where is the unix command intro files?

vfly

5 posts in this topic

detailed intro about every unix command.i happened to see these files last week,but i forget where they are and i can't find them now.anybody know?

Using something like "info command" or "man command" without the quotes in a terminal will get you an overview of the command you wanted to know about plus Google is your friend searching on the command you want to know about will most times bring up a link to the man page for it and other information about it. If wanting to know more about a Unix/GNU Linux way of operating look for the Rute Tutorial it is mainly aimed at GNU/Linux but the concepts are the same for many of the ideas there.

ur...exactly,what i mean is not what we see in the terminal after we type the "man" or "info" command.i saw some single intro files of each command,many files,maybe dozens of,the files are what i want to find.

ur...exactly,what i mean is not what we see in the terminal after we type the "man" or "info" command.i saw some single intro files of each command,many files,maybe dozens of,the files are what i want to find.

locate bash
/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.4.2/Home/lib/zi/Africa/Lubumbashi
/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Home/lib/zi/Africa/Lubumbashi
/Volumes/Home/MacUser2525/.bash_history
/Volumes/Home/MacUser2525/.bashrc
/bin/bash
/private/etc/bashrc
/usr/bin/bashbug
/usr/share/doc/bash
/usr/share/doc/bash/article.pdf
/usr/share/doc/bash/bash.html
/usr/share/doc/bash/bash.pdf
/usr/share/doc/bash/bashbug.pdf
/usr/share/doc/bash/bashref.html
/usr/share/doc/bash/bashref.pdf
/usr/share/doc/bash/builtins.pdf
/usr/share/doc/bash/rbash.pdf
/usr/share/doc/bash/rose94.pdf
/usr/share/emacs/22.1/etc/emacs.bash
/usr/share/info/bash.info
/usr/share/man/man1/bash.1.gz
/usr/share/man/man1/bashbug.1.gz
/usr/share/zoneinfo/Africa/Lubumbashi
/usr/share/zsh/4.3.4/functions/_bash_completions
/usr/share/zsh/4.3.4/functions/bashcompinit

/usr/share/doc from the looks of it then.