Logic on Hackintosh

Steveuk

7 posts in this topic

Is there a way u can install Logic.Studio full install on a Hackintosh with out QE/CI working

Ive installed just the basic Logic app which is 209meg and upgraded to 8.01 ok no probs as it didnt say any thing about QE/CI

So it must be possible

But how do i get the full install to work and get around the QE/CI problem

I just cant get the QE/CI enabled on my laptop

THxs

• 2 months later...

Here is a guide on how to bypass Logic Studio requirements test during installation.

1. On the logic installation image navigate to Install Logic Studio package, right-click and choose Show Original

2. A new Finder window should open with LogicStudio.mpkg hi-lighted. Right-click and choose Show Package Contents

3. Inside LogicStudio.mpkg, navigate to Contents/Resources/Requirements Checker.app, right-click it and choose Show Package Contents

4. Inside Requirements Checker.app, navigate to Contents/Resources and open file minsys.plist for editing

5. Replace all "<key>block</key>" with "<key>warn</key>" and save file.

Now you can install Logic Studio without having to meet the minimum system requirements. The installer will still warn you, but you will be able to proceed.

Here is a guide on how to bypass Logic Studio requirements test during installation.

1. On the logic installation image navigate to Install Logic Studio package, right-click and choose Show Original

2. A new Finder window should open with LogicStudio.mpkg hi-lighted. Right-click and choose Show Package Contents

3. Inside LogicStudio.mpkg, navigate to Contents/Resources/Requirements Checker.app, right-click it and choose Show Package Contents

4. Inside Requirements Checker.app, navigate to Contents/Resources and open file minsys.plist for editing

Now you can install Logic Studio without having to meet the minimum system requirements. The installer will still warn you, but you will be able to proceed.

This works a treat. I used super duper to copy to desktop then modded as suggested. Not sure if this was the best way to do this but worked for me as I'm new to using macs. Thanks alot, now to try and get my duet drivers installed without the kernal panics at reboot.

• 1 month later...

worked just fine ... thanks :lol: