Dell Vostro's user's Come here!

plyrath

16 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I created this post because i've been seeing a lot of post's about this series. Anyways heres a quick small guide to hold off until I post my full (way better) guide. Theses are some notebooks that are confirmed working, i'll post up the desktop part in the final release. Im going to make a thread with my guide for all pc's because I know some people arent doing it right and its getting tiring replying to all them :censored2:

Dell Vostro 1000: Confirmed: Using Leo4All v2

Drivers:

Graphics Card: Callisto B 003

Sound Card: Sigmatel 9200 Kext

Dell Wireless 1395: Works Out of The Box

Note: Some user's are reporting that after install they're getting a "waiting for root device" error, ok so download this: SB600_SATA_ATA.zip I used the method provided by dcat and have now ata and sata-support at full speed.

see below for downloading the two extensions. all credits go to dcat

as always do

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/*

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/*

and remove the kext-cache and boot with -f

________________________________________________________________________________

Dell Vostro 1400: Dont know if it'll work yet- someone confirm

Dell Vostro 1500: Confirmed: Using Leo4All and Jas 10.4.8 and Jas 10.5.2

Dell Vostro 1700: Confirmed: Using Leo4All and Jas 10.4.8

• 3 weeks later...
I started this thread because I've been seing posts about the vostro series and im making one big one in general. I have a dell vostro 1000 laptop and I cant seem to get it to work. After installation and reboot it doesnt recognize the os, my bios say's "No os detected". Basically nothing happens. Anyways these ones have been tested and worked fine with Mac Os X Leopard

Dell Vostro 1000: Dont know if it'll work yet- someone confirm

Dell Vostro 1400: Dont know if it'll work yet- someone confirm

Dell Vostro 1500: Confirmed and working perfectly - Using Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2

Dell Vostro 1700: Confirmed and working perfectly - Using Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2

If you have got it to work, please post the settings and how you did it. If you have any questions please post them in this section as I will try to answer as many as I can -_- If you can, please help me out in my situation so I can confirm that it works!

Hi i have a vostro 1700 and i am thinking of trying the Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2 but i only find the version for AMD do you know if works in my computer ? Thanks

Nabil ...

Yes ... it happened to me during many many attemps .. but believe me ... after insisting the installer loaded 2 or 3 times ... and then I could install ..

Anyway .. what you need to do is to add the sb600 kext (you can find it in a quick search in the foruns) to the leo4allv2 image before burning it ... and if I remember right, delete other kext ata controlers (described in the install guide in the same topic) so the dvd driver can be recognized without conflicts ...

Unfortunatelly I cant find a way to make the sata controler work in a good transfer speed at least ....

Another tip! start the installation with idlehalt=0 because if not it will take 3 hours to install on the vostro 1000 ok? no need for -legacy indeed

gl.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...