UPDATE - Can't install leopard, disk utility doesn't recognize my hard drive.

xeongx

25 posts in this topic

|______________________________________________________________|

|___________________(--=+{UPDATE}+=--)_________________________|

|_Guys, is this because of my SATA controlloer?________________|

|_What if I buy an extra adaptor or a PCI controller would it__|

|_solve my problem?____________________________________________|

|_I'm so desprate, I really love osx86, and It runs____________|

|_beautifully and I REALLY want to get it runnning on my pc.___|

http://www.sis.com/products/sis760_features.htm

I tried all of my 7 OSX86 installtion DVDs and none of them seems to detect my hard drive.

When I go to Desk Utility, there is nothing on the left side panel.

My PC specs are on my sig,

any help would be appreciated.

Note:

- My Bios doesn't have the option of enabling/disabling AHCI.

- Disk Utility doesn't detect/recognize my hard drive at all. Even if I creat Fat, Fat32, NTFS, HFS partitions on it.

emm...have you format your disk to MAC OS Extended (journaled) in Disk Untility?The filesystem MAC use is very different with windows',so you should format your disk first in the "disk untility" option before you click "continue" like the first IMG.

@ubombmimac, I think that I partitioned it right.

But shouldn't I be able to see my hard drive in the side panel of Disk Utility even If I partition it wrong?

Like on this picture http://tianyi.it168.com/attachments/month_...GiDigC8XtMV.jpg

Where it says "74.5 GB ST380013AS", I don't see anything there.

@wNv.xiaoD, I tried installing on my laptop, it works. But on my PC I dont see my hard drive.

See in the image "http://tianyi.it168.com/attachments/month_...GiDigC8XtMV.jpg" you've got "74.5 GB ST380013AS" at the side panel. I don't have anything there...

@smorf, My other friend suggested the same thing, but I checked BIOS there is no option to set the SATA-Controller to AHCI mode. The only setting I have, is [Disable] and [Enable]. My Bios is Phoenix Ver. 6, and my computer is Compaq Presario. My other friend said that they restrict alot of stuff in BIOS.

In either the iATKOS nVidia or the Kalway thread there is a post with the bios settings to use. There are a few of them in a specific combination.

Are there any bios updates for your MB since 2005? This may have something to do with it also.

i having the same problem take out your harddrive and put it someone elses pc

install it on theres then put it back into yours and try

Would it recognize my hard drive after installing OSX on it on my pc?

What if I put a 10GB IDE secendary hard drive, and install osx on it, would it recognize my 200GB SATA1 hard drive after the installtion?

Can I install on a 4GB USB Drive, and after booting would it recognize my 200GB hard drive?

@xeongx ive currently installed and running perfectly zephyroth 10.5.1 leopard but i need a new graphic card anyway..

the only option is to buy a IDE HD to installa nd only use with leopard.

just some hope out there ur pc is the same as mine everything will work beleive me just get a new IDE HD.

@xeongx ive currently installed and running perfectly zephyroth 10.5.1 leopard but i need a new graphic card anyway..

the only option is to buy a IDE HD to installa nd only use with leopard.

just some hope out there ur pc is the same as mine everything will work beleive me just get a new IDE HD.

My friend is gonna give me a 20GB IDE hard drive, I'll try it again when I get the HD.

Would my 200GB HD get recognized by Leopard after I install on the 20GB IDE? Or I wont be able to use the other HD at all?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

sorry to bring up this dead topic, but after hours of research on this site ive finally encountered someone with the same problem that i currently have

the disk utility only recognizes my external drive (seagate expansion 1tb).

SO..

i was wondering whether or not one could install on the external, then clone the installation to the partition on the main hd...

please i am desperate to have osx86, so someone please leave some feedback