iAtkos and Kalyway Installation failure

AqUaRiUz

14 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, greetings :o

I am new to this site n this is my first post. I would like to apologize if this post of mine has previously been discussed here but i've been trying to look through the forums and I don't think ive find a solution. So here goes :)

If you'd like to know the specs of my pc, u may find it in my Signature down bottom. I'm trying to install OSX leopard on my pc. I've seen others suceed in doing so using either iAtkos or Kalyway. Now, im encountering some issues with either of the package.

I'll begin with iatkos. I started trying to install leopard on my pc using the iatkos package. Upon the choice screen after the bios load (i call it the black and white screen lol) i simply press enter n the dvd starts running. afterwards, the pc immediately restarts itself. i tried doing it again, but it just reboots the pc over n over n over again. it doesnt even enter the apple screen. I tried reburning a new dvd with slower speed (suggested by some of my frens) but it still didnt work.

So I searched the internet for another solution n came across Kalyway. I tried installing it n i got further than iatkos. I managed to get into the apple screen with the spinning gear n into the selection screen. I suceeded in getting into disk utility but when i erased the drive, the installation freezes n asks me to restart the pc. this happens several times in other parts of the installation, like in the apple screen or upon entering the selection screen. the furthest i got was dat disk utility part.

Soooo, yeah, i dont know wat i should do anymore :wacko: im losing hope at this. I cant seem to get osx leopard on my pc watsoever. I tried on my AMD PC prior to this with a patched iatkos, suceeded in installing but cant boot to it. Now im with Intel n I was thinking that this would be much easier but apparently not. At first i thought it was cuz of the quad core but ive seen those with it n succeeded.

So please anybody, please help me with this installation. i dont know wat else to do. Some of my frens told me to use an external drive or hard drive to install iatkos but i dont have either so i cant. I also read dat u can use a separate internal drive but i dont know how to place the image file there n boot from it.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you very much for taking some time to read this. :)

ahh, well hopefully somebody would be so kind as to take some time n help us with this issue. I'm sure there's some members here who wants to compile n clarify issues dat users come across, so im staying positive dat one of them will stop by soon. I'll keep an eye on your post for any replies n u on mine.

Hi mysticus, i sincerely thank you for your reply ^_^ im reading through your guide n im getting some of it but i still dont understand why my iatkos isnt booting up or why kalyway keeps crashing. Im guessing its due to the nforce chipset, but its very weird in the sense that why would the kalyway boot but crash n the intel iatkos wont. Im saying intel iatkos cuz i also have AMD patched iatkos for my old pc. Using this AMD iatkos, i manage to get into the apple grey screen immediately but after half hour it just stays there doing nothing, no activity either in the hdd or the dvd rom.

I understand that u'd want us to read through the guide, but to be honest, im getting a headache LOL :) pls pls pls mysticus, could u pls simplify it for us. I still have a feeling dat my iatkos dvd is a bad copy or something cuz like i said the amd iatkos goes into the apple screen but cant continue, im guessing cuz its for amd not intel. I dont know, im really confused.

do you know where i can get a newer copy of intel iatkos mysticus? i dont have torrent but i have rapidshare acc, so i do prefer RS but if i have to go torrent, pls let me know wat i should use.

Again, thanks a lot mysticus for your reply n help. pls continue helping us :)

have you seen this? it is all about nforce chipset mobos...http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=87901 :P ring the bell and you will get the sources for the install dvd...
Hello Mysticus! Thanks for responding. I've read through your guide already, but I can't get past the first part of booting up into the Mac OS X installer. This seems the be the same problem that AqUaRiUz is having. It'd be pretty strange that both of us have a bad DVD, and I did md5sum my download. So my real question is why won't it even boot?AqUaRiUz, I guess we should ask our question in Mysticus' thread instead of this one. I'll ask my question there.

codingmonkey, saw your post on mysticus' thread. ill stick here n wait for his reply but ill keep an eye on his thread as well for his answers there :P hopefully mysticus is in a good mood to help a couple of desperate ppl hehe

code n aqua: i sent both of you the information to get r3

the reason, why it wouldnt work on previous iatkos is simple, they dont have the nforce driver and/or kernel

thats the reason we created the r3...

kalyway has nforce driver but it was an old version and wouldnt work on mcp55 controller of new nforce chipsets (mcp55: pata/sata controller -- you know what that means? if no proper controller, no hdd/dvd access!!!)

if you get the right stuffs after my PM, you should be good to go now....

the reason my mood changes is if you read my topic, people are asking the same things again and again, without readin a single post or my guide properly...

sometimes i get soft and sometime harsh tone, cant help it, due to some seriously stupid posts... answer is already in the guide in some posts, and people usually lazy to use search button and read teh guides, but want the meal to be cooked for them on their plate when they want it.... this is not a restraunt... recipes are around, if you dont know the recipe ask, properly after reading the guides... but do it in the right form... you will see the entire forum is filled with posts, saying help/urgent/ my desktop is not booting no hdd... bla bla bla... people dont even know what hardware they have and bcoz they have a dvd, they think it should install auto... and they ask stupid questions...

