Leopard freezes, why?

atlee

7 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

Maybe someone can help me, I have installed the flat image to a external 500GB WD drive, everything works fine, Leopard boots up and i can use the system, use the programs, but when i leave the system idle, for some reason the OS freezes or my external drive goes to sleep im not sure which one, I checked in the Power savings and unticked switch harddrives off after 20mins, but it still stalls the OS and i have to restart, as long as im at the machine it wont stop?

Has anyone had this problem and how can it be fixed?

ASUS F3JP Duo Core 2 1.66Ghz, 2GB, 80GB SATA, DVDRW, Running Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit and Leopard 10.5

If anyone can help would be great, maybe its the kernal or SMBIOS?

Josh

its wierd how if i leave my pc my external hdd would goto sleep, it never sleeps in vista, its bad because i have leopard on my external and if it goes to sleep then so does my OS, would opening terminal then changing hibernatemode to a custom setting like 0 stop leopard from accessing the sleepmode option?

e.g. leopard default setting is 3

i changed it to 0, so leopard doesnt write anything to the sleepimage file?

if this doesnt work, i'm upgrading to 10.5.2 vanilla kernal, it might be because of Brazil's work.

Josh

Well I am not using a flat image however I had the same issues with freezing.

I had sleep disabled however it would still freeze up after a while.

I replaced my AppleSMBIOS.kext with one that was modified for my ram specs and for compatibility from macdotnub.info iirc.

This may or may not help you.

Can I ask why a flat image and not just a normal installation?