Is there any Leopard x86 release works on my PC ?

PixlNinja

13 posts in this topic

I have already tried iAtkos both two available ver.. And it is saying "Still waiting for Boot Device.." I found that it is due to incompatibility to my IDE DVD Drive. Is there any OS X x86 release that can Solve my problem ?

I have a

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600

Intel DG33 Mother Board

XFX 8500 GT Gfx Card

A 160GB WD SATA HDD

Sony DVD-RW (IDE)

Or Does any one know how to solve my problem Without going for a new USB DVD drive ? :(

I have already tried iAtkos both two available ver.. And it is saying "Still waiting for Boot Device.." I found that it is due to incompatibility to my IDE DVD Drive. Is there any OS X x86 release that can Solve my problem ?

I have a

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600

Intel DG33 Mother Board

XFX 8500 GT Gfx Card

A 160GB WD SATA HDD

Sony DVD-RW (IDE)

Or Does any one know how to solve my problem Without going for a new USB DVD drive ? :hysterical:

To be honest, your best bet it to just go out and buy a SATA/USB DVD drive. Surprisingly enough though, there is a release that will boot on your IDE drive, albeit horribly slow, and that's the JaS OSX 10.4.8 DVD PPF2. I dont recommend it in the slightest, but it will work on an IDE drive. Personally, save yourself some headache and just go and buy an SATA DVDRW, they're about 25 bucks now. That's not too bad, no?

EDIT: Oops, misread your title. Only Tiger will boot from an IDE DVD drive, there's no distro of leopard that will now. Guess its time to go out an buy that drive. Sorry! :P

Randomocity, you're saying that Leopard won't start up with an IDE DVD drive? When I boot from my iAtkos DVD it loads a few files and then reboots, is this because it's not an SATA DVD drive? I've also tried the Kalyway DVD and it freezes during the initial installation process (Disk Utility). So a SATA DVD drive will help?

I will debunk this rumor now. I have an AMD machine and the Intel I am typing on. Both of them have IDE DVD drives and both have leopard installed. It used to be only IDE drives, only with the more recent releases has SATA DVD drives worked properly.

Well don't get your hopes up too high, there are some motherboards that don't play well with some particular DVD drives. Perhaps you fall into this category, I don't know. What chipset is this motherboard?

Sorry, I forgot to add the chipset to my sig. It's the 650i chipset. Thanks!