Can't install Vista Ultimate using Bootcamp! HELP!

unclejezza

5 posts in this topic

I am trying to install Windows Vista Ultimate on my Macbook Pro using the Bootcamp program but need help!

I have partitioned my drive as per Bootcamps prompts but when it says 'insert your windows installation disk and click Start installation' I do so but get a message a few seconds later saying 'The installer disk could not be found. Insert your windows installer disk and wait a few seconds for the disk to be recognised.'

Please note:

*The install disk DOES mount and I can see its contents

*I am logged in as the administrator

*I have tried using a copy of the install disk burnt by BOTH PC and a MAC using different software too (5 attempts)

*I have tried to BOOT directly from the disk via holding the Option key during start up but I only get the option of booting from the MAC HD.

I'm lost! Any help on this matter would gratefully accepted! I purchased a brand new Macbook as I thought I could easily run windows on it! PLEASE HELP!!

Macbook Pro 2.4GHZ 2GB RAM Intel Core 2 DUO Leopard (Bootcamp pre-installed latest version updated)

Try booting the DVD in a PC and see if it works.

You said you ensured you had good disks. Exactly how sure are you? Not too long ago, I tried several times to burn a live distro to a CD, using different applications, machines, drives, OSs, and each time I got either a write error or problems when trying to boot. I began to half-suspect the CDs, especially since they were quite old by then, so I decided to try one from a different, newer batch, and it worked first time!

Also, is the DVD definitely bootable? I remember a Vista Enterprise DVD from work, purchased under a Microsoft Select agreement, which was a multiple activation version (something like volume licensing from previous versions, can't remember the exact term). This DVD was not bootable. Instead, we got it installed by setting up Windows Deployment Services (RIS replacement) on Server 2003 SP2 and booting a workstation via PXE. Try to find out which copy you have.

hi there,

yep tested and working perfectly on PC!?? This is such a riddle... My Mac is brand new so the partition bit was instant and easy but the fact it wont pick up the install disk is a worry (not to mention a potential waste of money!)

Disk should work right? Its a commercial brand new disk.....Any more ideas?