think of it this way...

you are a driver, one day your car is broken and you call some place says car mechanic (you dont even read what cars they are specialized)

you: hello, My car is broken can you help me

mechanic: what brand/model/year your car is

y: i dont know, i just want my car to be fixed will you help me or not?

m: is this kind of a joke? screw yourself

y: why? are you not mechanic? why cant u help me?

do you see the problem?

you need know what hardware you have, and next you need to tell, what you have done, step by step, and what is happening afterwards (screen caps much more helpful) and then we can help people better... people with intel chipset coming to a nforce topic and ask help... another one coming with via chipset... another with ati chipset... like take your mercedes to a bmw dealer, and ask for help.... they are both german cars both good cars but under the body, they are both different, although both of them are cars...

please continue on the nforce topic, so i dont have to search through forum to find your topic...

Mysticus, thank you so much for your help. It was the fact that we didn't have RC 3! I did read your guide but as a newbie I didn't realize the importance of iATKOS 1.0i and iATKOS 1.0i RC3. Would it be possible for you to indicate this crucial importance in your guide. Say something along the lines of "It is imperative that you have the iATKOS 1.0i RC3 installation DVD. Anything aside from RC3 will not work because it does not contain the appropriate nforce drivers." Anyways, great guide and thank you so much for your help, it is greatly appreciated. I've wanted Mac OS X as long as I remember, and now I do!

if you read the title of my post it says:

Nforce Chipsets: How to install Leo easy and fast with iAtkos v1.0i r3 - NForce Edition, Newbies Guide + Install Guide (Intel Cpus work, AMD experiment urself)

and if you read the post #2

Links are not on torrents... If you wanna hope in the bus, play the trumpet ==> trumpet pic and if you click on it you will find the information regarding it... :(

i guess people do not pay attention to details, thats one of the reason why I put first two posts as a guide, but I hate the fact that most people skim read it (skip most part of it) which makes it annoying to ask people again and again to do some stuffs...

I purposely made a newbie guide as first post... so people who starts os x first time, knows some most common things... without the first post info, you will be doing everything as a robot, without understanding what you are doing... people skips it... as they are naturally advanced in osx when they are born...

second post is very crucial about how to install what to know before during after install facts... and cautions and information regarding some particualar devices, problems... but people still skips it... and saying that information is not there or they cant find it... kind of {censored} i started to hate, bcoz people do not really read as they should... they skip a lot and claim no information is around... to cover their stupidity to jumping to last post as usual, and requiring the food to be cooked and placed on their plate... without much hassle...

I know some parts i say harsh, but if u post same things for 100 times, I m sure you will have some harsness in you as well... bcoz some people really deserve the title being a dumb or noob...

good luck...

Hi Mysticus,

I understand your frustration completely. It's true, people don't pay attention to detail and I didn't really understand that there was such a drastic difference between an RC3 DVD and a non RC3 DVD. That's why I suggested that additional sentence that would have caught the problem for me and might help avoid additional questions from others. Anyways, thanks for the great guide and for all your hard work!

Hi Mysticus,

I understand your frustration completely. It's true, people don't pay attention to detail and I didn't really understand that there was such a drastic difference between an RC3 DVD and a non RC3 DVD. That's why I suggested that additional sentence that would have caught the problem for me and might help avoid additional questions from others. Anyways, thanks for the great guide and for all your hard work!

yeah sure, I know there are some good amount of people who really reads as well, and without needing me to ask them to post their specs in their signature and read some stuffs and try to explain problems in proper (acceptable) form.... but as you can see the entire forum section, there are a huge number of people are seriously dumb or lazy a$$... most peopel posting questions that already has answers... and they dont want to search... or read, much easier to make new topic and wait for an asnwer for them... if there are about 50000 topics in the forum, a good 45000 of them are useless, making stupid posts, and although answers are there, never read... you will see many posts like this:

help! very urgent! immidiate answer needed... I have laptop and leo dont install... my pc doesnt boot...

if you read the questions, you will see how stupid they can get...

also you ask them to post specs in their signature, they say it is useless, or dont wanna share it or say it is annoying to post it...

it is much more stupid not to post it... How can you expect help if people dont know what you have? and why people have to search for your specs back and forth to help you after couple of pages or posts... when you ask these people to post specs, they say, i already posted do u see it in some pages ago? as if you have a duty to remember or search for them... and answer their question... I explain the benefits many times, and still people ignore it.... I put it on the guide page with huge size letters..., it is not read at all? or it is ignored...

it is very hard to keep your patience at times when you see this kind of situation too often.... I dont have grudge against anyone, but some people really deserves to be sworn... and deserve the title of being noob or better dumb.... I made the guide title newbie, bcoz I dont like to insult people, and expect newbies to read and learn stuffs before they put their hands on something they are totally new to... but some people really screamin loud to be called noob or dumb...

-_-

I hope you understand what i mean...