Can you Run OSX straight off a cd

Macvision

7 posts in this topic

Hey,

I don't think its possible but can you load Tiger off the disk straight onto the computer. I have a school laptop where we aren't meant to have a new os running on it so if I could do this and if there was no disk inserted could i make it so it automaticly runs XP. If not can you run it as a virtual system?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

NO, not possible at the moment.

There are some guys that are working on it but its not done yet.

the best "mobile" system is to install it on a USB stick 4GB or more!

SticMAN

Hey,

I don't think its possible but can you load Tiger off the disk straight onto the computer. I have a school laptop where we aren't meant to have a new os running on it so if I could do this and if there was no disk inserted could i make it so it automaticly runs XP. If not can you run it as a virtual system?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

it depends on what you mean. you cant boot a retail Tiger or Leopard DVD yet. you can patch a DVD to make a 'LiveDVD' style system which will boot and run with varying degrees of success.

no i was really meaning that could i have OSX on the USB so it booted when the USB was plugged in but then when it was disconnected my laptop would automatically run XP? I'm not a serous programmer (struggle to make space invaders in VB) would this live CD be difficult to make and would it boot XP when not plugged in (external cd drive :censored2: ), is it just a different way of doing the USB thing?

Thanks