Kismac Help (bcm4311 mini pci e)

applehacker

10 posts in this topic

OK, lets get started. I tried all known tricks, including Chun-nan's PCI 10.5.2 card driver. no success, but in Kismac, I load apple airport extreme, passive mode, it says it is able to load driver, but unable to create an interface. how do I fix this? this is the last obsticle in my path. If there is no way in getting this card recognized, is there a compatable mini pci e card? Thanks 4 all ur help!

OK, lets get started. I tried all known tricks, including Chun-nan's PCI 10.5.2 card driver. no success, but in Kismac, I load apple airport extreme, passive mode, it says it is able to load driver, but unable to create an interface. how do I fix this? this is the last obsticle in my path. If there is no way in getting this card recognized, is there a compatable mini pci e card? Thanks 4 all ur help!

what is ur laptop ?

many say that the dell 1390 mini pci works .

i have Hp compaq presario and the card is BCM94311 CMG . and i tried everything . no luck .

when i installed Aitkos there was airport in the network preference . but when i install kalyway there is no airport . and the airport in Aitkos i can never turn it on cus the card is not recognized. In kalyway install . i never get the airport in network preference . good luck.

hmm... my 4311 worked out of the box with Kalyway and with iAtkos after applying the 10.5.2 combo update.

Is the card shown up in the system profiler? Check if you have the related kext installed. It is called bcm43xx.kext, I guess. (I don't have access to my OSX right now, but I can check later)

hmm... my 4311 worked out of the box with Kalyway and with iAtkos after applying the 10.5.2 combo update.

Is the card shown up in the system profiler? Check if you have the related kext installed. It is called bcm43xx.kext, I guess. (I don't have access to my OSX right now, but I can check later)

No, it doesn't show up. I did EFI emu in Iatkos, updated to 10.5.2. nothing. hlp plz

i bought airport extreme mini pci card that has driver for vista . it's supported by hp . and the ID num is 4321 i'm waiting for it to arrive .i will be installing this on hp compaq presario C300 model number C304NR. this test should be beneficial for C500 also , becuase it will prove to us compaq presario users what is the cause for the wifi not turning on. now IF this card didn't work it means the slot is the problem . i mean the mini pci slot . where the mini pci card sits, and i'm saying this because this card comes with a driver for mac OS X so it should work. and if it works it means it's the card that is not being recognized. i will test this and i will come back with the news. i'm hopping as those who use the same laptops should hope that the cause is not the slot . BRB after the test

hmm... my 4311 worked out of the box with Kalyway and with iAtkos after applying the 10.5.2 combo update.Is the card shown up in the system profiler? Check if you have the related kext installed. It is called bcm43xx.kext, I guess. (I don't have access to my OSX right now, but I can check later)
you should also mention what is ur laptop ???

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...