Installed iAtkos_v1.0i on my Gateway mx6920

steelhead

13 posts in this topic

I fanaly was able to install leopard on my labtop but the ethernet and airport dont work. can any one help me? The airport says its off but when i try to turn it on it just stays off. and the ethernet says the cable is disconnected but i have it connected.Thanks a Million.i would like to know how to get at least the ethernet up and running if anyone can help meA little Help Please

Ethernet - I don't know what chip you have (I looked up the specs). In my desktop, I have a Realtek 8168 and I had to enable Wake on LAN in the Windows driver settings in order for the chip's PHY (I'm guessing) to be active after power-up/restart. In my laptop, I have a Broadcom 440X, and after updating to 10.5.2 I had to obtain the kext for this chip again. I don't know if any of these apply to you, see the end of this post.

Wireless - I see you have an Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG. There is a driver project for these (and similar) 802.11 adapters, but support is far from complete, such as unencrypted networks only and no intergration with OS X's wireless configuration interface etc. (unless something has changed recently).

To allow us to help you with the Ethernet controller, find out its model. If you have Windows running, go to Device Manager, bring up the properties of the device and go to the Details tab. This should show you the PCI vendor and device IDs.

Thank you for the responce. Your right on the wireless card. The Ethernet card is a Marvell Yukon 88e8038 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller. Please let me know if you need more information from me. Basically when i boot mac all i see is a firewire connection. I dont see the Ethernet card or the airport. Thanks again

My god, if i had a dollar for every time something is posted in this forum about OSx86... i would be a rich man by now...

Post it in the right forum.

Oh, and sweetie, maybe, just maybe as a hint, you should possible read the forum title and subtitles to just have a guess what should be posted here....

Think Mark :)

Maybe you should look a bit harder,

and anybody who thinks i should moderate the OSx86 Forum and Apple world forum (so i can move threads to the correct place) tell Sabr

Think Mark :D