Apple Wired Keyboard

12 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've an osx86 computer running Kalyway 10.5.2

I bought a keyboard a few weeks ago but got problem with it. Actually my system won't boot with the keyboard connected, I need to disconnect before booting and connect it once my system is on running. This is quite annoying !

Anyone having the same problem or found a solution !

Bye

Philippe

I DONT THINK ITS THE PROBLEM OF THE BIOS SETTING. MY FRIEND GOT THE NEW MAC KEYBOARD. SHE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM LIKE U. HOWEVER SHE CAN ABLE TO GET THE PC BOOT INTO WINDOWS XP. IF IT'S THE PROBLEM ABOUT THE BIOS SETTING. SHE SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO BOOT INTO XP AS WELL.

HOPE SOMEONE CAN TELL THE PROBLEM. THX

I DONT THINK ITS THE PROBLEM OF THE BIOS SETTING. MY FRIEND GOT THE NEW MAC KEYBOARD. SHE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM LIKE U. HOWEVER SHE CAN ABLE TO GET THE PC BOOT INTO WINDOWS XP. IF IT'S THE PROBLEM ABOUT THE BIOS SETTING. SHE SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO BOOT INTO XP AS WELL.

HOPE SOMEONE CAN TELL THE PROBLEM. THX

I think the problem is that her Caps Lock key is stuck in the "on" position.

Here I am,

I've just crashed down my osx install and need to reinstall.

Only one problem !

I can't get into any bios options with that apple keyboard.

Pressing F8 to get into the booting screen, then when I try to choose my dvd drive any key I press is rebooting the system.

Pressing DEL to get into the bios works fine, then whatever I do it's not working.

I'm starting to wonder why I bought that keyboard !

• 2 weeks later...

I am also having the same issue with the Apple Keyboard; I can get into my BIOS just fine and change settings, and I can also dual boot into Windows XP using my BIOS boot menu; but, when booting into my Hackintosh (10.5.2 with 9.2.0) I can see what's going on with the boot (-v) and for some reason, when it's reading the USB Devices, it freezes at that point.

Here is where it freezes:

USBF: 0.537 Attempting to get EHCI Controler from BIOS

USBF: 0.539 USBLEGCTLSTS vaule c0082005

USBF: 0.541 Found USBLEGSUP_ID - value 0x10001 - writing OSOwned

And that is all... My HHD light is still blinking, which is different from any other time I've booted and it's frozen...

I don't know what any of that language means, I don't want to mess with installing drivers that might hose the OS, I am not a fan of having to do things more then once if theres a chance it might all be for nothing.

EDIT: I installed the drivers from here to see if that would fix the issue, and it did not. Froze at the same point in time on the boot as before.

Thanks...

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having a similar problem, BIOS freezes at initialising the USB controller whenever the keyboard is plugged in. I've tried all possible BIOS settings, and even a USB to PS/2 adapter, but with the adapter it didn't even detect a keyboard during the POST.

Keyboard works fine if I plug it in after the POST has finished.

I'm guessing it may have something to do with the two extra USB ports built into the keyboard, but I guess there are other keyboards on the market with extra USB ports. A BIOS update might help, so I'll have a look for one now. The only other option I can think of is to try is plugging it into a USB hub.