P5k Deluxe/WIFI Kalyway Intall

Derek Bledsoe

9 posts in this topic

This is my first time posting here, and so far this forum has been a great weath of knowlege, and i'd like to thank everyone for that first and fore most.

First let me preface by saying i am new to installing OS X on PC's but not new to macs or pcs in general. I have successfully installed OS X leopard using the Kalyway 10.5.1 disk on my wifes HP dv6000 with no issue what so ever, and its currently working great, minus wifi.

So now my problem. I am trying to install leopard using the same dvd i used for my wifes install and have encounted a number of issues, and would appreciate any information you might have

First here is my system specs.

Mobo: PK5 Deluxe/WIFI - Bios 0809

HDD: Western Digital Raptor WD1500 Sata harddrive

CPU: Intel E6600

Graphics: Evga 8800GTS

DVD: IDE DVD/RW Drive

DVD: USB DVD/RW Drive

I think thats all the relevent information.

So now onto the problems.

When i first tried to boot of the dvd i was given an error that said something link missing plist and wouldn't boot, i found out it was probly because of dvd drive being on IDE not sata. I read several places saying to try and use an external usb dvd drive. So i went out and bought a external USB dvd drive and sucess now it boot the dvd, but not so fast it hung on the gray apple screen. I restarted and went into -v mode and waited for the error to pop up.

The error finally came up as: Sam Multimedia Read or Write Failed Sense_Key = 0x06, ASC = 0x29, ASCQ = 0x00 and it just keeps repeating that error until the PC panics and shuts down.

I searched online and found a bunch of great tips for tweaking the Bios. upon my research i found that i should have my sata confirgured as AHCI and set my J-micron controller to ACHI.

After setting my bios to mirror someones that worked i tried again booting off my USB dvd drive and still get the same error: Sam Multimedia Read or Write Failed Sense_Key = 0x06, ASC = 0x29, ASCQ = 0x00

I have unplugged my dvd drive from the ide port so now my sata drive is the only thing plugged in to the mobo, and using just the USB dvd drive, but no avail.

I have tried just about everything i can think of minus buying a new Sata DVD drive to replace the IDE drive, but i always get the same error. Upon some more reading i have decided to buy a Sata DVD rom drive and see if that makes any difference.

I think my Kalyway dvd is fine because the install worked flawlessly on my wifes HP dv6000.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions or possible causes?

Any help would be greatly welcomed

Thanks

-Derek Bledsoe

I honestly think you have a bad disk, or a bad burn, i had the issue before myself. I would re download and burn, it should work with an IDE drive, or sata (as a matter of fact, i installed on my pc with an IDE drive, and later upgraded to sata without issue) I have the same mother board, and harddrive and cpu as you but my graphics card is an ati1950xt

i agree with above; i pretty much have the same hardware to the graphic card, i had to use a Serial SATA DVD for it to work, i never tried the USB DVD; i disable the j M port, since i had nothing connected to it; I have disable the floppy drive; i have the same beta bios 809; works perfect; SATA mode is ACHI; few things on the CPU bios;; disable intel step up and virtulazation thing; boating from SATA DVD; press Enter once it reads the Drive. under power bios S3 only other all enable (3 choices);

before upgarde my system was shuting down, but after upgrading to 10.5.2, only sleep and restart work; FYI if someone could help. very new to OS X; but this forum rocks hands down; all my info was from here.... so great forum.

I searched online and found a bunch of great tips for tweaking the Bios. upon my research i found that i should have my sata confirgured as AHCI and set my J-micron controller to ACHI.

You only need to Configure J-Micron Controlller as ACHI. Leave SATA Configuration on IDE.

Disable everything you see under "CPU Configuration" including Vanderpool, C1E, Executer Disabled Bit etc.

You only need to Configure J-Micron Controlller as ACHI. Leave SATA Configuration on IDE.

Disable everything you see under "CPU Configuration" including Vanderpool, C1E, Executer Disabled Bit etc.

I did not disable all the fuction of the CPU; as this creates problems for me; P5K Deluxe board seems to be a great board with all the help from all the expert user here and this forum; Q6600 finds only 2 cores.... if i disable all the functions;

was able to set my 2 SATA HD to a raid with out raid controller, i tried installing the OS X on it, install went smooth, but could not boot, because, i did not set up the raid config in the bios;;; has anyone tried and got away with raid zero on P5K motherboard;;; i will try it more; i have 3 hd, all 300 gbs; one of them has OS X installed; everything working except wireless; now i am after raid..please help ...

Are u sure of that one? I think I've been reading that Excecution Disable bit is the one that should be enabled.

Yes i am sure, i will check under CPU and list them as my setup tomorrow or tonight;;; i know i don't have them all disable;

step up and van/vir. disable for sure. but others are enable; i will list them; thanks for prompted respond.

P5K Deluxe AP motherboard bios 809 beta My setup (working stable and near perfect)

here is what i have and its gather from this forum

Main:

Legacy disk A "disabled"

Config Sata as "AHCI"

CPU Config:

Cpu Ratio .... "Auto"

C1E .... Enabled"

Max Cpuid Va ..... "disabled"

Vanderpool .... "disabled"

excute dis.... "enabled"

Intel speed.... "disabled"

jumper free config:

all "auto"

USB config "defult" No changes

Chipset "default" no changes

Onboard Device config:

high def auto "enabled"

front panel type "HD Audio"

J-micron "enabled" if you use it

controller mode "AHCI"

other setting are defualt

PCI pnp "defult" no changes

Power:

S3 only

all other setter "enabled" (i belive 3 more setting"

booting : only from "sata 0"

and only one enable to boot from, all other drive i have disable it from booting manu;

i have 4 hd and 1 SATA DVD hook up;

hope this help ....