-1206375185_thumb.png

Yawn, check the wiki OSx86 Project link at top right corner of this very screen.

Those HCL's are nice and all, but I find them too confusing and 'opinionated' to trust. Some people have a very loose definition of "working perfect" and the HCL makes no attempt to validate any of it.