Blue screen issue

lilSoldier

7 posts in this topic

Hi, I am using an Intel GMA 900, and when I go to install Leopard, it simply hangs on a blue screen. The same happens if I use the "paperclip trick". If I connect an external monitor, however, it comes up saying that it is "out of range", and comes up with numbers like "149KHz". Also, unlike previous versions of Mac, like tiger, it never comes up with "GFX: Family specific matching fails" (in verbose mode, and in tiger it also used to come up with ones for sound etc...), so that may have something to do with it. This is with the Leo4All disc.

Also, I tried ToH RC2 disc, and that was much more successful with the paperclip, but it always used to come up with an error telling me that the essentials package could not be validated.

I am desperate to get Leo on my laptop (specs in my sig) so help on getting either of these discs working would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Wow, thanks for the superfast reply! I shall try your refresh rate thing now. Firstly, do I need the quotation marks in or not, and secondly, is there something I can do to update my copy of Leo4all, as I just spent about 24 hours (very slow connection) downloading the current one!

Thanks!

Thanks, one more thing before I restart and try it, is it normal to get error messages that say something about invalid code signatures, as I seem to get about three of them before I reach the blue screen (they don't pop up or anything, its just something I noticed in verbose mode)

Thanks!