Can't email .pages files using Thunderbird

velayo

7 posts in this topic

I've been trying thunderbird. Because for the 3rd time, after upgrading to Leopard, Mail magically stops logging to my smtp servers.

Thunderbird works great except for corrupting .pages files when sent as attachments. The receiver will get a message that says the .pages file is not a valid .pages file.

Any suggestions? I like how thunderbird works and would like to keep it, but I use Pages for all wordprocessing in the office.

Thanks,

Velayo

Been using mail since 10.5.0, 10.5.1 and now 10.5.2, it has a bug on my system which doesn't let it connect to any smtp server. In order to fix it I have to delete the account information and start entering it again and again. Then after a while it will connect again as if nothing ever happened. I like mail but this bug is really annoying specially when I depend on time sensitive emails.

Maybe I should just use both of them. Mail for sending .pages files and thunderbird for the rest.

Any sugestions?

Velayo. (BTW My native language isn't english, so bear with me if my writing sounds vague)

Macbook white

1.88 ghz C2D

2gb ram

currently runing 10.5.2

Thanks for the suggestion, the file doesn't get corrupted when I send the files ziped. Wonder what the issue is. By the way, if I try to drop a pages file to the send mail subsection, it won't accept it, I have to open it using the attach file command.

Thanks for the help!

The issue seems to be the way Pages files are saved. When you save a document in pages, you aren't actually saving to a single file, but to a directory. Most email programs aren't able to send these files, you need to archive them first. So you have one more thing to do when you send a Pages file in Thunderbird.